Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
November results and banter here...

1 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" - 20
2 ICSF Inter "A" - 15
3 Firefighters "A" - 13
4 Sporting Club "A" - 10
5 Indo-Akal FC "A" - 3
6 West Van FC "A" - 3
7 Westside Rino "A" - 3

1 Surrey United "A" - 19
2 Sapperton Rovers "A" - 17
3 Columbus-Clan FC "A" - 14
4 Burnaby Canadians "A" - 9
5 Norvan Eagles - 7
6 AFC Leopards "A" - 7
7 Croatia SC "A" - 5

lp79

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In Response to Metro Ford doing so well I can say for sure that they made 2 key pickups this year in Emilio Bottiglieri and Russel Huggon both ex Hibs players who definetely know how to compete and play at a top level. Had they both ended up at Sap, sap really would have been a powerhouse. Emilio was a big part of the sap team last year and will definetely be one of the top players in the years to come as he makes a name for himself in the VMSL...(as long as he can keep his weight down)
This weekends matchup with Sap vs Metro Ford will be a good one...Have to go with SAP...gotta love that SAP.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think if Sap kept M, got the new guy, AND lp79 decided to come back for another year instead of retiring early, then Sap would be a real powerhouse. Well there is always next year.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems to be some great thinking going on again at the VMSL head office. The league has put us on double headers for the next two weekends, and without notice as our players and staff seemed to be suprised about the switch of games and venues. I think it might be a little early to panic about getting in all the games considering we are only 7 weeks in but what do I know. This makes me wonder if the vmsl had anything to do with running the national tournament this year in alberta.

My two cents
JB

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bby Canadians 0-3 Norvan

Only caught the 2nd half and all 3 goals came in the 1st. :mad:
Anyways from what I saw, apart from M Masi getting a straight red early in the 2nd, Norvan looked comfortable for the first 20 or so just sitting on the lead and making Bby chase. Bby's keeper did have to come up with one fine save to deny #6. Bby never really tested Norvan's keeper at all in the 2nd, though they should've had 3 or 4 of their own if it wasn't for some horrible finishing in front with many missing the target. Mauricio still fails to impress me, but Burnaby really did their best to embarass themselves with so much verbal crap from the sidelines. Denny, when you've had enough, give your cousin a shout ;)
All in all there were 2 solid div 1 teams, or 2 below par premier teams on display. In future, I think I'll give that fixture a miss.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slurrey 1 - Croatia 0

Took in the 2nd half, and both teams looked terrible, not much play from either team, other than a long ball forward. Surrey scored mid-way through the second when one of their young kids took a ball off his chest and then crossed it to a sliding SU player on the line. Slurrey wee man took a bad red late in the game, with Matt Mori later ripping a free kick off the post, but all in all not too much here. Good to see the boys, but hate to say, that is one of the weakest Slurrey United right backs I have seen in a long time, well since Knowone was playing anyway.

Thanks for the pints Croatia.

hos

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You forgot to mention the Surrey Officiating Crew!! What a bunch of retards they sent out to the game today!!! Oh well what can you do.

Nice to see HOS out there today. I appologize for calling you a lazy city worker. :D

Player of the game: Matt Mori

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats not the WORST thing you could call a Union Member, hey Captain? ;)

But that is all in the past, isn't it.

Good to see some of the old boys yesterday, too bad I couldn't have stayed longer.

Millar was on fire in the back, him and Bronco matched up well, beside each other.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Player of the game: Matt Mori
You're kidding right?

I thought Doc did a good job but I'm sure you're referring to the "offside" that subsequently led to the goal. I didn't see it and obviously neither did the lino so you'll have to deal with it. You probably got the call right though, your seat at half way line must have been a much better vantage point than his at the top of the 6 :rolleyes:

I can't see how Croatia only has 1 win if they play like that every week. Hard battles out there all over the park didn't produce much in the way of pretty soccer I'm afraid. At least it wasn't cold and wet.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I thought Doc did a good job but I'm sure you're referring to the "offside" that subsequently led to the goal. I didn't see it and obviously neither did the lino so you'll have to deal with it. You probably got the call right though, your seat at half way line must have been a much better vantage point than his at the top of the 6 :rolleyes:

If Doc was the ref he did a horrible job, and both his linesmen were horrible too. U remember the backpass call that he made?? he even admitted later that he made a mistake, but still called it. Other than the red given in the last 5 min to the one surrey player, Surrey was getting all the calls. It was funny a few of our fans started calling the ref, renae/mauricio!! All in all, a good battle between both teams.

As for Matt being player of the game. First of i don't know any of your teams namess other than yourself and Miller. and i thought both played like crap! :eek: jk

HOS,

Solidarity Brother!! :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see MF beat up on Indo... and only three other games still on this weekend the biggest being the early (possible) 'relegation' match on side B with AFC and Croatia.

Metro-Ford Wolves vs Indo-Akal FC - 4-1

Sporting Club vs Firefighters
Byrne Creek School - Fri/8.00pm

West Van FC vs Burnaby Canadians
Ambleside Turf - Sat/4.00pm

AFC Leopards vs Croatia SC
Bby. Lake West # 3 - Sun/3.00pm

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I see MF beat up on Indo... and only three other games still on this weekend the biggest being the early (possible) 'relegation' match on side B with AFC and Croatia.

Metro-Ford Wolves vs Indo-Akal FC - 4-1

Sporting Club vs Firefighters
Byrne Creek School - Fri/8.00pm

West Van FC vs Burnaby Canadians
Ambleside Turf - Sat/4.00pm

AFC Leopards vs Croatia SC
Bby. Lake West # 3 - Sun/3.00pm
I guess john price is doing something rite up the hill,Are mf good or is the league gone down hill

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
League is still status quoe... MF is a solid side JP and BM must be doing something right.

Sporting and Firetown went 2-2 and so did BBY and the Trollups.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 2, Bby 2. Bby came back twice to tie this one, but WV should have put it away in the 1st 15. The Burnaby keeper made several outstanding saves, most of them off of Jinky, and was helped by his bar on at least two occasions. They came back and tied it with 10 men though after a not too bright Bby player was sent off by Walks after a serious brain cramp: already on a yellow, the kid scores a goal against the run of play and proceeds to disrobe in his celebration, hence the second yellow and subsequent red.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks as though Sporting and AFC are playing a late night game on december 10, 8pm at adanac park? When did adanac get lights and I thought that the field has been closed for 4 consecutive weeks now. This all from the excellent site:rolleyes:.

Cheers
JB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 2 Westside 0. We were poor in the first half better the second. Of the 12 players Westside had out I knew Boban. It's a very different Westside team from even last year...the rest must have come from UBC. A first for me was seeing a "Preimer" keeper who couldn't kick a ball 40 yards. Even Smiles can toe bash one up to center.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 4 Sporting 1

Good game by Inter last night. We were up 2-0 at half. In the second half Sporting got one back before we took over the scored the remaining two goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0