Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter February 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice!:D

Westside 3
Surrey 2

Fantastic effort by the boys today. Up 1-nil after a minute. Gave two back before the half ended. Second half was the kind of effort we've needed all year. Lads were fully committed and rewarded with two goals for a huge win. Everything to play for in our last game againts Norvan....should be fun.

CS...bottles please.;)

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 3-2 Norvan, as Sir M already said...

We came out slow...finally got going about 20 min mark, got our first goal. Then our second to go up 2-0 about 10 mins before half. They scored off a free kick, bad defending on our part, free header and 2-1 at the half....they scored there only good chance of the first half and we miss 3-4...should of been up about 3-0 at half.

2nd half we came out slow again...and gave away a stupid PK, they scored off it to tie it at 2. Ryan Glanville, then with a great run and took on the defender, beat him and slotted the ball for his hat trick and a 3-2 lead. They came at us for the last 20mins, we held on, and defended well.

A tough game, that we really made hard on ourselves...should of put it away in the first half with the chances we created, credit to them, they didn't give up and kept working hard.

Now lets hope Inter drop a point.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, pretty much gifted Westside two... embarrassing really. No way, IMO we should have given up even 1 goal. Poor, poor effort on our part after I though we were cruising at the half being 2-1 up.

Shoc-king...

Sorry Burnsie.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 3-2 Norvan, as Sir M already said...

We came out slow...finally got going about 20 min mark, got our first goal. Then our second to go up 2-0 about 10 mins before half. They scored off a free kick, bad defending on our part, free header and 2-1 at the half....they scored there only good chance of the first half and we miss 3-4...should of been up about 3-0 at half.

2nd half we came out slow again...and gave away a stupid PK, they scored off it to tie it at 2. Ryan Glanville, then with a great run and took on the defender, beat him and slotted the ball for his hat trick and a 3-2 lead. They came at us for the last 20mins, we held on, and defended well.

A tough game, that we really made hard on ourselves...should of put it away in the first half with the chances we created, credit to them, they didn't give up and kept working hard.

Now lets hope Inter drop a point.

Not gonna disagree with you Laylow. Although it was hard fought on our end, WV deserved the 3 points. The third should never have happened though as Glanville somehow won the ball in the corner on Bas who totally had position on him and then proceeded to deflect the ball off my leg into the far corner. We had a solid 30 mins, but otherwise, it was a disappointing performance for us. It would have been great to keep it at 2-2, but with Westside's win, that point wouldn't have changed anything for us. Thanks Surrey!!

By the way, I should mention that Mlad was on fire today - he got so many bounces on his runs against us and was always dangerous for them.

This has been an interesting season - now it's all on the line against Westside. Too bad for Indo - surprised that they would be first to be relegated as I believe Sapperton still have a slight chance in group A.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice!:D

Westside 3
Surrey 2

Fantastic effort by the boys today. Up 1-nil after a minute. Gave two back before the half ended. Second half was the kind of effort we've needed all year. Lads were fully committed and rewarded with two goals for a huge win. Everything to play for in our last game againts Norvan....should be fun.

CS...bottles please.;)

Indeed, Smallsy. :) Good luck in the last game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, pretty much gifted Westside two... embarrassing really. No way, IMO we should have given up even 1 goal. Poor, poor effort on our part after I though we were cruising at the half being 2-1 up.

Shoc-king...

Sorry Burnsie.

Bastards............thanks a lot Thriller Miller. :mad:

;) :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo 2 Sapperton 0

We finally won a game which we deserved to win........if that makes any sense.

Sapperton offered very little in terms of attack despite the necessity to win the game. We should have been up at the half but we weren't....the second half Sahil(16 year-old) tore a new arse hole in the Sapperton defense. He could have scored a hat-trick but Cory made some great stops on him. Sahil set up Dave Samra for the first and he finished the second himself after an amazing first touch just inside the center circle......from a goalie punt. :) The kid is a treat to watch and coach. He hasn't missed a session over the last 4 weeks. Hopefully we can get him for the Imperial Cup........:D Wishful thinking....

Overall, a GREAT performance by the boys today considering we knew we were officially relegated. It is a tough pill to swallow especially when looking back at the season because we really feel we deserved better. I suppose most teams feel that way in this situation but hopefully today's performance can propel us to a good Imperial Cup run. First up.......Primo next weekend.

jackturner

Feb 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
good effort by Indo , just unlucky last few games very close games , keep it up like that and you"ll be the team to be promoted next season , good luck in the imperial!

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS,

I hate to say it but I don't think it's luck but rather ability. Having played in the league for many years I can say that most premier games ARE decided by 1 goal. Last years team that was relegated (ST) was also "unlucky" and lost by what were largely one goal games. When it happens 2 years on the trot it might be more than just luck.

The numbers don't lie. Compared to last year:

Goals for: Worse
Goals against: Same
Teams beat this year: Sapp, Metro Ford, Norvan
Teams beat last year: Sapp, Metro Ford, Indo-Akal

This year the team also finished with the worst point total whereas last year it was Olympics who held that distinction.

Further, this year's team had "name" players, i.e. Morris, Smiley, Drew and the 16 yr old kid, that last year's team didn't have.

I hope the team sticks together to fight for promotion as I think they have it in them.

As a long time Indo guy I hope this isn't the final chapter.

Any insight into what's going to happen next year Oh Capeeeetan?:eek:

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be interesting to see which players stay with their team once they get relegated..Are they true team players - or something else...

Let's just wait and see.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS,

I hate to say it but I don't think it's luck but rather ability. Having played in the league for many years I can say that most premier games ARE decided by 1 goal. Last years team that was relegated (ST) was also "unlucky" and lost by what were largely one goal games. When it happens 2 years on the trot it might be more than just luck.

The numbers don't lie. Compared to last year:

Goals for: Worse
Goals against: Same
Teams beat this year: Sapp, Metro Ford, Norvan
Teams beat last year: Sapp, Metro Ford, Indo-Akal

This year the team also finished with the worst point total whereas last year it was Olympics who held that distinction.

Further, this year's team had "name" players, i.e. Morris, Smiley, Drew and the 16 yr old kid, that last year's team didn't have.

I hope the team sticks together to fight for promotion as I think they have it in them.

As a long time Indo guy I hope this isn't the final chapter.

Any insight into what's going to happen next year Oh Capeeeetan?:eek:

Good points, Scoopy. However, when I look at the team over the last 7 or 8 games of the season, we are capable of beating anybody. As for 'name' players, there are a lot of them in this league who are overrated. We did struggle early in the year with quality at times.......that can't be denied, but after talking to guys involved last year, there were a lot more things this year that lead me to say we were unlucky at times. One example is Westside being able to play AFC when they were shite and earning 3 points, they MAY not have earned. No sour grapes here though because at the end of the day, we didn't win and draw enough games to stay up. It has been a struggle for Indo and Sikh Temple over the last few years. Perhaps stability with the players from the start of the season and stability in coaching might help the boys get back to premier where I feel, at least from watching every team this year, ICST belong. I really HOPE the key core players stick together and there will be some changes. That I'm sure of.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, Scoopy, it could be worse..........you could be married with kids and making prank calls for a living to teams you've never played for because you're one deluded fcuk who has nothing better to do in your life. Now that is sad.....

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear ya CS. Good point about the Westside/AFC game. I hope the core guys stay as well.

I heard about the prank call thing. Pretty sad.

Rally the troops for the Imperial Cup.

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yo, Burnsie! Who the fcuk were those chumps in the corner drinking indian tea, watching the indo-sapp game?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yo, Burnsie! Who the fcuk were those chumps in the corner drinking indian tea, watching the indo-sapp game?

G-spot........I didn't notice them. I'm guessing they weren't noticing :confused:

Scoopy, we'll definitely have a go during the Imperial Cup. Hopefully last night's result will help us win 3 games in a row in the Cup......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0