Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 5 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA 4 - EW 1

EW scored early off a header, but that was about the only highlight from EW's standpoint. CA carried the play and deserved the win. Tied 1-1 at half, first 20 minutes of 2nd half was all CA ... second goal was one of the best shots I've seen in ages.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA wont lose a game

Teelay,

I wouldn't have expected anything less from CA. They are stacked well in every position. I had the privlage of playing against them in pre season and they beat us pretty good (NK). I give them much credit and definitely see a promotion for them.

To the left a couple of letters, in group a, the top three managed wins today. Polska, Bosna, and Westside Knights are still unbeaten and PG Rangers B managed a win...I was hoping a tie. This thickens the plot for the much anticipated NK/UN game tomorrow. Man it's tight over here! A must win if the NK train will remain on track....you can count on it!

makingskepticsintobelievers.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA and EW
A fast paced and well played game by both teams. EW is a good young team that marks well and is organized at the back. I can't see them losing too many more games this year.
Teelay is bang on about the CA second goal...you usually only see goals like that on TV...it was a cracker from about 30 yards.
Looking forward to the Royals and our first grass game, unless it gets postponed. (That's for you Mickster :D )

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
critics silenced....I think so

This is the manager posting from watchers commadore vic 20 computer. Man he needs an upgrade...bad.

The Result: NK 6 1 United Nationals

It looks like the liberal 5 goal spread the manager predicted this week was accurate. Some didn't think we could do it. I did say NK 5, UN 0. However, it should have been 6-0 had it not been for the cateracts ridden ref who called a hand ball in our box from center. Unfortunatly he guessed the ball went off the watchers paw when actually it bounced off his midsection...he had the mark to proove it, trust me. Nevertheless, a penalty shot in the box was the only sniff UN had during the game, aside from one lucky shot that our ever so flexible keeper 'Hoover' managed to push over the crossbar from a lateral position in mid flight. It was one of those saves that you only see on high lite reel tapes. A well rounded performance from our NK band of warriors that left an under qualified UN team feeling frustrated and wondering if they should change sports. A favorable result to say the least.

The true challenge and target for NK lies in the week ahead when we face an undefeated Polska that looks sharp. Definitely one to build on.

makingskepticsintobeleivers.

manager

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Manager (aka Watcher, for now),

Good job! Now, be sure to let us know when you score against a team with a GAA below 5. ;)

I want to believe, but so far: don't. :D

-----------------------

On another field, I was very happy to see the last 15 of Club I v. the Mermaids at McBride. Thankfully, the hoops pulled even with 5 remaining to make it a 2-2 final. As a result, Lomas only managed to move 1 point up on the Rangers after they stunk it up against Rino's C the previous day.

Incidentally, aside from the actual quality of the turf, is McBride not the best park? I love the energy and environment there. Top quality.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeps,

McBride is a better park this year for sure. Still a bit dodgy down the middle though.

I don't know what it is about the park though, but you're right, it generates great atmosphere and I love playing there.

daz

one-eye

Sep 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday through one-eye

Well ttpers I hate to admit it but the manager was right. Not only that, he has too mauch class to toot his own horn but lets just say that he found the back of the net more than once.

Manager
An inspired performance Manager. I guess you had a lot on the line, spouting off like you did last week. Keep your comments to to a minimum in preparation for next weeks big game. We definately should not be over confident with this win.

Nice addition
We had some added strength up front which we will not be able to rely on next week.

Yomama
You had your chance in mid today but I don't think you even had so much as a sniff at goal I was expecting back of the net. None the less a very solid performance as per usual.

Iron Mike
Robbed on the off side call, looked to have bounced one in off "the boys".

Watcher
Keep your hands down buddy, now Hoover's streak is over. You have provided solid leadership out of the back we'll need a big game frome our gerneral next week.

the NK train
NK the team to beat, the team to watch.

One-eye
you haven't seen anything from him yet this year, still just trying to heal.

Overall
I'm feeling good about our progress in just a few games. The team is coming together, gelling on and off the field. We are only three to four signings away from beating CA. We will challenge them next time we meet but there has not been a team I've played against or seen yet this year in Div 2 that will beat them.

That was my soccer Sunday, until next time.

:wa:

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
one-eye

I wonder how many more we could have had if you had two good eyes...er..uhm...I mean hamstrings?? Good analysis anyways...aw shucks, I'm feeling flattered.

I see the goat-man's team had a victory...does this mean that the rumor you started will stay a rumor and not come to fruition?

overandout.

Keeper,

Have faith...you do have a point and this victory, although well deserved, was an easy win. I do know that the true test will come next week. Thanks for your desire to be a beleiver..... It's all coming together.

manager

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referee has a problem!!!!!

Well I finally kicked the manager out of my house . He's left me short on liqour, an empty fridge and a dog thats walking funny.
This Sunday a class act of a ref called antonio that has a turnip nose like a legion bum, not only gave away an imaginary penalty but reported our score to the league as 5-1 instead of 6-1. What a joke!!!!1 Where do they find these fcuking rejects? Now Polska is, in goals against, one ahead of us and we are not in double digits,in goals for. So actually, technically the NKers have a four game shutout streak going. Iron Mike "you're one of the good ones left" Looks like that may have some merit, from one point of view, especially after you're half time display. Oh well we strive to do better. But the conductor has asked you to be temporarily reseated in the coal car. All aboard for Krakow. choo choo.
PetrifiedPolesPester&PetitionPresidentforPostponement

iron mike

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher, Our conversation was discreet and well thought out. I was approaching you to discuss a matter that I thought was of importance to TEAM UNITY.
You should listen to what others say about irom mike as I am "one of the good guys"
Iron Mike was robbed of his first VMSL goal by a crooked referee.
Like the true poacher he is, Iron Mike calmly took the bounce and headed the ball off the near post leaving the keeper with no chance only to be called offside? Watcher, you think the call against you was bad, the true injustice of the day was the call against Iron Mike!!
Bang on with the Mr Issac nose comparison

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One-Eye said that Yomama never had a sniff? In fact, the chance that Yomama had can be defined as a snort. After pouncing on the ball like a fat kid on Smarties, Yomama was able to blast the ball with a left footed strike that would make even Davor Suker envious; unfortunately, the inability of Yomama to correctly steer the rocketing ball coupled with the fact that the moon was out of alignment with the earth resulted in a glorious save by the keeper (as he was able to catch a ball shot directly at his chest). If there is anyone that could make a keeper look good, it's Yomama.

One-Eye is right though about the result; it's nothing to write home about. The other team was not a good indicator of our progress. Polska this weekend will be the true test.

ps: the Watcher didn't hand ball on Sunday, but in defense of the referee, it's difficult to see where the Watcher's breasts finish and his arms begin(I had to throw that one in). The Watcher played a strong game that was only marred by the referee's blunder.

one-eye

Sep 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama!

I just picked myself up off the floor. The manager and I busted ourselves laughing over your last post. That was the humor boost we needed to get us through today. Right now the manager and I are desparately searching our sources for an appropriate visual to attach to your discription of the watcher.

Sooo watcher, watch out!

Stay tuned everyone this could get ugly... or at least saggy. Hey, does anyone know where we can buy our general a "bro"?

:wa:

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On abit of a roll

CH 2
Cougars 0

Cougars came out strong but could not generate too many chances. The first half end 0-0. We put one in in the first 5 minutes of the second and finished Richmond off 20 minutes later.
richmond is a fairly good team with good ball control. They do lack creatively and try the same through ball everytime. It is obvious that their lack of finish and a weak back line keeps them from winning games. Next week we face a tough team in EW. This should be a good test to see how well we are gelling.

Teelay,

You play for EW don't you? Come over after the game and have a brew. I'm the manager and also wear #3.

There were some strange scores this week

group 2b

Nomads 2 vs WU Sarajevo 2 - If I remember correctly, didn't WU move up from div3. They were shite then and unless they have new players, should still be shite. And the diving and whinning...annoying

NS Falcons 6 vs Alemania 1 - Did Alemania even show up?

group 2c

NS JB 0 vs WS C-men 0 - JB's are pretty quiet after this one

NS Primos 4 vs PG Strikers B 2 - I would have expected the Primos to win but for PG to score two goals...unexpected. Did the primos under estimate PG?

I had to post this long winded message 'cause I was getting tired of listening to the NK lovefest. Is extacy the prefer drug of choice on the NK team? Cummon everyone the game is about to start...it's team hug time.....Iron Mike, stop touching my ass... can't it wait until later...sorry manager you look so hot in those short shorts:wa:

OneRun

Aug 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBs are pretty quite

We were hoping that no one would notice the scoreline. Damn!

What can we say ... we started with eight players and didn't get to a full-team until half way through the first half. We had many, many scoring opportunities (we had at least 30 corner kicks) but couldn't find the back of the net .... actually we couldn't find the net at all.

After about 8 yellows and one red (that would be me ... calling the ref an 'effing idiot' after the game was finito ... who's the idiot now?) we were definitely interested in drowning our sorry asses in a little of the Beam.

It was good to see Hammer on the sideline .... now if he could only have gotten the PG girl fans to come out! Maybe we would have scored a goal .....

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All is quiet in the JimBeam camp...

This game should have see the JB's win by 3 or four but the lack of finishing was painful from my perspective between the pipes(Damn, back in net again). One on ones with the keeper squandered and two(count 'em) two headers that bounced in front of the goal and then over the crossbar.

To their credit the C-Men, once they found the park(Thank you Excellent Site for your up to date schedule...not) ran hard and were fairly organized on the backline. They are missing about 3 players and a midfield but they hung in there for the single point and did have some chances on goal. Their keeper made some excellent saves and would have to be considered Man'o'Match.

..Can't get enough of that suga' crisp....
-Suga' Bear-

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EW - CH

biteme,

Yeah, I should be there this weekend ... I'll be sure to introduce myself either with a tackle or otherwise ;)

Apparently the Primos didn't have their keeper out (injured), hence 2 goals got by the "back-up".

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama, Watcher, Iron Mike and the Manager:Are you guys double dating or what? I know that same sex marriages have been approved and all but I didn't think you'd take advantage of it so quickly! I am guessing the watcher needs some dental work so he's begged Yomama to put him on his dental plan as his common law, er, spouse. Am I invited to the wedding? I'll get you a Dennis Rodman Wedding Day Doll!!!

P.s. NSU 0 CMEN 0

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yopappa

Well its getting close to crunch time. Not suprisingly all the jealousy is coming out. What these fools wouldn't give to be on a class club such as NK. I knowwwwww. You're looking at the schedule and what do you see? NK on the verge. Verge of what you ask? Well, taking control of proceedings of course. Suuuuure this makes you green with envy. Who can blame you guys after all your futile banter. Seeing NK ascend to the top is like a kick in the groin. Just be happy if your lackluster clubs are not caught between the tracks when the almighty NK train rolls through the hood. Now if you would just stop and think rationally for a second, you would have to admit, that you also really love NK as much as we do maybe more. If you come clean and admit this NK will find a spot for you in the organization. We currently have openings for a linesman, beer guy & towel boy.

Headline for the rest of the year
Croats&CanadianComradesConquerCapitulatingCheeseheads inCatastophicClimacticContest.

PS. Yomamma, Watcher has a warriors physique. Test it at your own peril!!!

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biteme,

I'm all in favour of posting scores and how well the team did on the weekend. But you need to work on your reporting skills there and show a certain level of objectivity........

You guys were thoroughly outplayed on Sunday. The scoring chances were about 12-3 in favour of Richmond. So your claim that Richmond did not generate any scoring chances is totally off. Having said that, I do admit that the finishing of the Cougars was just bad. Plain and simple....Richmond didn't capitalize on their chances.

Otherwise congrats on the win.......just had to get that off my chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0