Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedrake

Mar 30, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
caught the columbus westside game. westside up 1-0 at half,a scoreline that flattered westside to say the least. westside gets 3 by the midway point of the 2nd and it was over. frazao has played nearly every minute of every game this year, just having a hard time finding the back of the net.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SRY 0 MF 3
SRY played well about 80% of the time. MF played better 100% of the time. MF keeper was flawless.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i just hope it holds up...columbus put in a protest that our black shorts and socks weren't sufficient change strip.:rolleyes:

as for the game. no doubt, we relied on team defending and countering which has paid dividends in recent weeks. goals were against the run of play...exactly as they were meant to be. 3rd and 4th goals were very well finished.

ref had fun with his yellows today (and a fairly harsh straight red). one yellow was for our left back losing his left boot but continuing into a tackle...wtf??:confused:

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dropped by the Peg vs Norvan game today. Peg is not Peg, it is a blend of various other teams. 2-2.

No kidding Peg is not Peg. FYI-Peg merged with ICST before last season and then we added a few players before this season. The majority of the team is made up of Peg and ICST players, although not everyone was there for you to see today. Is WVan still WVan? No, they are a blend of various other teams, perhaps more than any other team in the league, as they don't have more than 2 or 3 original Wvan players still with the team. A very high quality blend, but a blend nonetheless.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just sayin'...1 guy in the starting 11 that I saw from before. A couple familiar faces on the sidelines though.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just sayin' Reedie...1 guy in the starting 11 that I saw from before. A couple familiar faces on the sidelines though.

Ok but I don't really get what you are "just saying"? Peg has not been Peg for a long time. The ICST Peg roster has changed only somewhat from last year. Currently there are 6 former Peg players on the roster and 12 ICST players. There are 6 more players on the roster that have come from other clubs. There were 13 of the aforementioned 24 roster players at Confed Park today and one extra that came out of retirement so that we could have a goalkeeper. A very large thanks must go out to to him (Paul Sandhu), by the way.

Again, it is not unlike a former Wvan player like, for example, Kevin Colbow coming to the Wvan game on Friday night and exclaiming, "Wvan is not Wvan, they are a blend of various teams." What is your point Kevin? The irony is of course that Kevin now plays for a different club.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I am saying is that I have not seen you guys play in a while, and there were a lot of people playing today that I have not seen before, nothing more. It was a very innocent observation. Your team played a lot better in the second half, after the rainstorm. M.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I am saying is that I have not seen you guys play in a while, and there were a lot of people playing today that I have not seen before, nothing more. It was a very innocent observation. Your team played a lot better in the second half, after the rainstorm. M.

Well if you have not seen us in a long time then I guess I understand your point. The team has definitely changed since 2 years ago.

Anyway, I am not making any excuses. A tie was a fair result today and we could have easily lost that game. Full marks to Norvan.

I would say I'm shocked to see the other results today (Surrey losing 3-nil and Westside winning 4-1 over Columbus), but nothing surprises me in this league.Any team can beat another team on a given day, which I guess is good for the league and Willy Bettman. Too bad the league is undergoing major surgery at the end of the season.

Now that I think about it, Surrey isn't Surrey anymore and Westside sure isn't Westside.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Reedie I havent seen you guys play since I think the BCs two years ago at Ambleside, and I think that was pre-merger.

Where was Lav/#20 today?

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeah, SirM, Lavy is guarding the Olympic torch for the month of November! Currently in the Great White North.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie, did you lace them up today? :) If not, our Masters team would like to sign you. Cheers.

Captain, obviously you didn't hear that I have signed as a left back for acbc, ensuring my spot in the super league.

Mind you, acbc will not be acbc next year :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, obviously you didn't hear that I have signed as a left back for acbc, ensuring my spot in the super league.

Mind you, acbc will not be acbc next year :)

Why? Will they become ICSTACBC PEG? They will be in the Super League so it will give you and the boys a chance to play in the Super League. Whore yourselves out to the almighty league. That is what is all about isn't it?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
caught the columbus westside game. westside up 1-0 at half,a scoreline that flattered westside to say the least. westside gets 3 by the midway point of the 2nd and it was over.

Seems like the second half was a little more flattering for Westside . . . to say the least :cool:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL , probably true enough. But we will still be called Athletic Club BC.
For the record..The FVSL {2nd rate premier league} has had more than a few upsets too this year. Makeing things close there aswell. Teams are getting stronger (or weeker)all over the place.
Makes for a good race to the finnish.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2 Richmond 1

By the sounds of it........some questionable decisions........

Croatia were up 2 - 0 at the half.......some of the younger guys came in the second half and helped swing things a bit. Not a good result for our club at all. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0