Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wash your mouth out with soap

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting read over at the BCsoccerweb this morning...

Letter to the Editor:

I have for years now been a regular spectator at VMSL premier, first division and U21 games. At a recent VMSL game my wife and I were yet again subjected to streams of vulgar, foul and abusive language from players demonstrating a total disregard and lack of respect for the feelings, sensitivities, age or sex of spectators on the sidelines and other people in the vicinity. As has all too often been my experience, such behaviour was totally ignored by the officials with no repercussions for the guilty players or even mild reprimands. This kind of talk is offensive and degrading for the players, officials, spectators, the league and the wonderful game of soccer, apart from being contrary to the FIFA Laws (http://www.fifa.com/refs/laws_E.html) and BCSA rules. Why do our referees not clamp down on such behaviour and enforce the Laws of the Game? Why does the VMSL tolerate it? Have we as a society really sunk so low that nobody cares any more?

Richard Howes

At first I thought, what the fcuk is Gaffa on about now untill I noticed the slight change in the last name ;) It made me fcuking laugh...

Swearing is a part of any sport. Really, it fcuking is. Ever been to a fcuking hockey game? Those cnuts are 10 times fcuking worse than any of us shitty soccer players. And don't get me started about those cokcsuckers in the NBA...

My advice to people with views like Mr. Howes is to stick to watching youth soccer. I'm not saying that extreme outbursts are OK, but neither are they the norm as he is portraying them to be.

That is all.

Sinking lower by the hour,

~TB.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with Dick

Have you ever been to an Inter game...

We swear way too much.

It comes from every direction...players, on and off the field...coaches...

It is pretty bad.
Although I agree swearing and intimidation is a part of the game,toning it down a little wouldn;t hurt or affect the outcome of games.
It would keep fans coming, and the sponsors happy.
Most teams must remember they are representing the entire club as well as sponsors.

Just one persons thoughts

MacZaurrini

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the fcuk is this guy on about? If anything, we should make an effort to have more swearing during matches. And I'd like to see some new, creative words thrown around as well. I hardly ever hear "cnut" or "twat" anymore, and that's just sad. Too often we rely on "bitch" or "asshole", which are quality curses in their own right, but really, isn't creativity the key?

"Fcuk" is so overused nowadays that it's lost all meaning. That being said, I do encourage those who throw several curses together, like "ass fcuking shithead" - that's quality.

I'd also like to see more players incorporate mothers and/or close family members into their curses. This usually gets a better rise out of the opposition. Telling someone you fcuked their mom last night is a strong tactical move, which will reap rewards when the opponent is red-carded for bashing your face in with his elbow.

So, nuts to you, Mr. Howes. And Fcuk off as well.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Ritchie

Get bent you ass banging cokmaster!!! Go watch a chess match if you find people's competative nature is too much for your sour ass!!!

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
undecided

Personally, it only bothers me if I have my kids (1 and 3) at the game.

'Daddy, what's a shithead?'

Try explaining that to a 3 year old. :confused:

JIM NEIGHBORS

Apr 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NAHOMAAAAA!!!

i agree with the letter. al you italian cry babies, swearing at the ref, at players, fans, GROW UP!!! especially you you fckuin hippocrit regs you can't say anything on this website or you'll get cut off, but then you can say it everywhere else? in china we have a saying for hippocrits like you "goucia, suckseyaaaaa youaaa hiiit yyjhid fghsuhr haa lika nooogooooodaa verya verya bada manna" it means you say one thing and do another. give your head a shake, or maybe your calabreze so don't the rocks can cause more damage!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
yes, my thoughts exactly...

If you have a problem with the site or the way I represent myself here, you have a couple of choices.

1) PM me and we can discuss it
2) stop visiting the site
3) look around the site and see how others post
4) keep posting the crap you have and find yourself banned

Simple enough I think.

~TB.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with Richard on this one....but on the other hand it would make things less interesting on the best and worst slags thread...Fcuk I can't make up my fcukin mind about this fcukin cocsukin fcukin subject.....

get ear plugs for **** sakes!!!!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said, moderator.

However, I disagree with your take on swearing. I think it is pathetic the amount of swearing that takes place in a game. I am not sure where Guinness is getting his

Go watch a chess match if you find people's competative nature is too much for your sour ass!!!

shizer from. Being competetive should not and is not synonymous with swearing. When reffing in the Richmond League last summer(I have a Guatemalan ticket), I had a bystander come up to me after the game to ask me if there was anything I could do about the swearing in the game. He was practicing/playing with some mates on the field below at South Delta high school and couldn't help but notice the amount of swearing on the field. It was a summer league game to boot......Anyway, I took what he said seriously because there were a lot of kids around the field and they don't need to be subjected to this stuff any earlier than necessary.

I guess it is cool to swear when one plays, especially because it only happens when one cokcs up. That might explain all the swearing in the Italian League. :)

The Clean Captain who doesn't swear during soccer games.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just ban him and get it over with. You're too nice, Regs.

You also should have banned that cdkid a long time ago. TTP would have been better off...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Allow me to clarify what I meant in my piss-take response in the very first post in this thread...

I'm not in favour of the need swear at everything/everyone at the top of your lungs during a game. I have little respect for those that do. However, I see nothing wrong with a little f-bomb going off when getting stuck into a tackle and coming out the 'worse-for-wear'... it happens and I'm pretty sure every single one of us has done it.

~TB.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TWAT

sent thet twat to a CELTIC ---RANGER match

the cnut will propably hang himself:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it now a religious crusade?

Gaffa,

You're doing it again :mad:

From the bcsoccerweb.com:
Vic Bianchin. By Richard Howes, Soccer Fan. On bcsoccerweb.com Monday Vic Bianchin ranted about the Victoria round of the Women's Gold Cup - I tend to agree with his point of view. He also opined: "I’d rather watch the dysfunctional, foul mouthed Osbournes." Now if he finds the Osbournes foul mouthed, has he been to a Vancouver Metro Soccer League game recently? I attended two this past weekend as has been my wont this season. As I have discovered seems to be par for the course at such games, it was more than liberally peppered with some players swearing and cursing at full volume. They use the foullest most abusive language with constant repetition of synomyms for coitus and other bodily functions with absolutely no concern for the sensibilities of spectators or any sense of decency - and the referees let them get away with it. According to FIFA Laws of the Game, the sixth of seven sending-off offence is: "uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures". Then during half-time on Saturday I happened to pass by one team on the sidelines being vigorously harangued by their coach who seemed to think it served his purpose to use just one coitus synonym at least once or twice in every sentence. I know he has a reasonable command of English and does know alternative language. Why does he find it necessary to speak the way he does? Does he think this is the only kind of language his team understands? What does this say about the kind of people he has as players on his team - what a sorry state of affairs? Now I am no prude, I served many years in the military (not Canadian) and have heard and used my fair share of cursewords on occasion. However there is a time and place for such and a public soccer game is not such a place. Come on guys, is this kind of thing really necessary, how about exercising a bit of restraint - I know it's difficult when the going gets tough but is it doing the beautiful game any good? I think not. Frankly, I have stopped recommending my friends with young soccer playing children attend senior games as it is an embarrassment. I am beginning to wonder if I want to continue subjecting myself to such abuse either.
He's a quick one, isn't he? Said the same thing pretty much 7 months ago. Newsflash: it isn't just a VMSL specific thing so why are you specifically mentioning that league?
Now I am no prude, I served many years in the military (not Canadian) and have heard and used my fair share of cursewords on occasion.
Where did you serve your military duty? Kabul? You had no business listening in on the coach talking to his players. Foul language has always been a form of expression/communication in the sporting world at ALL levels.

~Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is this idiot!

I like the fact that he went to one game, wrote an article about how bad the swearing was, then, waited a few months, went to another one, and was still so offended with the language he decided to go to just one more game to be sure.
:rolleyes:
Probably took his kids to all 3 of them too!

Since the refs have cards maybe we should make up cards for the players.
They can have things on written on them like "**** You", or "You stupid ****sucker", or for the I League" Get off you ass you ****in' Diver".
That way anyone who isn't old enough to read won't hear anything we can jut flash the cards at each other.
:rolleyes:

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh dear...

He was listening to the half time team talk...mmm, I know which game he wasn't at...;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0