Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 2 Indo 2 out in Richmond. Nico was sent off by the ref for 2 yellows for pointing out to him that he had missed him being cleated cleating by being out of position. lookin for cameras or something. Two of probably at least a dozen cards this day ( I thought it was a fluke a couple weeks ago when he flashed 9 against us vs Columbus it the old boyz match..apparently it wasn't...)

Sooo annoying.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 3- 0 Westside

All I know is that after the game Rino rewarded the lads with a half dozen pizza's for the loss..........which explains a lot about why Smally wouldn't return to RUFC :D

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WEST VAN 2 INDO/AKAL 2

A fair result on the day. West Van scored first on a nice build up. Carlito scored two midway through the second half to give us our first lead of the season. However, West Van restored parity soon after. "Ice"berg did get sent off with about 15 left, but it was West Van that had the best chance to take all 3 points, but thankfully for us, Jinky uncharacteristically missed a sitter (home field turf). The battle at the bottom continues next week against Westside.

Gilly

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter are counting on future roster additions (Corazza and 2 more) to move up in the standings and hopefully catch Metro Ford. MF need to drop points against weaker teams for Inter to make-up ground. On the BSide, Surrey's lead seems insurmountable, even if Columbus brings back a bunch of NCAA players like last year because Surrey is looking at adding 4 players from the national champion Douglas College team, including Cam Wilson.
The relegation battles are more interesting this year.
Word out of Germany is that Ive Sulentic is only playing 5-10 minutes per game for the St. Paul team.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 3 Clan-Bus 2

Hastings bowl should be closed or the VMSL needs to allow 12 inch spikes and not the kind Notty wears on fetish night either. Surrey lead 2-1 at half before a second yellow about 4 minutes into it was issued to Dobbin, which made things pretty interesting. Clan scored with-in 5 minutes of the red and went all hands on deck looking for the winner. A defensive brain cramp cost them though after a long throw in, a flick and a square ball later young Harp was in on a break away to give us a 3-2 lead with about a bakers dozen left.

sloppy pitch but a decent effort by both sides.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo/Akal 2 Westside 1

A hard, fought battle out at Hillcrest this afternoon. Two teams at the bottom of Premier "A", both looking for something positive to build on. A scoreless first half with both teams having a few chances. We scored first on a Shokar header, Westside equalized, and we (Shokar again) scored the winner with about 5-7 minutes remaining. Immediately following the goal, Boban was ejected, for what I'm guessing was referee desent (sp?). We held on for the remaining few minutes and the win.

A great team effort to hopefully turn our season around.

A few tidbits:

a. Deblasio was red carded at the end of the game.
b. Westside will improve vastly in the next few weeks. Today, they had Luke, Jon P, JC, Deblasio, Reems, and Glanville out. It appears all their UBC and SFU players are back.
c. Jose (our CAT goalie) came in for D in the 2nd half and held his own.

Onto Norvan next week (maybe?!?!)

Gilly

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 4 - Bby 0

Well, as predicted, it looks like the wheels are coming off at Bby. No score at half and Masi tears a strip of F-bombs off the ref - Red card. I have never seen a team fold tent like Bby in the 2nd half. You can blame this on their coaching; instead of focusing his team for the 2nd half, he allowed the team to continue blaming the ref for their brain cramp. They might as well forfeited the game. BTW, Masi will get 4 games for this one.

Luke Hogan with another beaut in the 47th. Mike Favs with a mis-hit cross into the far top corner in the 55th, Kent Weachter with a nice header in the 70th, Luke again with a "he-makes-it-look-way-too-easy" volley from 30 out in the 75th. We played most of our reseves and were on cruise control the entire 2nd half.

All this after an entertaining first half that saw Bby hit the underside of the cross bar in the 10th min. Bby plays aggressively and is well-suited for 1980s and 90s VMSL soccer. But these days it's about skill and speed and besides Gordie Bby lacks or doesn't play that way. But will the attitude change at the top and filter down to the very capable players? I highly doubt it. It's very unfortunate for some of the decently talented bunch.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Surrey 3 Clan-Bus 2

Hastings bowl should be closed or the VMSL needs to allow 12 inch spikes and not the kind Notty wears on fetish night either. Surrey lead 2-1 at half before a second yellow about 4 minutes into it was issued to Dobbin, which made things pretty interesting. Clan scored with-in 5 minutes of the red and went all hands on deck looking for the winner. A defensive brain cramp cost them though after a long throw in, a flick and a square ball later young Harp was in on a break away to give us a 3-2 lead with about a bakers dozen left.

sloppy pitch but a decent effort by both sides.
Harp is an amazing young player and I can tell you that our club has quite a few more in the mix. May have to wait a couple of years but they're here.

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All this after an entertaining first half that saw Bby hit the underside of the cross bar in the 10th min. Bby plays aggressively and is well-suited for 1980s and 90s VMSL soccer. But these days it's about skill and speed and besides Gordie Bby lacks or doesn't play that way. But will the attitude change at the top and filter down to the very capable players? I highly doubt it.

I'm laughing at my desk right now, I cant beleive WAB used skill and speed, I guess thats why Sap hasnt won any titles lately :eek:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Spy said:
I'm laughing at my desk right now, I cant beleive WAB used skill and speed, I guess thats why Sap hasnt won any titles lately :eek:
I think they won first div & premier the next year (97)under Dave Corr,thats when sapp were Sapp
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0