Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WC 2010 Qualifying draw

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently Canada won 7-1 tonight. Not to sure if that was the total goals for the two games or that was the score tonight.

Well done boys!

I believe the game is on Sportsnet at midnight.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently Canada won 7-1 tonight. Not to sure if that was the total goals for the two games or that was the score tonight.

Well done boys!

I believe the game is on Sportsnet at midnight.

That was the aggregate score. 4-1 tonight, 3-nil last week. Gerba with 4 goals, DeResario with 2... Rob Friend hurt in game one but should be back in the mix shortly. Radzinski looks like he shaved off a few years but has not managed to create anything.

FIFA.com - Compare Teams

Honduras is ranked about 37th, we should be moving up July 1st from the 60's to the 50's with some new fifa points..... anything is possible in the group stage as we have seen in the current Eurocup....amazing how a few goals or a draw here and there can change the tables.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, they are into the group stage now I believe.

Top 2 from each group move on to a final 6 group of which the top 3 make 2010 and the 4th gets a playoff with a South American team.

So in Canada's next group is:

Mexico
Honduras
Jamaica
Canada

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mexico
Honduras
Jamaica
Canada

Yeah, missed that it was group Stage I just did the math now.... hard to count Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3....lol

Tough Group, Canada is clearly ranked 3rd. Go Turkey Power!

Any Idea when the games will be played? Clearly its the battle of the Two Marijuana bottom dwellers vs the Cocainers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Match days are:

20 August 2008
6 September 2008
10 September 2008
11 October 2008
15 October 2008
19 November 2008

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Home and Away with each team in the group.

Tough getting the 1st, 3rd, and 4th ranked teams in CONCACAF in the same group.

It's all so the americans get in!:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada should be able to beat Honduras and the Reggae Boyz...

I will predict they finish second

Let's see if the CSA 'get it right' by playing these games in environs here in Canada that will suit our boys and not the opposition. (October/November games in Vancouver's pissing rain)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Canada stand a chance. They'll likely finish last in the group, but could squeek into 3rd. Mexico is clearly going through, and Canada is still light years away from being a contender in CONCACAF. Well 2014 in Brazil it is I guess.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I've read, the first game will be vs Jamaica in Toronto and the second game will be vs Honduras in Montreal.

The Impact have a home game on the same date as the first date so it is being played in TO.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a joke.

We all know the Jamaican population in Toronto...Why have the match there!?

Canada, on paper, should be able to win home and away against Jamaica, should lose home and away to Mexico and probably split against Honduras...if CONCACAF officiating doesn't screw the Canucks against Honduras again

When choosing where we play the home games with the fixture dates provided by CONCACAF the CSA should put the games in the least favorable cities for the opposition, our boys can play on grass or turf, in cold or hot, wet or dry etc...

And Bronco, how can you say Canada don't stand a chance? they just annihilated St Vincent, who beat Jamaica not long ago. Jamaica did not qualify for the Gold Cup...
Julian De Guzman could very well be the best player in CONCACAF period...Our Strikers seem to be scoring, whether it is Rob Friend, Ali Gerba, and getting good contribution from the midfield (De Rosario, Radzinski, and De Guzman)

The only thing suspect at the moment seems to be our backline's pace.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Bronco, how can you say Canada don't stand a chance?

....because Canada is a 3rd world soccer country and having said that, not even at the top of the heap as far as 3rd world soccer countries are concerned. Mexico and Honduras to go through. Should Canada by the grace of God somehow make it to the final round of qualifying, 6th place it is.

Where is the 2018 WC??? Fcyuk who are we kidding, 2022.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Montreal being out for that first game, where could the CSA schedule it?
St John, University of New Brunswick
Edmonton, Commonwealth
Vancouver, Swangard
Frikken Northwest Territories for all I care, just somewhere we can get a competitive advantage.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver would be just as bad as TO in terms of support I think.

Edmonton is probably earmarked for Mexico.

I'm onboard with an Atlantic province venue though.

I've read as well that the players are not in favour of a West Coast venue and considering the time of these fixtures, justifiably so.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
absolutely...they should be playing on the east coast and on the ocean in the Maritimes...

I could be wrong, and not trying to stereo-type or generalize here, but I'm not too sure of how many "Jamaicans" live in St John or other Maritime towns...

The Mexico game should definitely be played in Nunavut. ;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver would be just as bad as TO in terms of support I think.

How so? I went to our previous qualifiers vs Guat and honduras held in Vancouver a number of years ago, the Cap's stadium, albeit small, was sold out. I suppose 4000 some-odd seats doesn't qualify as "support" compared to the other venues... but that takes us right back to the waterfront stadium bs.

I agree with JBN... put the match where it works best for our players, and factor in travel from whereever they might be playing at the time (their pro-clubs)....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They can get a lot more than the 5-6k they get to Whitecaps games for a properly marketed and prepared game here in Vancouver (The U-20 World Cup showed us that)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk everyone and send them to Sooke. Let the Meatgrinder have a run through their dressing room.

Seriously though, it should be when we can use whatever we have to our advantage. Problem w/ TO is that they will get too much support, and maybe Vancouver as well.

Sait John is a great shout. Playing there in late October would be nasty.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game against Mexico is gonna be in Edmonton in October. That should help the Canadian team out, as the weather should be pretty cold by that time in Edmonton.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
....because Canada is a 3rd world soccer country and having said that, not even at the top of the heap as far as 3rd world soccer countries are concerned. Mexico and Honduras to go through. Should Canada by the grace of God somehow make it to the final round of qualifying, 6th place it is.

Where is the 2018 WC??? Fcyuk who are we kidding, 2022.

Bronco you are a third world country. :eek:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0