Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing there's some seriously ruffled feathers in the Westside camp tonight. Evidently the lights at Charles Best snapped off with 4 minutes still to go in a 2-1 game. Now of course you would have to back Metro Ford to see out the final minutes, but Westside are probably full value to be frustrated. Long odds no doubt, but anything can happen in football especially when you are pushing late.

Moreover, sources tell me that this is not the first time this has happened and, in fact, it occurs rather regularly at Charles Best. That seems unacceptable to me for the top amateur level in the country. Surely the league must have rules around this. I assume the result will stand as is, but maybe the league will tack it on to the reverse fixture? Not sure what the precedent is on this sort of thing. Is there a formal policy?

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rmd vs Rovers 1-1. Fair result, both sides might have scored one or two more but wind was a huge equalizer. Both goals were nicely orchestrated and came in the second half. Ruben called a good game and went 89 minutes without showing a card, I think both sides new how to behave with him. What delight to see footy played on grass.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBY 1 RMD 2. Huge 3 points for Hibs who went up 1-0 in the first minute on a ball lobbed in from the flank, flicked on by Lucas Barrett to Steve Chivers for a tap in. Barrett scored the game winner about 15 minutes later heading a corner into the near post. Some good efforts in both directions for the rest of the half but no more goals. Just shy of the hour mark Hibs keeper Brad Cardwell who had been solid thus far mistimed his tackle and received a yellow for his trouble. On the ensuing PK he appeared to have redeemed himself, diving hard to right to collect the ball just inside the post and about a foot in front of the line. Unfortunately, and to pretty much everyone's surprise, the AR judged him to have moved forward before the kick resulting in a retake and and a second yellow due to the new FIFA rules. With no substitute keeper on the bench Barrett was deputized to face the retake which this time was converted. Burnaby pressed hard for the next 35 minutes but Hibs 10 men stood their ground for a well deserved win.

Oct 16, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
rovers 2-1 over peg sola with a brace. cj scoring a freekick after one of the softest calls given I've seen in any league.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not one to make comments on the refs, so I won't it can be a tough job and I spoke to him after to relay my disappointment.

In all the years I have been around that was the most exciting game I have watched from the sidelines.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about Croatia/Pacific?? 6-4?? Did anybody play defense???

I'd be very grateful for a match report on that one!

Also, I know I haven't been able to get my prediction posted that last couple of weeks (yes I'm aware that you have all been very distressed about it;)) but I certainly would have had a hard time calling Columbus v Coquitlam today. Obviously the smart money is on Metro Ford as they are no doubt the class of the league, but they weren't exactly convincing getting 99% of a win against Westside and now add a week off plus a clearly reinvigorated Italian side and who knows....

Golazo

Nov 19, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught most of Metro Ford v Columbus. Metro Ford carried most of the play and had a few more quality chances, but it was a well contested game. Both goals were well taken. I was really impressed with the ref (not sure of her name). She was fair and firm with everyone, and chatted with some of the guys who were getting fired up and explained calmly her reasoning, (and she was usually spot on) it was first class. The field beside had Upal reffing, provoking/exasperating every situation as he does. He needs to hang em' up. Would be great to see that female ref out at more prem games.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught most of Metro Ford v Columbus. Metro Ford carried most of the play and had a few more quality chances, but it was a well contested game. Both goals were well taken. I was really impressed with the ref (not sure of her name). She was fair and firm with everyone, and chatted with some of the guys who were getting fired up and explained calmly her reasoning, (and she was usually spot on) it was first class. The field beside had Upal reffing, provoking/exasperating every situation as he does. He needs to hang em' up. Would be great to see that female ref out at more prem games.
I think that she is Michele Pie. She refereed in the Womens World Cup.imgres-2.jpg
She is good.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ps. I have not seen Uppal in a Premier game for a while, but he has done well in some of the difficult games that we had this year (i.e. with Norvan, Tigers, etc).

Golazo

Nov 19, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that she is Michele Pie. She refereed in the Womens World Cup.View attachment 17074
She is good.
Yes, that's her. She's excellent. Too bad she can't ref more games locally. I've seen Uppal a few times this year, and have had him years ago when I played. No doubt some of these games can be tough to ref, but he doesn't have the demeanour to deal with the issue and then ref the game without bias; Far too emotional. I've seen numerous times this year where he's initiated yelling matches with players and then carded them says something like "I'm not talking to you."

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, that's her. She's excellent. Too bad she can't ref more games locally. I've seen Uppal a few times this year, and have had him years ago when I played. No doubt some of these games can be tough to ref, but he doesn't have the demeanour to deal with the issue and then ref the game without bias; Far too emotional. I've seen numerous times this year where he's initiated yelling matches with players and then carded them says something like "I'm not talking to you."

I am glad to hear that she is doing VMSL. She takes the job of refereeing very conscientiously. I think that we had her once in a cup game, and she controlled the game well. I think that she does referee on the WMSL, but the VMSL would benefit from having her.

As I said, I can not comment on Uppal at Premier. I like the job that he has done with us, and he seems to be a nice guy.
The only think that I can say is that the league seems to listen if you complain. When we put a bad report on a referee we do not get them back.
With the exception of the two dubious games, we have had good ones. Today we had a very good crew.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
@whistle blower if you are looking for love...

No Mate it's all good.

Michele is the highest ranking as an official in BC and by the far in my opinion the best referee and has been for a long time.

After reading Golazo post maybe he should ask the teams that was playing how the game went ?

It's funny how players can open there big mouths and expect the referee not to react, maybe the best way to deal with dissent is just caution and send the big mouths off instead of replying to them in exactly the same manor as they are talking to me. I would love too see these guys refereeing, all criticism and no ball's to try doing the job.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's funny how players can open there big mouths and expect the referee not to react, maybe the best way to deal with dissent is just caution and send the big mouths off instead of replying to them in exactly the same manor as they are talking to me.
Dan Penner, cheater.

And I get the red and not the crazy flopper :rolleyes:

Fcuk you @Rangerforever

:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shittiest job in footy. Been saying a long time we need to double the pay for the refs, which may actually encourage guys to pick it up after they are done playing. As of now, most see it as not worth it.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, to a certain degree on a couple of fronts.

Yes, we need more players to ref.
There's not enough officials, period.
Which if there was, there would be more competition for the 'job' which would enhance the quality at that point I'm sure just like any other segment of society.
Players/Ex-Players have that innate understanding of the game as opposed to some who officiate that haven't played the game that long.
Its like the good players who become good coaches debate at the high level.
Sometimes its true - Sometimes it isn't.
But in general its probably a minority of good coaches who weren't decent players I'd bet.
Same as officials is my logic.

Its good to have guys like Whistleblower who could play (Fcuk me it was tough to type that...;)) and as a result can 'talk' to certain players out there.
They also need to also have the ability to know who and when you speak to in that tone of voice, which in my opinion, WB also does.
Perhaps, that's when the strict 'by the book' non-verbal officials may be better perhaps - There's no dialogue, it is what it is, which can be structured, or a complete bloody hornets nest waiting to be broken open because they don't talk to the players to explain their position(s).

We also need to encourage kids to ref more and that is a huge problem in BC.
Like anything else the more years under their belt the better they'll become.

Lastly:

we need to double the pay for the refs,

Agreed, sure, to attract the best.
I get that.
The problem with this Dude is it also attracts officials for the WRONG reasons.
It shouldn't be about the beer money.
It should be for love of the game, no different than us.
I have seen all too often some guy who stands in the center circle all game and couldn't be bothered to catch up with the play and make decent game of it, endangers the players, etc. all because he's punching the fcuking clock.
Maybe you're fatigued from the first game you just reffed before, but I don't give a shite.
It shouldn't be the money that motivates you to ref back to back games unless you have the fitness and mental fortitude to pull it off.
If not fcuk off.
If you're gonnae dae a jobe, dae it fcukin right.
Or, go back to my point above to create more refs, to create competition, to then not have a situation where an official is having to say ref two, or possibly three games in a row or in one day.

Switzerland rant over.

:D

Cheers,
RF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, to a certain degree on a couple of fronts.

Yes, we need more players to ref.
There's not enough officials, period.
Which if there was, there would be more competition for the 'job' which would enhance the quality at that point I'm sure just like any other segment of society.
Players/Ex-Players have that innate understanding of the game as opposed to some who officiate that haven't played the game that long.
Its like the good players who become good coaches debate at the high level.
Sometimes its true - Sometimes it isn't.
But in general its probably a minority of good coaches who weren't decent players I'd bet.
Same as officials is my logic.

Its good to have guys like Whistleblower who could play (Fcuk me it was tough to type that...;)) and as a result can 'talk' to certain players out there.
They also need to also have the ability to know who and when you speak to in that tone of voice, which in my opinion, WB also does.
Perhaps, that's when the strict 'by the book' non-verbal officials may be better perhaps - There's no dialogue, it is what it is, which can be structured, or a complete bloody hornets nest waiting to be broken open because they don't talk to the players to explain their position(s).

We also need to encourage kids to ref more and that is a huge problem in BC.
Like anything else the more years under their belt the better they'll become.

Lastly:

Agreed, sure, to attract the best.
I get that.
The problem with this Dude is it also attracts officials for the WRONG reasons.
It shouldn't be about the beer money.
It should be for love of the game, no different than us.
I have seen all too often some guy who stands in the center circle all game and couldn't be bothered to catch up with the play and make decent game of it, endangers the players, etc. all because he's punching the fcuking clock.
Maybe you're fatigued from the first game you just reffed before, but I don't give a shite.
It shouldn't be the money that motivates you to ref back to back games unless you have the fitness and mental fortitude to pull it off.
If not fcuk off.
If you're gonnae dae a jobe, dae it fcukin right.
Or, go back to my point above to create more refs, to create competition, to then not have a situation where an official is having to say ref two, or possibly three games in a row or in one day.

Switzerland rant over.

:D

Cheers,
RF

The laws of supply and demand don't always mean increased quality, agreed.

But, competition for the dollar will almost always weed out the, erm, weeds.

Still remember many moons back, playing against GN Sport when they were in the FVSL Premier, I ran a guy pretty hard. Easy yellow, maybe even a red in the views of many these days. WB goes to see if the player is OK, is assured he is, looks at me, and says in his best disappointed parent voice, "Dude, what were you thinking?"

No red. No yellow. But I felt shame, and kept it clean the rest of the game. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0