Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 3 MOTW & Banter

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TWU vs Razorbacks
Celtic vs FVRD
Dynamo vs BBY Metro
Delta 91's vs Black Knights
Temple
vs Sparta
CMF Titans vs CCB India

Razorbacks are off to a nice start and I see them continuing that against TWU
Never played vs FVRD before, I know a few guys on the team from university and from their past years with a good record, im sure it will be a good game.
Dynamo to win vs Burnaby, that's if Burnaby can even put a team together, for a team with 18 registered players I don't know why they forfeited week 1 or didn't have a game last week. Maybe NB10 can shed some light on whats going on here.
Delta 91's have had a rough start and I don't see it getting better with the Knights, Knights to win
Temple to take Sparta (I have no idea on what sprata looks like but ill go with temple)
Titans to walk through CCB, as I hear CCB is more of a div 3 team and struggles with numbers.

mjy9

Sep 9, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone have any news on BBY? Forfeit in week 1.. now just TBA for their game in week 2..

Celtic you guys should have a good game this Sat vs. FVRD, may try to make it out - good luck!

mjy9

Sep 9, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Razorbacks 4-2 TRU

Hard fought game, kudos to TRU for sticking in the game with only 11 guys all game.. Would have been a closer game if they had more players. We still have a lot to work on but solid test next week vs. SFC Temple

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 2- 0 Red Devils cascade with two. Our finishing needs a lot of work. Our keep and d did well to keep the ball out of the net. Fv gets a lot better w some subs. On to the rugby 11's next week vs the knights.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As Rabbit said we need to work on our finishing, few breakaways last week, few yesterday, the score could have been much more especially when FV pushed forward and we we're able to counter attack. We should have had a ok for a hand ball which the defender basically caught but what can you do really. 3 pts was key and that's what matters. Now to prep the ice baths for Saturday after a Friday night tilt with TBL and the 240 gordies.

G0R@

Sep 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps I can shed some light on the BMS situation. Burnaby forfeited week one as the manager was out of town. The second game was rescheduled by the league to give BMS some breathing room as they frantically try and field a respectable squad. This week may be a write off as well... They are relying heavily on their U21 team for call ups, and when they play on the same day, or roughly around the same time, things become a little sketchy for BMS as a whole. But for having the MOST successful boys youth club at the Select level over the past 10 years (Before the high price league was introduced, and even presently), I'm sure things will come together very soon. Always a treat to watch their youth players compete. Now if they can only have the same fluidity with their men's sides...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you sign up to compete in div 2, forfeit cause your missing a manager, ask the league to give you a grace period week2, rely heavily on call-ups from u21 and hang your hat on the most success boys youth clubs....sounds like a winning receipt. Are you guys called the "Ninja's"

#shouldbeatreattowatch

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you sign up to compete in div 2, forfeit cause your missing a manager, ask the league to give you a grace period week2, rely heavily on call-ups from u21 and hang your hat on the most success boys youth clubs....sounds like a winning receipt. Are you guys called the "Ninja's"

#shouldbeatreattowatch

To make matters worse, we were asked to play in Burnaby today instead of our scheduled home game...because otherwise they wouldn't field a team.

We accepted, just because we'd rather play each week than sit, but absolutely shocking that in week three someone has not sorted out their issues.

I would strongly suggest that no-body else make these types of concessions, as its definitely gives Burnaby an advantage only playing games when they can field a roster.... I wish I had not accepted the leagues request, but hopefully we can get the win tonight and its a moot point.

Sub.

mjy9

Sep 9, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow that is unbelievable. So I guess if anyone of us can't field a "good" team then we can just reschedule right? That's how it works now?!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well at least we got some sort of answer on the Burnaby situation, not a great one, but one none the less. Awfully sportsmen of you Sub, hopefully you can take a convincing 3 points off them for wasting your time and gas to head out there. I'm all for a better league and using the "club system" but relying on U21 teams ( strong or not strong) to make up your numbers is un acceptable when placed 2 divisions higher than you should be when you're starting out. Good thing this horse is dead cause it's taking a great beating.

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps I can shed some light on the BMS situation. Burnaby forfeited week one as the manager was out of town. The second game was rescheduled by the league to give BMS some breathing room as they frantically try and field a respectable squad. This week may be a write off as well... They are relying heavily on their U21 team for call ups, and when they play on the same day, or roughly around the same time, things become a little sketchy for BMS as a whole. But for having the MOST successful boys youth club at the Select level over the past 10 years (Before the high price league was introduced, and even presently), I'm sure things will come together very soon. Always a treat to watch their youth players compete. Now if they can only have the same fluidity with their men's sides...

Sort your shite out before you join the league. We're 3 weeks in and you've managed to fcuk around 3 teams. I hope the league keeps u long enough for us to play u

Also props to our manager who had a kid this weekend and we were still able to field a team

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 91's 3-1 Black Knights
Temple 4-5 Sparta
CMF Titans 6-0 CCB India
Dynamo 3-4 BBY Metro

Really looking forward to some game reports

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens