Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - March & April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Feb 06'

Westside Rino vs Columbus-Clan FC 4-2
Sporting Club vs Indo-Akal FC 3-2

Interesting... Westside is still alive.

I hear next week is league games only so all Imperial games are put on hold.

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - March 06'

well nobody is giving any reviews from the weekend so ill get this thread going.
sundays game between sporting and indo was the game of ugly goals on the even uglier pitch. both hastings field are absolute crap. we (sporting) played like we did last week to loose in the imperial cup. indo came out with more conviction and desire and created quite a few chances, finally capitalized off a long throw in the box that bounced around until one of the indo players put it past Brum from the top of the six. The half ended 1-0. we came out a little beter in the second and Matt was put in on a breakaway from half and slide it past Dider to tie it up. indo took the lead again on a similar goal to the first. this one off a freekick that was knocked down for a scramble in the box and eventully finished. we decided we were gonna play after that and started to put them under pressure. we hit the post off a low cross through the box, then Dider hurt his leg on a goal kick forcing one of their regulars players to play goalie in a quality keepers hoodie:D but did make a few great stops in close (i'll give him credit he played well... good job). Griff tied the game for us after two attempted clearences by indo defenders were shanked to sporting players who would have been offside and eventually Griffey picked up the ball on the right side of the box beat two or three players, fell a few times then slide it by the keeper short side. we put more pressure on them and took the decisive goal late in the game when a ball played into the box was shanked off the shine of a defender and into the net. so all in all we got the win to put us in provincials :wa:
well on to croatia this weekend

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rosie11 said:
Griff tied the game for us after two attempted clearences by indo defenders were shanked to sporting players who would have been offside. We put more pressure on them and took the decisive goal late in the game when a ball played into the box was shanked off the shine of a defender and into the net.

Did you say shank you to Indo for the win?

Ah, sorry, couldn't resist.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone know what the final score was in the Sapperton/Metro Ford game yesterday?

When I left early in the 2nd it was still 1:0 Sapperton.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks. It was a hell of a hard hitting game. Some great tackles in the first half.

Look for pics later.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sap 2 - Wolves 0

It was a hard-hitting 60 minutes. The 2nd half calmed down a lot. Sap showed a lot of emotion and were rewarded with a great passing play with Luke Hogan and Ted Ullrich and finished with the goal by Colin Phillips.

Ryan McNabb came on in the 2nd half, challenged the keeper for a 50/50 ball, won the tackle, and hammered home the insurance marker in extra time.

Cory Breure made an absolute awesome save in the 75th off of ex-Sap Emilio Boogereteri:) to preserve the lead.

I know both teams had nothing to play for - especially the Wolves - but Sap's play has been struggling lately and this was a huge confidence boost for us.

Note: WAB started his 1st game in defense for the 1st time since 2003 - 2004 season. Coach might just keep me there (hope, hope...), but the desision is his.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Out on the turf this aft it was ICSF Inter 2 and Westside Rinos 1. WS went up 1-0 early and it could have been 2 as inter seemed a bit disinterested. In the second half though, it looked like Westside decided to sit back and defend, and that cost them. With the game tied 1-1 with about 20 to go I guess the Westside centerback said something nasty to the referee, and WS were down to 10 men, with Inter scoring the winner with about 10 to go. A good fast paced game though.

There were some "scouts" from Italy there who I am told were having a look at #4 on Inter...

Watched a bit of the Surrey Pegasus/Columbus game after that and it was 2-0 for Columbus about an hour in when I left. If SFC buys a Premier spot next year they are going to have to find a lot more than the 2 or so Premier level players they fielded today I think. Reeder's son was playing on the right flank, boy does that make one feel old.:(

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter - Westside

Key moments of the game:
1. Westside's missed breakaway in the 15 min
2. Westside's missed breakaway in the 60th min.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapperton Rovers vs Firefighters 0-1
Firetown edged out Sapp it would seem.

I hear if Croatia beat Sporting tomorrow they'll make the BC's. (8th spot)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Croatia 1 Sporting 1

They went down a man with about 25 min to go. They then scored 10 min later. We scored with about 5 min to go. Game ended in a tie. We had plenty of chances, they had plenty of chances. We hit a post/cross bar early on off an AK free kick about 25 yards out.

Norvan 2 WestVan 1

Now just wait till next week and see how the game goes between Norvan and Westside.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WV 0 Norvan 2

Caught the West Van/Norvan game. Norvan scored in the last play of the game to seal the victory. West Van looked good early but their lack of fitness proved to be their downfall. WV had tones of possession but nothing to show for it. Saying that, they still could've snatched a point as they either came close or the Norvan goalie saved the day - on more than one occassion.
-Daily and Shorty were excellent. The rest of the team struggled. It looked like a lot of the guys were playing injured.
-Norvan are not a very good footy team - no skill what so ever. Its amazing they still have a chance at provincials. Playing on the weaker side B probably helped. The fact they are young/fit and survivied their first year in Premier will bode well - the experience gained will prove to be very valuable.

Sandman

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BJB said:
Croatia 1 Sporting 1

They went down a man with about 25 min to go. They then scored 10 min later. We scored with about 5 min to go. Game ended in a tie. We had plenty of chances, they had plenty of chances. We hit a post/cross bar early on off an AK free kick about 25 yards out.

Norvan 2 WestVan 1

Now just wait till next week and see how the game goes between Norvan and Westside.

I agree with BJB that this game could have gone either way with both teams having plenty of chances.

We went down a man thanks to Rene not talking to his assistant on a blatant push in back in the box from a Croatia player on R. Dormer. R. Dormer then retaliates and receives a red card. I asked Rene after the game why the Croatian player never received anything and his statement exactly was “it was a retaliation”.

My point is if it was retaliation then would there not have to be an incident that should have been called previous. Umm....

My view only but not impressed with that decision.

Cheers
JB

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sandman said:
WV 0 Norvan 2

Caught the West Van/Norvan game. Norvan scored in the last play of the game to seal the victory. West Van looked good early but their lack of fitness proved to be their downfall. WV had tones of possession but nothing to show for it. Saying that, they still could've snatched a point as they either came close or the Norvan goalie saved the day - on more than one occassion.
-Daily and Shorty were excellent. The rest of the team struggled. It looked like a lot of the guys were playing injured.
-Norvan are not a very good footy team - no skill what so ever. Its amazing they still have a chance at provincials. Playing on the weaker side B probably helped. The fact they are young/fit and survivied their first year in Premier will bode well - the experience gained will prove to be very valuable.

Sandman

I heard that from some pretty close to the brain trust :cool: Norvans today that they are not interested in competing for a BC spot and may tank against Westside. I am pretty sure a club of this stature's alum (Bro, Besty, Slee, Dailly, Doddy etc) would be fairly disappointed if things have come to that...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 0 - Firemen 1

Good intense game, but the tight field (only 64 yards wide!) made for some scrappy play.
Firemen scored on some Sapp miscommunication and some Firemen hard work in the 65th min. A chip from 18 yards out proved the difference.

Sap and Clanbus for 2nd on Side B in 2 weeks time.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Any TTP'ers going to be at the Norvan/Westside game tonite??

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Byrne? I thought it was at Port Moody Turf? No go in that case... :D

Hmmm... it's a Div 1 game at PM Turf I was thinking of... see ya there Smallsy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0