Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
dacing bear you have to agree that we need to add some standards in to the league regarding facilities, uniforms and all.
the quality is fine. all the bcpl will do is take the shitty FVSL teams and make them half decent by a few players jumping ship to play bcpl.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
so your telling me the serbian white eagles,toronto croatia, italia shooters team in toronto would be just as succesful if it was run as a city club then an ethic club. these teams wouldnt exist and they would have a hard time finding other clubs to play in the league. so there is some success. i dont believe it should be at a national level but since we dont have the money to promote the leagues and the sponsors the best way we can do it is through our small local ethnic groups.

These teams wouldn't exist?? Of course they would and did. Toronto Croatia was a successful club in the CNSL, becoming the CPSL and then the CSL. They didn't decide to put a team together because of an international division in the CSL. Serbian White Eagles are the same....been around for a long time in the Hamilton District league. Italia Shooters are just Toronto Italia from back then.

This idea was tried in Ontario. The top 4 teams from a couple of different leagues....it lasted 2 years.

If there is hype about VISL teams playing VMSL playing FVSL, why not incorporate a separate cup competition?? The VMSL Premier would be down to 10 teams, so an extra few games shouldn't be an issue. Top 4 on a cut off date go into the random draw. We would have league, Imperial Cup, Provincials and a super duper BCPL cup competition??

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
dacing bear you have to agree that we need to add some standards in to the league regarding facilities, uniforms and all.
the quality is fine. all the bcpl will do is take the shitty FVSL teams and make them half decent by a few players jumping ship to play bcpl.

That is one thing I will ABSOLUTELY agree with. Changerooms should be mandatory.....it should start with that.
As for the ragtag gear. If the league imposed wee fines on clubs, that should take care of that. How a club presents themselves is important and should be up to the club but if they can't/won't, then the league could 'help' them with that.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
These teams wouldn't exist?? Of course they would and did. Toronto Croatia was a successful club in the CNSL, becoming the CPSL and then the CSL. They didn't decide to put a team together because of an international division in the CSL. Serbian White Eagles are the same....been around for a long time in the Hamilton District league. Italia Shooters are just Toronto Italia from back then.

This idea was tried in Ontario. The top 4 teams from a couple of different leagues....it lasted 2 years.

If there is hype about VISL teams playing VMSL playing FVSL, why not incorporate a separate cup competition?? The VMSL Premier would be down to 10 teams, so an extra few games shouldn't be an issue. Top 4 on a cut off date go into the random draw. We would have league, Imperial Cup, Provincials and a super duper BCPL cup competition??

i dont think you understood what i ment. I ment that if toronto croatia was a team called Toronto Reds for instance with 2-3 croatian players there is no way it would be successful. just look at Croatia SC for example. They used to have tons of croatian players and would have so many people at their games. over the years their youth sat on the bench and players who weren't croatian played. the players left to play for other teams or start their own teams in div 3 and their fans slowly started to leave. Now the team is near the bottom of the table, they got a half decent team in div 1 and a team in div 2 thats a top. what a waste. its the same thing with the 3-5 indian teams. you put them together into 1 or 2 no one would touch them in premier they would destroy every team. instead they get worse and worse and merge clubs together just to stop the clubs from falling apart. f*** politics.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems all of the supporters of this idea are not from the VMSL, or if they are, they are from teams that really have no chance to qualify.

DCR20

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie,

As far as westvan goes, we know this much....the top 4 Premier teams get in.....that's it!!! Other then that, we are in the fukcing dark! We don't know a fcuking thing! Nothing! I have had NO solid facts, communication, correspondence, notifications, calls, regarding this so-called new league. Not a fukcing one!!!

Once I do get notified, if I do. And if we do place in the top 4, then I will bring it to our players attention. Give them the facts and let them decide. What ever they want, I will back completely.

Until then, the League we are in right now, is top notch. And one, we are proud to be competing in.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plavsic to comment to improvment to your VMSL league. The league is self is ethnic as it gets. Just look at the names of the teams and go and see the games and you will see what is going on. Just look at Bosnia and Sarajevo, Both clubs in div two both lower level clubs folks split by politiac groups. Same goes with Croatia SC Portuguise or any other community. These guys do not care about your VMSL as the power league. FVSL is just as good it also serves the community and gives people a place to go onn the weekend. Same goes fo VISL. In orther to do what you think. First you have to have club stadiums. Then you form a club. We play on open fields all over the place. Each club has fifty supporters and that is all. VMSL head guy only cares that he can pay his yearly bills make money and run the league the best he can. Same goes for FVSL and VISL. It takes a group from the club to build the club. You have one team and that is all. With youth you can have five teams. That's where you get folks togeter and thing do happen. All you need is a colm leader with good plan. Bottom line it is all about money.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that there is no info about this BCPL anywhere. Why there isnt a website, or info on VMSL, FVSL, or VISL websites in beyond me. If you start this league out shite, it will only be shite.

The VMSL this year has to be one of the most competitive in years, if not ever. It does seem to be a shame that it will be rudely shaken up. After reading multiple pages on this topic, I also think the best way to go about it, is having the top FVSL, and VISL having a chance to gain promotion to the VMSL.

I do think its impossible to say the VMSL would not be more competitive with the likes of Gorge, and perhaps ACBC were to join. Gorge would be a title contender, and Im sure ACBC could hang around.

Hell change the name of the VMSL to the BCPL.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very optimistic.

Really? Gorge consistently contending for a title is optimistic??? I think it's realistic to expect the Island's best time year in, year out, would compete in the VMSL year in, year out.

Recent Provincial Cup Champions
2009 - West Vancouver FC
2008 - Gorge FC
2007 - Columbus Clan FC
2006 - Sapperton Rovers
2005 - Portueguese Sporting Club
2004 - Pegasus FC
2003 - Surrey United
2002 - Victoria Gorge
2001 - Victoria Gorge
2000 - Westside FC

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Berg... nothing optimistic about saying Gorge could/would compete in the VMSL. They've earned the respect by being BC champs 3 times in the last decade which is 2 times more than any other club in the VMSL.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that there is no info about this BCPL anywhere. Why there isnt a website, or info on VMSL, FVSL, or VISL websites in beyond me. If you start this league out shite, it will only be shite.

OK I'm being sucked in but only briefly! Sambol your being an ass! Have you met your Manager Greg Andrews? (I believe he's the guy with the bad moustache!) or ask Constable Todd, they were both at the BCPL meeting/s.

As everybody should do if they have questions regarding their league, call or e-mail them and ask the questions you have about this NEW venture, it's all there and was laid out to the FVSL Premier teams a long time ago.

We will be releasing website information once we have a few more items ironed out. Press Release before the end of the calendar year is the plan.:cool:

I am listed as the Spokesperson for the BCPL so if you have questions please call me @ our league office # 778-355-3875 it's a PUBLIC number.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the secret? Plenty of questions in the last 2 days on this VMSL thread, why not answer them here?

Or post the info on your website?

If you're the spokesperson for the super league, you're doing a lousy job of it so far :D

Seriously, not releasing any public info by this point gives the illusion that whatever planning went into this thing is not panning out. Sure teams may have approved of a 'concept' many moons ago but perhaps people now want to see RESULTS?

This super league is going to need some big time sponsors and in less than 6 months, you are going to want teams to fully commit w/o knowing how much they are going to be on the hook for?

I dunno man, I wish you the best but it's not looking good...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK I'm being sucked in but only briefly! Sambol your being an ass! Have you met your Manager Greg Andrews? (I believe he's the guy with the bad moustache!) or ask Constable Todd, they were both at the BCPL meeting/s.

As everybody should do if they have questions regarding their league, call or e-mail them and ask the questions you have about this NEW venture, it's all there and was laid out to the FVSL Premier teams a long time ago.

We will be releasing website information once we have a few more items ironed out. Press Release before the end of the calendar year is the plan.:cool:

I am listed as the Spokesperson for the BCPL so if you have questions please call me @ our league office # 778-355-3875 it's a PUBLIC number.

With an avatar like yours and you being the spokesperson.....the league is doomed. Unless you have Minty Murray running your books.......

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

So, full disclosure for the FVSL? In the VMSL we have yet to receive a straight answer. What we were told it would be at OUR organizational meeting was not what it was when voted upon at our AGM.

There are a lot of unanswered questions:

1. Who is funding this venture for the individual teams?
  2. How are provincial spots being handled?
  3. How will promotion/relegation work between the 3 leagues and the BCPL? We in the VMSL have been told not to worry because in a couple of years the poor teams from the valley and island will get relegated and the league will be mostly VMSL anyway. So why bother?
  4. Where will the games be played? Any standardization for facilities?
  5. Why are we gutting one competitive league to take one good team from the Island and 1-2 from the valley?
  6. What is the goal of the new league? -- player development? That was never the goal of our current leagues. Our leagues are the highest level of beer league in the province. Our players and coaches do what they do for the love of the game. No pay. Nothing more than that. We do not develop players. Developed players sometimes come back and play in our leagues, but that is because they do not have better options. I am still waiting to hear for that testimonial from a professional player "I owe it all to my time in the VMSL."
  7. In any decision like this you have to ask, who does it benefit? So, who wins?
One thing the FVSL has in common with the VMSL is the basic message that we should trust that this is the right thing.

The details should have been finalized before it was presented and voted upon.

Feel free to add to the list. I am sick of discussing it.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

:wa:

dont get me wrong, Im for the BCPL if details are ironed out and it is run professionaly, and I have heard a few of the details.

This is what I know.

4 VMSL, 3 FVSL, 3 VISL teams.

Relegation bottom 3 teams, and the winner of each sub league (VMSL, VISL, FVSL) gaining promotion.

Have heard nothing about funds, facilites, travel, or game days, provincial births.

Maybe another year is in order to get everything straight, proper sponserships, proper info (website).

Maybe I am being an ass....I just find it funny everytime I come onto the VMSL threads, nothing but the BCPL is being discussed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0