Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone throwing games so they don't get promoted to 1. Dynamo losing to a Surrey team that lost 5-0 to a div 4 team. Footy Conspiracy, or just 4 games in 7 days???

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Noticed there is no more scheduled games, nothing set for after Pres Cup/ this weekend. Also before, I could be wrong but when the one Div.2 squad folded they only had them folded as 20 games, which I know our team is at right now. With us having the final provincial spot, and I know we haven't played Celtic/ Sparta twice yet... but is season over for league games?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Noticed there is no more scheduled games, nothing set for after Pres Cup/ this weekend. Also before, I could be wrong but when the one Div.2 squad folded they only had them folded as 20 games, which I know our team is at right now. With us having the final provincial spot, and I know we haven't played Celtic/ Sparta twice yet... but is season over for league games?
The league double scheduled Dynamo so our game vs them Saturday has been taken off the schedule, we are no longer on the schedule, however according to our coach we play Vault at home Sat at 2, so who knows what's going on, dogs breakfast as usual.

BoldTurkey

Feb 19, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money

Same thing happened last year... FVSL site & Div 2 schedule built to accomodate less teams, leading to not all games appearing on the schedule. Everyone will have to play those 2 extra games; for example, us Dynamo will need to play the Red Devils & Razorbacks once more. C4L, there's no way the league could let you guys only get credit for one Coquitlam forfeit.

And to Gunners10: had we been sandbagging, we probably would have won. By that I mean absolutely nothing was going right that day. Full credit to Surrey, but fcuk me I was tired after having played the night before, and I know I wasn't the only one...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I completely understand having to get games in before a cup final, yes its the final and schedules for the day have been made. Regular season games do not need to made up in that time period. We all work and we all play, we don't need 3 games in a week, let alone back to back, this is not your youth jamboree. This is how people get injured and it effects teams who are going for promotion, provincial spots and even teams trying to avoid relegation. Who cares if the season goes an extra 3 weeks after cup? If you don't like having fields closed due to weather, why not move the league to summer, like every other province and then our teams won't be going cold into nationals either. Good riddance.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I completely understand having to get games in before a cup final, yes its the final and schedules for the day have been made. Regular season games do not need to made up in that time period. We all work and we all play, we don't need 3 games in a week, let alone back to back, this is not your youth jamboree. This is how people get injured and it effects teams who are going for promotion, provincial spots and even teams trying to avoid relegation. Who cares if the season goes an extra 3 weeks after cup? If you don't like having fields closed due to weather, why not move the league to summer, like every other province and then our teams won't be going cold into nationals either. Good riddance.

Can't have league play continue much after cup finals as leagues need to have their provincial teams submitted to bc soccer, therefore league games are just as important as the cup matches and need to get played before a certain date but only for teams that are concerned when it comes to provincial spots...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is good to know, thanks Jimmy. Still think they should push the season, maybe start the season in August, get more games in, or do the summer style, plus summer is so much better for weekend games and after game tailgaters.

Krazy_Mexy

Jan 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having Razorbacks stay up is worth atleast a keg.

I agree with you ZF. But this far no offers. I will take one from surrey right now if that means I have free beers.
The only upside of ha I g razorbacks relegated is that we could use them as call ups next year.
Comon razorbacks, come thru with a few cases of beer. That would give some meaning to our game

BoldTurkey

Feb 19, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't have league play continue much after cup finals as leagues need to have their provincial teams submitted to bc soccer, therefore league games are just as important as the cup matches and need to get played before a certain date but only for teams that are concerned when it comes to provincial spots...

Based on the standings & who qualifies for provincials (Top 4, excluding cup), the cut off for points would be 39. As in, that's the most points a team outside the Top 4 (Celtic & Milan) can possibly achieve. If any of the current Top 4 want to qualify for provincials, they need to get to at least 40 points.

Dynamo and Sparta are already there, so there's no real rush to have those games played, unless they're against teams trying to get in. For example, Dynamo still have the Red Devils; however, the Red Devils also have Port Moody, and a win or tie for the Devils would help narrow the whole thing.

Ultimately, yes, these games need to get done, but some games are definitely worth having completed more so than others.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
But how many games were actually cancelled due to weather? Teams should sort there shite out way earlier for make ups. I hear the same shat every year yet the same teams love missing a game here and there for stupid reasons thrughout the season but bitch when it bites them in the ass.....

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you ZF. But this far no offers. I will take one from surrey right now if that means I have free beers.
The only upside of ha I g razorbacks relegated is that we could use them as call ups next year.
Comon razorbacks, come thru with a few cases of beer. That would give some meaning to our game
I don't think they even care to stay up tbh, I wouldn't be overly shocked if they didn't field a team next season. And if they did I bet they would enjoy 3A more then 2 regardless.

BoldTurkey

Feb 19, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was at least 4 weeks cancelled due to weather. Also cup games ppd due to field closures.

We lost 2 games not due to weather, but because of the All Star weekend and the Preliminary Round of the Cup. All of a sudden, we had 2 games to make up because almost everyone else played on those weekends. These weren't planned events at the beginning of the season; just random things added in as the season progressed.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schedule is getting very confusing.

League now has us (ND Titans) down to go to Pitt Meadows next Friday to play the black knights when the schedule shows we already played them there once and they forfeit on Feb 7 on the return date.

The only game we have left to play is vs Sparta and that is still yet to show up on the schedule.

What's going on?

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey cascade. I know your home turf is grass,
I see were at Pitt turf? Just checking to make sure we're on turf as far as you know ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0