Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

wfc vs untd

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lex

Someone should plant an umbro into Korndicks nuggets for scheduling these games. Time would be better spent watching the nucks in game 5 while hoisting pints. Westside should only be playing Town to pick up the point we need, and not wasting time with playing United.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I heard that RUFC beat Westside last night............I believe the score was 3-1 but can anyone confirm that?

I also have heard that there is one more game now to be played before the Champion can be declared............how stupid can this get??????:p

John

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So why did we have to play?

Yes, the Idiots (and I mean that in a renewed way) can thank the ref for handing them a 3-1 win. Two lame-call pk's were needed to beat us.

However, after much pre-game discussion, it seems that last night was a pre-emptive playoff game. That is, next week (or whenever Kornder schedules it) the Strangers play R-Town. A Strangers win will make yesterday's game is moot.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeps,

Thanks, I think........that clears things up:confused:

So who plays next week.......and will we be scheduld to play R Town right afterwards then, a double header maybe, :eek: that would seem only fair!

John

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you mean fair? It'll only be played because the ref never showed last summer (ie. we've only played them once so far). Why should you guys play them? For that matter -- why did we have to play you yesterday? We had already played you twice last summer and beat you both times.

If you really want to play them, feel free to start up a game afterwards . . . say around 8pm while we're drinkin' suds.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HMMMMM

Me thinks I struck a nerve........I have absolutely no idea why any of these games are being played! We are only doing what we are told to do.

My question was really just, who are the 'Strangers" team that you were talking about? But now I know.

Good luck next week, at least there won't be a hockey game that you might have to miss:)

John

P.S. When does this year's league get going, September????
:rolleyes:

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 3 : Westside 1

John,

Just to clarify last nights game

1:0 Long throw into the box - defender swings and misses the ball which bounces up and hits him on the hand, penalty given - harsh seeing there were no RUFC players near him!

1:1 Quickly taken free kick over RUFC defence who were standing around with their thumbs in a dark place - couldnt see from where I was but a lot of shouts that he was at least 5 yards offside

2:1 Long free kick into the box which Bo got his head on

3:1 Ball played into the box - one defender plus Bo and me - I went to jump to flick it on but found it tricky with someone on my back - appealed to ref - he gave it.

End of story

Yours absolutely knackered and unable to do much this morning other than type

L

Lex

Sorry United. Looks as though last weeks game was just a meaningless kickabout as Westside has been declared 2001 league champs and given the cash.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha ha ha ha ha.

Lex, I just received a copy of the season's schedule -- if Reg's doesn't mind, I may post it here later today. For now I can tell you we're playing the Knights on Thursday at S. Memorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0