Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Preseason Banter 2007/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

THESTEAMER

Nov 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
jomo...i think it's time that the recent acquistion's names be published...everyone is dying to know:rolleyes:...after all...it's inter,everybody wants to know what's going on with us!give the public what they want!!!...or i could do it:D.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
jomo...i think it's time that the recent acquistion's names be published...everyone is dying to know:rolleyes:...after all...it's inter,everybody wants to know what's going on with us!give the public what they want!!!...or i could do it:D.

I would like to know who ClanBus has picked up for their National Championship run. Anyone?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard Tino Cucca (sp?)... wasn't he an Inter lad before Lilley ruined him for life? :D

Jun 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sir M, this is a Premier thread, and the Indo-Temple merger is Premer news.

So quit your complaining and go back to spending four days a week doing Masters Rankings that no one cares about.

What kind of geek has that much time to spend calculating rankings?????

Too much time on your hands!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

So quit your complaining and go back to spending four days a week doing Masters Rankings that no one cares about.

The Masters Rankings are some of the cleverest stuff on this site so you are way offside on that front. Bravo, Sir M, on your rankings. Keep them coming. ;)

I think everyone is sick of the Bollywood soap opera. I wish there would be actual news from this camp. Like: "who are the parties involved?, what are the issues?, what is likely to happen etc.?" Instead, one cannot make any sense of what is going on, if anything is going on, and if anyone should care (probably not). :rolleyes:

While we are at it, can anyone tell me anything about the new clubs coming up this year? Will Delta and Westside be any good? Or will they get shelled like the Olympics? :confused:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well. Now my feelings have been really hurt by this big dipper person.

I haven't been this shaken since Paris got put back inside.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside be any good?

terrible side. no experience at this level at all, so they have no idea about whats in store at the premier level. i predict a winless campaign and straight back to div. 1 for these plumbers. inter will win everything that doesn't matter...again.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
terrible side. no experience at this level at all, so they have no idea about whats in store at the premier level. i predict a winless campaign and straight back to div. 1 for these plumbers. inter will win everything that doesn't matter...again.

Fair comment about Inter, however, I think they feel like they have something to prove to themselves and to everyone else. I suspect that they will do very well this year. From what I understand, there are several new additions that will help both the play on the field and team chemistry. This will be a very determined bunch. You can tell from JOMO10's comments that they are tired of losing big games (although they won or tied several important games that they needed to have last year--comeback win against Metro Ford, a 10 men tie against Columbus to clinch a spot in the league final, comeback win against Sporting in the league final, taking Columbus to PK's with 9 men in the Imperial Cup final). Yes, they lost the Imperial Cup Final and the first round of the Imperial Cup, but I think enough breath has been wasted about those matches. This year they cannot leave things to chance, referees, luck, tough draw in the provincial cup (I'm sure they would have liked to have started with Aldergrove too) or whatever piss-poor excuses one wants to offer.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

sir-M, the name says it all "The Big Dip" the VMSL Premier Div should be so lucky to have a power rankings.....obviously, "The big dip" don't like to read much!:D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No I think you are incorrect 5BT. Rumour has it that he is quite interested, actually, in Premer news.

reportz

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sorry to say this but if no one posted about Indo or Inter... or whatever Premier team you want to talk about then why do we even check out this site.... all comments have been legit and do involve Premier teams....... so Sir M when are the Premier team rankings coming out??:D seriously.

Rasa

Jun 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back to Indo...I heard they paid a handsome sum to Akal to resolve their 'issues'...any details anyone?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully my one and only post regarding Indo/Akal/Temple/Hurricanes. A lot of banter, most of which has some substance.

First a history lesson for those not directly involved. Four years ago, Akal merged with Indo in division one, after Indo had been relegated from Premier and consequently lost a good group of players (Ninj, Lev, and Gronlund to Dragons.....Gurjit and Paul Bahia Jr. to Sikh Temple) and helped Indo gain promotion back to Premier, ironically over Sikh Temple. In the following two years, Indo-Akal managed to avoid relegation, however, the working relationship between the two clubs and their players was not the best. That leads us to the developments over the current offseason.

This is what I know....

1. Indo has bought out Akal, and created a new team which consists primarily of Indo players and Temple players. Yes, Akal was reimbursed their cost for running the club the past 3 years and Hurricanes declined an original offer to merge with Indo.

2. Burnsie is coaching the team. Something that should have occurred years ago. Millar was approached, but declined after extensive discussions with Softhead and Whistleblower. Coaching lives at Indo are short. Good luck Burnsie.

3. Didar will be in Croatia colors this season.

4. Most of the Akal players will be playing Division 1 lead by a very knowledgeable, reputatable and talented individual. No, it is not me.

5. Indo will be again based out of Richmond, hopefully playing on the Wembley of the VMSL.....MuckNair.

6. For those that care, I will NOT be returning to the team this year. The commute would kill me, however, I may show up somewhere in the VMSL!?!?

Hopefully, Big Dipper, Rasa, reportz, and whoever else can now put it to rest.

Gilly

Rasa

Jun 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly,

How many years have you been playing with Indo prior to this year? Any ideas where you'll end up?

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M. I think team rankings would be a great idea for the Vancouver Premier thread. It may spur some more conversation on this otherwise and surprisingly so, dull thread. (except of course all the banter from the "friends of Inter and Indo") Hopefully you can find the time to continue this as I'm sure it would be a great read.

I by no means am any expert on the teams or any rankings, but here is how I could see it unfold. (atleast before the season starts)

1. Columbus Clan - You can't argue with the hardware won last year
2. Inter - They came close, but again, no finish
3. Sporting Club - You can always count on them to be strong
4. Surrey United - The San Antonio Spurs of the VMSL
5. Croatia - generally a reasonable squad, but I like the new additions that are rumoured this year
6. Metro Ford - Don't know much about them except they finished quite well last year
7. AFC - one of the most talented teams (but potentially most self destructive as well)
8. Firefighters - These guys can clearly be higher in the rankings but do much better in post season and cup games than they do during the season.
9. Sapperton - Seems to be a grind it out team that is missing some flair
10. Norvan - don't know much about them
11. Trollers - Depends who they sign...could be young and fast or old and slow
12. Indo - I have no idea....maybe a combined Indo/Temple team will fair better this year.
13. Westside - lots of experience and should move up in the rankings
14. Blaze - who knows!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good stuff, Gilly.......Richmond too far from Abbotsford? What do you mean?

Being a player/coach is EXTREMELY difficult........I'll leave it at that.

Retiredandenjoyingit CSC

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M. I think team rankings would be a great idea for the Vancouver Premier thread. It may spur some more conversation on this otherwise and surprisingly so, dull thread. (except of course all the banter from the "friends of Inter and Indo") Hopefully you can find the time to continue this as I'm sure it would be a great read.

I by no means am any expert on the teams or any rankings, but here is how I could see it unfold. (atleast before the season starts)

1. Columbus Clan - You can't argue with the hardware won last year
2. Inter - They came close, but again, no finish
3. Sporting Club - You can always count on them to be strong
4. Surrey United - The San Antonio Spurs of the VMSL
5. Croatia - generally a reasonable squad, but I like the new additions that are rumoured this year
6. Metro Ford - Don't know much about them except they finished quite well last year
7. AFC - one of the most talented teams (but potentially most self destructive as well)
8. Firefighters - These guys can clearly be higher in the rankings but do much better in post season and cup games than they do during the season.
9. Sapperton - Seems to be a grind it out team that is missing some flair
10. Norvan - don't know much about them
11. Trollers - Depends who they sign...could be young and fast or old and slow
12. Indo - I have no idea....maybe a combined Indo/Temple team will fair better this year.
13. Westside - lots of experience and should move up in the rankings
14. Blaze - who knows!!

Big Boot, staff are already stretched pretty thin trying to keep up with all of the old boy's activity, but due to the fact that the Vancouver Civic Strike may drag on, and also due to the fact that Mrs Sir M has fled the nest back to Daddy, and Sir M may be in for a windfall-like yep you are retired Sir M settlement in the not to distant future, SMEPR staff may be in a position to venture into the Premier thread. Staff (Orange etc) already advise that they can do a pretty fair job as far as VMSL teams go, but truth be told, are not up to speed on the FVSL teams, other than a prominent team from out there just recently backed out of the WV tournament. But we need to recruit a couple of corresponents (KNVB, Walks?): ones that can, over and above the usual who will beat who stuff, provide half true libelous gossip, ie who plucked who from where, who is mad because who slept with who's ex-girlfriend and therefore changed teams, coaches hired, new tattoos (especially Latin tattoos) etc. That, as we all know, is what makes the rankings tick after all.

Jomo10

Nov 28, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor rankings, if this is going to be ongoing we need someone who can properly rank VMSL teams, what you provided was shite...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posts like that will probably kill this idea immediately. If anyone wants this done, provide constructive input. Who do you think should be ranked?

Otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0