Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter December 08'/January 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 0-3 Delta. This game was late in the second half when I left. Early in the game Didar made a great save on a pk that was taken by Sahil to keep it 0-0. Delta's forward received a red card on a bad foul to put them down a man. It was 0-0 going into the 2nd half. Delta came out and scored 2 goals early to take the lead. Croatia then got a red card to even thing s up for both side's. Late in the game Delta scored another to make it 3-0.....and that's all I saw.

Hard Ballz

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a shame that this Delta team seems to be kinda screwing up the league this year.

From what I have heard, they are not entering the Imperial Cup, nor the Provincial Cup.

So when they go on "tours", teams that play Delta have a significant advantage.

Why didn't they just play an exhibition schedule? The league should wipe out all games played with these guys - I bet Azzi didn't even know the Caps were going to do this to them.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with that Regs....it's a total wast of time. Exhibition games for them would have been the ideal way to go for them.

Hartd Ballz

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats Bobby for you. Whats next ? Azzi is a nice man. But he should tell them to show it up the back side. No one should be aloved to play in the league if they do not play cup games.That team will play in PDL or PCSL in the spring and summer months. They want as many games as posable at the highest levels soccer posable. The kids want to get in to div one in US that way they have a chance on MLS or USL. They do not care about VMSL.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly, my point is, don't try to get it done by misleading people/league officials about something that happened involving other teams that you did did not witness. Have your side get it done on the field.

Sir M.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M.

I think you are missing the point. I have heard numerous stories about the game and what happened amongst certain players. There was a discussion about headbutting and sucker punching. This is not coming from Gilly watching the game b/c I don't believe he went but from others either who directly were involved or watched the game.

Bottom line is that any headbutting or sucker punching if it occured as it is being alleged should result in a severe penalty. I would think you would agree with that. The players involved will have a chance to explain their actions or inactions during the hearing. Either you or Gilly would persuade the committee as to what the correct punishment is.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
AB, I disagree. If I actually thought someone from a rival team actually had an altruistic rationale as opposed to trying to unfairly influence star players undeservedly being suspended, I would take a different view.

I was there. Gilly, by his own admission, was not. It has nothing to do with him or his team, as neither were involved. For someone who was not there, things are getting very exaggerated by someone with may have an agenda which involves neither Columbus, West Van FC, or the greater good of soccer in the Metro League.

I say, sort it out on the field boys. I have no doubt that the VMSL will do the right thing, and let us trust their judgement.

But that whole event was handbags with people with hairbands and blue shirts, with an official that was stressed out. I am still looking for the sniper on the hill that took out the visiting player, because it was quite the reaction.

Just my thoughts.

Regards, Sir M.

Doug Gilmour

Sep 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M and two nine you too are a bunch of meatballs... I watched that game and regardless of the reactions or whether or not you thought embellishment occurred as a result of both the punch and headbut punishment is handing down based on action and intent not on what results afterwards... stop looking for excuses, columbus pumped WV on the night and should've been up 3-0 at half... WV was lucky to be in a position where controversy could've even taken place as the game should've been out of reach early... and as for blaiming the ref twonine... grow up, aside from one brutal throw in call she gave columbus she did a fine job, she was bang on with the cards in the scrum which is hard to get correct amongst all the chaos... your zero saves on the night has nottin to do with her, man up go back to the drawing board and better luck next week

Wrecking Crew

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
there was a definite headbutt...
there was a definite sucker punch...
the officiating was poor for most of the night but she got the reds correct...
wv was dreaming as they tried to persuade an intimidated referee into calling their last ditch effort a goal as the ball sat against the back fence...
based on rizal getting 3 games for throwing a ball at shorty and molicca getting 3 games for a headlock last time these teams met, it will be interesting to see how the league deals with seemingly more violent behavior...
it was a well earned 3 points after a good 90 minute battle by both teams...

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It does not matter if it was WestVan, Clanbus, Inter, and whomever. The league will make their own decisions and deliver the punishment if any. I was at the first WestVan and ClanBus game and Rizal getting three games for throwing the ball was very harsh. I think Sir M would agree with that. All I am saying is that if this did occur, the punishment should be at least three games. Suspensions need to be consistent.

It will depend a lot on the ref's report as to what punishment is handed out. I was not at the game so I can't comment as to what I saw.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly, my point is, don't try to get it done by misleading people/league officials about something that happened involving other teams that you did did not witness. Have your side get it done on the field.

Sir M.

Sir M,

I am not trying to mislead any league official and I have no agenda on or off the field with the West Van Soccer Club. My comments are not in resentment of West Van, in fact, I think that West Van is one of the top three teams in the league.

However, I am of the opinion that if a headbutt occurred and if a sucker punch was thrown then the offending players be severely suspended. Regardless of who it was, which team was involved, and in which division, those type of offenses are not soccer related expulsions. That type of conduct does not represent the game of soccer.

After reading some of the above posts and the length of suspensions from your previous game this year with Columbus, I believe my original comment with a 5-7 game suspension for both Leo and Milad will be deemed just.

This is my last comment regarding this topic and I will await the consequences deemed by the VMSL discipline committee after the hearings with the players, referee's, and witnesses involved.

Carry on (sorry Regs).

Gilly

HAPPY GILMOUR

Aug 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
sir M

karmas a bitch for the first meeting of the year...an yeah he did throw him self when ur player leaned in on him but im pretty sure everyone eles would to....an i dont think milad will be seeing the pitch for atlease 5weeks but it dosent really matter what anyone thinks other then what ref wrote down

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WC it wasn't a headbutt, we were face to face and no headbutt was attempted.
Steve Deblas flew over like he had been cracked in the mouth, yelling and screaming...obviously been watching Italian soccer a bit too much. That's it.

As for Milad's thing, not too sure what happened as I didn't see it, so I can't comment on that.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a shame that this Delta team seems to be kinda screwing up the league this year.

From what I have heard, they are not entering the Imperial Cup, nor the Provincial Cup.

So when they go on "tours", teams that play Delta have a significant advantage.

Why didn't they just play an exhibition schedule? The league should wipe out all games played with these guys - I bet Azzi didn't even know the Caps were going to do this to them.

So a bunch of "lower mainland kids" are screwing up the VMSL Premier league. Come on, if the best teams in the city can't compete with the best kids in the lower mainland that the caps can get together, there is something wrong with the Premier league. You are telling me that if this team was together from start to finish of the league and cup, that no team would be able to beat them or compete with them. So what if they give up some easy points because the top players are playing somewhere else. Back in the day, every team was in compitition for the top players from SFU, UBC, and 86ers/Caps so thier team was better during the league, even though those players were not around at the start or end of the season. Now a bunch of kids are causing problems for the top teams of the league.

If you can't beat them, than your team is just not good enough, move on.

hos

Zarley Zalapski

Sep 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir Muppet you must be joking if you think gilly is trying to "mislead" officials. Posting on TTP determines the suspensions handed out?? Get real.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look at Laylow's post. He was about half an inch away from what occurred.

Sir M.

Zarley, excellent name calling. You got me there.

DCR20

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
sir M

...an yeah he did throw him self when ur player leaned in on him but im pretty sure everyone eles would to....

I would hate to think that "everyone else" would dive and flop and squirm on the ground too. Time to leave the game if this is the case. Sad!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0