Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Rumours 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@RL RCD ownership of a "spot" in VMSL goes to the person who is designated as "President" on their annual registration form. Full stop. The buck stops there. All the name change and club affiliation stuff is irrelevant.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL is better than VMSL... stick it.

on a serious note, no mention of Mr. Azzi becoming the interm President? Ruben apparently is in poor health

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we're all about to find out just how much work Ruben did (hint: it's a fcuking lot)

Him retiring is a big loss for the league, and I wish him all the best in life after the VMSL with a speedy return to good health.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
@RL RCD ownership of a "spot" in VMSL goes to the person who is designated as "President" on their annual registration form. Full stop. The buck stops there. All the name change and club affiliation stuff is irrelevant.

"The ownership of a "spot" in VMSL goes to the person who is designated as "President"..." Worse than I even thought! The league spot belongs to an individual whose name is listed as "President"!? Do I ready this correctly? Works for those individual teams but how that makes any sense when you put community clubs in that equation?

Did you maybe mean that it belongs to the President (as title) not to an individual (and if it is indeed assigned to the title then it belongs to the clubs); correct?
In this case, the club has President but the team which is part of the club cannot have President too (Manager yes, but President no) so such movements from a club to another club (and keeping the spot in certain leagues) should not be allowed.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you really have that much free time on your hands?

Think about this: if I have a team that I run, I can give myself whatever aggrandized title I want, including "emperor of the known universe." The ownership of a VMSL spot is tied to the name listed as primary contact for the team with that spot. If you are a club that only has one team, then that individual will frequently be chief cook and bottle washer for the team. It's not really that difficult to follow.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL is better than VMSL... stick it.

on a serious note, no mention of Mr. Azzi becoming the interm President? Ruben apparently is in poor health
WTF?!?!?

A speedy recovery to you Ruben!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sep 9, 2015

Dear VMSL members,

VMSL President Ruben Tremarco has retired from the VMSL due to health issues effective immediately.

We ask for everyone's patience as we work through the process of putting in place temporary and eventually permanent solutions to address the backfilling all of the work that Ruben performed, particularly game scheduling and website updating.

In the meantime, please direct all inquiries to William Azzi at wazzi@shaw.ca or by phone at the numbers listed on the website.

Thank you for your understanding,

The VMSL Board of Directors

salute

Jul 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow this is unbelievable about what are we talking here that only shows that we are a 3rd world country in this sport, from the top to the bottom and that corruption has really spread in this sport even on our level. Like some of you guys said it happens from time to time because the league does not have strict rules and even the rules that they have they are not enforcing because of fear not to lose money "oh we gonna let them do it this time, we do not want to lose at team". Everybody here thinks they deserve a spot in the highest level in our league but nobody really wants to do the work to get there. You forming a new club what is the case with Pacific, you have to start from the bottom because CCB club still exists and you have no connections to them, but no lets bend the rules again. Other teams to, if Pegasus is not anymore ICSC but FC its a new club and so much i hear now they do not have the backing of the Pegasus club, but they are still called Pegasus. Its no wonder that we are not going nowhere playing the old same game from year to year, your complaining and hoping for better but until we do not clean up our own house thats all thats gonna be in the future, complaining and hoping. Im not trying to blame here anybody because this is human nature to try and get the best for your own wherever you can get it, but this league needs strict enforced laws and then we can go further. If this is in the interest of the game if not then whatever.

cement shoes

Sep 11, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow this is unbelievable about what are we talking here that only shows that we are a 3rd world country in this sport, from the top to the bottom and that corruption has really spread in this sport even on our level. Like some of you guys said it happens from time to time because the league does not have strict rules and even the rules that they have they are not enforcing because of fear not to lose money "oh we gonna let them do it this time, we do not want to lose at team". Everybody here thinks they deserve a spot in the highest level in our league but nobody really wants to do the work to get there. You forming a new club what is the case with Pacific, you have to start from the bottom because CCB club still exists and you have no connections to them, but no lets bend the rules again. Other teams to, if Pegasus is not anymore ICSC but FC its a new club and so much i hear now they do not have the backing of the Pegasus club, but they are still called Pegasus. Its no wonder that we are not going nowhere playing the old same game from year to year, your complaining and hoping for better but until we do not clean up our own house thats all thats gonna be in the future, complaining and hoping. Im not trying to blame here anybody because this is human nature to try and get the best for your own wherever you can get it, but this league needs strict enforced laws and then we can go further. If this is in the interest of the game if not then whatever.

Salute - not sure if you read my earlier post. Pegasus has done nothing except remove ICST from the team name. It is still part of the Surrey FC program. In fact the purpose of dropping ICST was for the improvement of the club system and removing summer/ethnic/regional affiliations. The club recognized that such affiliations were a hinderance and simply calling the team Pegasus, which has been the Surrey FC Brand for the past many years and a brand that has been in existence for many years prior to Surrey FC would resonate better with the club's youth system.

The idea was simple - promote the club system and continue to modernize the club environment by removing individual one off affiliations. Isn't that what many are preaching here on this thread? So I'm not sure why bring Peg up in the negative for dropping the ICST name. I would believe many would think this would be a positive step forward.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
In addition to all his work with the league, Rubin was a great friend to Bowen Is. FC and has frequently gone the extra mile to help us with scheduling and field issues.

All the best for a speedy recovery Rubin!

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you really have that much free time on your hands?

Think about this: if I have a team that I run, I can give myself whatever aggrandized title I want, including "emperor of the known universe." The ownership of a VMSL spot is tied to the name listed as primary contact for the team with that spot. If you are a club that only has one team, then that individual will frequently be chief cook and bottle washer for the team. It's not really that difficult to follow.

Did not you read what I wrote? You simply CANNOT assign the ownership of VMSL spot to the President of a CLUB (like Metro Ford, Surrey United, etc.). Where is a logic in that? Think about it!

The spot logically should be assigned to either a club or a team (individual team not affiliated with any club). Once the team gets affiliated then the spot should belong to the club. That would prevent this non sense in which a newly formed team has immediately a spot in a Premier league (while others have to start in Division 3). That obviously does not bother you but that has been a hot topic among a lot of other soccer enthusiasts in Lower Mainland.

Re time: I have obviously as much time as you!

Cement shoes, I apologize if I said anything bad about Pegasus. I noticed that ICST was not part of the name while I mixed up Columbus' ICSF (in Division 1) with ICST and I sincerely apologize for that. Based on your explanation Pegasus FC has nothing with what I was referring to (Pacific United, a new club, getting a spot in Premier although CCB still exists - this is why I am trying to make a point that VMSL spots cannot be assigned to individuals who can then do whatever they like; logically those spots should be assigned to the clubs and some of this non sense would be gone).

cement shoes

Sep 11, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did not you read what I wrote? You simply CANNOT assign the ownership of VMSL spot to the President of a CLUB (like Metro Ford, Surrey United, etc.). Where is a logic in that? Think about it!

The spot logically should be assigned to either a club or a team (individual team not affiliated with any club). Once the team gets affiliated then the spot should belong to the club. That would prevent this non sense in which a newly formed team has immediately a spot in a Premier league (while others have to start in Division 3). That obviously does not bother you but that has been a hot topic among a lot of other soccer enthusiasts in Lower Mainland.

Re time: I have obviously as much time as you!

Cement shoes, I apologize if I said anything bad about Pegasus. I noticed that ICST was not part of the name while I mixed up Columbus' ICSF (in Division 1) with ICST and I sincerely apologize for that. Based on your explanation Pegasus FC has nothing with what I was referring to (Pacific United, a new club, getting a spot in Premier although CCB still exists - this is why I am trying to make a point that VMSL spots cannot be assigned to individuals who can then do whatever they like; logically those spots should be assigned to the clubs and some of this non sense would be gone).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at this week's schedule, looks like the league got some allotment times on Empire Fields finally... some Premier game doubleheaders would be great rather than Trillium, way more accessible from everywhere IMHO.

Cheers,

Regs.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all of that said, it seems like Serbian White Eagles in Div 2 changed its name to Burnaby Selects White Eagles. New name. Same/New ownership?? It is funny how many of these teams change their names but for the most part same players.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all of that said, it seems like Serbian White Eagles in Div 2 changed its name to Burnaby Selects White Eagles. New name. Same/New ownership?? It is funny how many of these teams change their names but for the most part same players.
Noticed that as I was going through the Pickem matchups - I would imagine it's now a different group, I mean, would Croatia change their name to East Van SC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0