Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[West Coast League] Results & Banter - September/October/November/December 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [West Coast League] Results & Banter - September/October 2004

Craigo,

By ALL accounts you dominated the first half?! You did hit the bar early but by no means did you dominate anything in that game. I'm sorry but playing 8 games without a win is not just bad luck.

Nobody scored but we had the better and more numerous opportunities in both halves and I was there.

Peter

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter:

Taken stock of the financial situation, unfortunatamente, when you've got time to take trips like that, you don't have the dinero. Much as I'd like to have gone, I just can't swing it - Mrs. stew isn't supporting me financially in the manner to which I'd like to become accustomed. :rolleyes:

More scores:

Firefighters 2 PCOV 2
Columbus vs Club Inter ppd
Miloni 0 Celtic 0
Lobbans 2 Sapperton 1
PoCo Celtic 2 Lusos 3
Cracovia 2 Royals 5
SFU Utd 0 PAOK 2
Cliff Ave 1 Bulldogs 2
Spurs 0 Blues 1
Canterbury 0 Ajax 1
Lomas 3 Shooters 0
Covercrete 1 Van Utd. 0
Steaua 0 Olympiakos 3
Reds 0 Alemania 2
CAI 0 Immortals 3

beerz,

stew :cool:

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter, just to clarify, as I wasn't there. Did you have a shot on net the entire game? I was at the 1'st game that we played against you, curious as to if you thought that you had the better & more numerous opportunites in that one as well? Yeah , we are a little frustrated though. Hope that we meet in the League Cup or Provincials this year ( if we even qualify ). Need another chance at a win!!

Craig

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Craigo, you can read my report of what I thought of the first game in post-realtime by looking on page 1 of this thread. You guys were on your heels all game which is to be expected when you're down to 1 sub.

We weren't very effective at pulling the trigger on Sunday but we had numerous wide-open opportunites that were mistimed or shanked inside your 18.

Having said that, I didn't count the shots, and I know we didn't get a lot on net but ask your keeper if he was a bit concerned with the our chances throughout the game. I didn't notice before the game but he was pretty much white-haired by the end of it.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who won the Metro Ford vs Firemen game last night?

Metro Ford is facing relagation it seems.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

tied 1-1. Don't know who the goal scorers were.

Not looking too good for CraigO's bhoys.....

I'm sure there will be a few games cancelled this weekend - already heard that Sapp & PCOV is a no-go. Columbus & Miloni also off as Peter & Co. are down in Peru learning all about the joys of Pisco hangovers.... :rolleyes:

more beerz,

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Was a case of not finishing your dinner,as we could've been up by four goals at the 15min. mark but the iron and their keeper made some key saves.They opened the scoring on a partial breakaway (Johnny Vario). Second half was more the same as we tied the game on a Frank Fiddler breakaway.A good hard match,yellows given out to both teams,ME included.What's with the refs these days? Either they stand in the middle of the park and don't move or they're setting picks cause they can't get out of the way. Whatever,he didn't cause their goal,we did. Consistency would be nice.Well another week off as we're scheduled to play the boys in Peru. I guess fields will be closing left and right now due to the brilliant weather.

Cheers!

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scottyshell.

With not being there hard to comment, I did speak with my Bro and he pretty well agreed with your comments. He also figured should have been 2-3 nothing within the 1'st 15 minutes. He did say that we settled down a bit after that & also missed a few decent chances especially in the 2'nd half. Would be nice to have D.Norman, F.Yallop & A.Barnetson healthy again for our push to stay up. Maybe with field closures imminent, the break will give us the chance to regroup!!!!

Good luck the rest of the year!!

Craigo

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

scores:

Celtic 1 Firefighters 1
Sapp vs PCOV PPD
Columbus vs Miloni PPD
Club Inter 2 Lobbans 1
Bulldogs 3 PoCo Celtic 2
PAOK 1 SFU Royals 1
Cliff Ave 2 SFU Utd 1
Lusos 2 Cracovia 0
Blues 2 Meralomas 2
Shooters vs Covercrete no score reported
Canterbury 2 Spurs 0 (Fcuk, we're playing like a bunch of Dazzas.... :rolleyes: )
Van Utd vs Ajax PPD
Steaua vs Reds PPD
Immortals 3 Olys 2
CAI 0 Alemania 6

Cup games coming up in a couple of weeks....

need more beerz.....

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cheers Graigo,
Maybe you can get Davey N. to lose some weight there....I think he only played 15 mins.Good luck the rest of the year...hey look what Paddlewheeler/Sapp did last year.

Cheers!

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well we lost to Columbus 3-2 yesterday, another game another lose!!!! They were up 3-0 at half but had a player sent off at 40 minutes for a stupid retaliation from a hard but high tackle from Leitchy. There were so many scoring chances for both teams it could have been 10 - 10 draw! Well with only 4 games left we have to win them all to stay up. I know we haven't won yet but with our side we shouldn't be going down, what a brutal year so far. Need to turn things around real quick! Good luck to the rest of you & if you happen to play us this year, take it easy, lol.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stew,
No other scores from the weekend past?

Cheers!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stew can be found at your local AA meeting...

Other Scores:
Columbus 3 Metro-Ford
PCOV 3 Lobbans
Inter 2 Sapperton 0

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

correction:
Columbus 3 Metro-Ford 2
PCOV 3 Lobbans 0
Inter 2 Sapperton 0

White Knight

Sep 29, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hi Guys,

I'm kind of embarrassed to say that CAI in this West Coast Over Thirties league (http://www.wcotsl.com/) is my team Caribbean Allstars International. Since Sept 1 (the beginning of the Winter Season), we haven't won a game. I am hoping that eventually this team will get a winning stat in their record!

In the meantime, I think that I should start slipping Stew a few beers to misreport the scores a little...

Have a good time all the time. :wa: :confused:

Ian McIntyre
Unofficial Leader of CAI

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is this the Dana Murzyn loving Ian McIntyre or the chinaman-frightening realtor Ian D McIntyre?

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Metro-Ford vs Lobbans ppd
Columbus 1 Firefighters 2
PCOV 1 vs Inter 1
Sapperton 5 Westside Miloni 1

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

That a misprint...Sap 5 Miloni 1.......????? Did they leave some guys in Peru or what?

Cheers!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scotty:

Was too busy to post last week. Sounds like Pisco hangovers to me. Peter will probably blame it on "jetlag" :rolleyes: , but an unreliable source told me there were 3 own-goals :eek:

Stew can be found at your local AA meeting...

SCP Pot (should be Captain PissPot) meet Kettle..... :rolleyes:

WK can slip me all the beerz he wants; the scores ain't going to change unless his team changes them. There's going to need to be a lot of beer after that dancing banana.

Auntie Jinks:

Welcome back to our humble thread - wtf's with the crazy sig? Personally, I think anybody who loves Dana Murzyn belongs in a witless protection program; I'm picking door #2.

rest of the scores:

Bulldogs vs SFU Royals ppd
Lusos 0 SFU Utd. 1
Cliff Ave 3 PoCo Celtic 1
Cracovia 1 PAOK 0
Blues 5 Ajax 2
Shooters 1 Canterbury 5
Spurs 1 Van Utd. 3
Lomas vs Covercrete ppd

Cup

Steaua 1 CAI 2
Olys 0 Immortals 1 (default)

more fun next week...

beerz,

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No misprint...and only 2 OG's. They were full value for the win and we were puss. My weekend coaching stats were 2 losses, 3 GF, 10 GA, including a 10 man (15 year-old) squad on a Gibson's all-day road trip on Saturday.

Pisco Sours were to blame for the Sapp loss. That and the fact that we were looking for pocket change to hand out to Peruvian waifs when they applied the close checking on the Sapperton postage stamp of a field. The only time we had people that close on our trip was when we were getting mobbed by street urchins in Cusco.

We were due for a loss and they really needed the points so I guess it was meant to be. On to the league cup next week.

How was the win against Columbus, Scotty? We had you in our sites only to see you slip away over the hills...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0