Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Preseason Banter 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just heard that Delta WFC will be made up of what was originally planned to be their U21 team (players born in 1991 and 1992) because the Whitecaps Residency players are not allowed to play as they are on pro contracts.

This in turn has lead to the dropout of the Delta WFC U21 team.

It's going to be a tough year for those kids...

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB + 1995 = [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdk0AejE7IA]YouTube - Rick Astley(Never Gonna Give You Up)[/ame]

click the link if it doesn't work

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just heard that Delta WFC will be made up of what was originally planned to be their U21 team (players born in 1991 and 1992) because the Whitecaps Residency players are not allowed to play as they are on pro contracts.

Many of those kids are from my U-16 team going to Nationals. It will definitely be a tough year, but if managed properly, they will be respectable.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Many of those kids are from my U-16 team going to Nationals. It will definitely be a tough year, but if managed properly, they will be respectable.

Westvan 6 kids 0 .Having a under age kids team makes a joke of dropping 3 teams last year .And of the team Delta dropped to make way for whitecaps.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
because the Whitecaps Residency players are not allowed to play as they are on pro contracts
So who didn't clue into this little gem of info months ago?

The league?

The Whitecaps?

Seriously, I find it hard to believe that the Whitecaps don't know the rules for amateur status. I blame it all on the Southsiders. Those guys are trouble.

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hmmm........that's good news in some regards............:)

Having said that, I'm sure they'll be full of piss and vinegar and will give most teams a good match. The residency team would have been pushing to win the league to be honest........someone screwed up somewhere.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not necessarily Dezza...all those players can have their amateur status re-applied for so they are eligible to play for Delta WFC until they're needed back by WFC. It's no different than those years when Morris, Didar, and JJ had to wait 30-days to regain amateur status so they could return to Indo and Sikh Temple for club soccer once their season with the Caps was done. Who knows how many "pro's" they end up getting out in late October and early November???

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not necessarily Dezza...all those players can have their amateur status re-applied for so they are eligible to play for Delta WFC until they're needed back by WFC. It's no different than those years when Morris, Didar, and JJ had to wait 30-days to regain amateur status so they could return to Indo and Sikh Temple for club soccer once their season with the Caps was done. Who knows how many "pro's" they end up getting out in late October and early November???

Residency players are under contract all year round.........as of now. The other contracts you are referring to ended at a certain point in the season. Having said that........who the fcuk knows?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larry, they're all over the place........but there is a core of the players who will be playing for the Lobbans. Several are playing with RCIU......but after that I'm not sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0