Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter Feb/Mar 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 5-2 ICST PEG......

Surrey went up 2-0, ( Nial and Gagan), early in the first 10 or 15 minutes into the game. The Peg boys game back with a very nice goal of their own ( Pb ). Not too long after they tied it on a well taken pk by Morris. 2-2 at the half. Surrey added 3 more in the 2nd half with the last being on a pk call which was also well finished by Peter. The young kid Gagan looked very impressive with a great shot on the fourth goal for Surrey. Good game and good atmosphere at the game.

p.s....also heard Metro Ford beat the Hurricanes 4-0.

Hard Ballz

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 5-2 ICST PEG......

Surrey went up 2-0, ( Nial and Gagan), early in the first 10 or 15 minutes into the game. The young kid Gagan looked very impressive with a great shot on the fourth goal for Surrey. Good game and good atmosphere at the game.

The kid was great. One of the only players that looked dangerous the entire game. Absolute silk on the 4th goal.
Norvan and Columbus will be callin!

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF 0 SU 1 Pk in stoppage time.

In the first half an innocuous challenge resulted in young MF player tearing something in his ankle or knee. Ambulance called. Artificial turf strikes again.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was Keegan Ayre that went down. You would think that with Alfredo Valente replacing him for the 2nd half it wouldn't change much but M.F. didn't look the same team in the 2nd.

romafan86

Nov 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 3 - Norvan 1

Played out at Ambleside, the first half was dreadful. Lack of intensity and damn near boring. Second half showed some life with West Van pressing hard but it was Norvan that took the lead when they executed their patented move; flick from Blakeway to a running forward who slotted it in the corner. This was a huge wake up call for us, as we were down 1-0. Luckily, Milad tied it up 2 mins later when a poor clearance attempt resulted in him knocking in the rebound. It was all us after that and we just kept applying the pressure until Jink scored 2 unbelievable individual efforts; one as a freekick and the other as an unstoppable cannon from outside the 18.
Norvan had few chances after that but there was no way they were going to be us!
Good game. Boring first half but much better in the second.
On to the semifinals!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was Keegan Ayre that went down. You would think that with Alfredo Valente replacing him for the 2nd half it wouldn't change much but M.F. didn't look the same team in the 2nd.

Sorry to hear that the young lad was hurt. Any idea what kind of footwear he was wearing? I have noticed too many players wearing blade-style cleats on turf. I am convinced these raise the possibility of injury. When one of our players was hurt in training I researched the issue and discovered that Manchester United, as an example, has banned the use of blades on their turf training facility.

This may sound like an ad for KNVB or Saveco or North American, but please get the right shoes for the right surface. I won't bore you with the technical details but research shows that it takes a lot more torsional force to unlock a planted foot from a turf field versus a grass field. Compound that with wearing shoes designed to lock into a field surface and you have a problem.

To be clear, I am not blaiming any player for their injuries and certainly don't know how Keegan was hurt, but the fact is we are stuck with artificial surfaces, let's minimize these injuries in the soccer community. Better to slip and fall then blow a knee or ankle or worse.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They were blades Oranje but I don't know if you can say the turf was the only reason if at all. He stepped in front of a player running full out and shielded the ball to go out and they both went down. It almost looked like whatever happened was the result of the way he went into the challenge and it maybe could have happened on grass. Either way bad break as I thought he was one of M.F. better players last night and by the looks of it he might be done for provincials as well.

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have noticed too many players wearing blade-style cleats on turf. I am convinced these raise the possibility of injury.

Working at a Soccer retail store I tell everyone to steer clear of blades on turf. Based on my own personal experience and some of the horror stories I've heard. Spend a little extra cash and get a pair of turfs. If you can't stand turf boots buy a pair of Copa's, Puma King's, or Speciali's. Anything with a moulded stud.

Companies like Puma have gone as far as creating a "Synthetic Turf" specific boot.

PUMA King XL i HG Synthetic Grass - Black/White/Team Gold Firm Ground Soccer Shoes || SOCCER.COM

Of course it's your discretion in the end...

P.S. Adidas blades are the worst for turf.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Working at a Soccer retail store I tell everyone to steer clear of blades on turf. Based on my own personal experience and some of the horror stories I've heard. Spend a little extra cash and get a pair of turfs. If you can't stand turf boots buy a pair of Copa's, Puma King's, or Speciali's. Anything with a moulded stud.

Companies like Puma have gone as far as creating a "Synthetic Turf" specific boot.

PUMA King XL i HG Synthetic Grass - Black/White/Team Gold Firm Ground Soccer Shoes || SOCCER.COM

Of course it's your discretion in the end...

P.S. Adidas blades are the worst for turf.

I tore my ACL last season wearing Copa's on turf, so I'm not convinced they're any better than blades. Now I only wear turf boots on turf. I much rather slip and fall than blow a knee.

I also think part of the problem is the maintenance of the turf fields. The municipalities seem to think they can just build a turf field and that's the end of their responsibility. After a season of use, the turf gets packed down and intertwined. They can use a mechanical sweeper to defibrillate the turf, but I'm not sure they're doing it very often or at all. Packed turf + wet conditions + long studs/blades is a recipe for disaster IMO.

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a difference between old turf and new I agree. You are probably better off wearing indoor shoes on some of the old stuff. I was just listing alternatives to turf boots because I personally hate wearing them in games.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 0 - Westside 1

Very tough to take as we are now officially relegated to div 1... very sloppy game today between two desperate team... us more than them.. they scored the only goal 10 mins into the second half... we had some chances but nothing clear cut other than one in which their goalie made a good save. Looks like we have to do what Indo and Sapperton did and that is stay together next year and hopefully come back up to premier.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Puma V 3.08 Astro Turf Trainers are the charm, I bought a pair in Vienna, but have not seen them over here... The small cleats are perfect for the turf, they don't get caught up or slip.

try www.prodirectsoccer.com to take a look...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0