Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What A Crappy Game

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This had all the potential to turn into a great game, but I guess giving "the Bus" his ring was more important and worth more financially to the league. Unfortunately Seattle got the short end of the stick but full credit to Pittsburgh as all their td's came off good execution. You have to feel for the Hawks though. Down four and on a huge drive they get it to the one yard line only to get called back on a good block which turned into a hold? Then after the int Hasselbeck gets called for going low on the blocker even though he tackled the guy with the ball and barely touched the blocker. Man and people complain about CFL reffing. Crap game because of the few dodgy calls and the Grey Cup, yes that's right I will say it, THE GREY CUP WAS A WAY MORE EXCITING GAME.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hawks got hosed pretty badly in this one. Have you ever seen so many borderline calls go against a team in one game?

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about the first touchdown by pitsburgh, to me it didn't look like Roethlisberger broke the plain. Even looking at the replays the ball looked to be down before the line. Just one opinion maybe some steelers fans can comment on that decision.

Cheers
JB

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It did break the plain in the air so I won't really argue because I don't know if that counts since he pulled it back himself before the hit. For me the holding call just took the wind out of the sails for the Hawks and the penalty to Hasselbeck after he makes a play for throwing the int was just the final slap to the face.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1). The 'push-off' by Jackson to negate a TD
2). The Roethlisberger 'touchdown' - no way that ball crossed and it's a farce how the ref who called it changed his mind as he was running up to mark where he was stopped
3). The phatom illegal block by Hasselbeck when he tackled the ball carrier
4). The time-out called by Roethlisberger after the clock ran down and the ball was snapped
5). The phantom holding call on a Seahawk lineman to negate a long pass that had the Hawks on the Steelers' one.

There's a couple more, but man... pretty dicey stuff.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Regs don't forget that the only 2 penalties on the Pittsburgh offense were the 2 at the begining for false starts. How can a defense as good as Seattle's not get a holding call that goes against the Steeler's O? In all my time of watching football the offense gets tagged with at least 1 holding call. Magically only the Hawks held tonight. Well I guess next year the dynasty will be reborn with New England winning it again.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
2). The Roethlisberger 'touchdown' - no way that ball crossed and it's a farce how the ref who called it changed his mind as he was running up to mark where he was stopped
4). The time-out called by Roethlisberger after the clock ran down and the ball was snapped
5). The phantom holding call on a Seahawk lineman to negate a long pass that had the Hawks on the Steelers' one.

i felt the same way. I was watching the game wondering if anybody else was feeling like the seahawks were getting hosed. The seahawks were the better team all afternoon. They would get rolling and then get screwed over by a suspect call. The steelers really didn't get much rolling all day but had 3big plays, 1 of which came off a horrible holding call followed by an interception with the hasseleback penalty then a touchdown if a remeber correctly. Basically I feel seattle is the better football team and played better on the day, the 12th man wasn't the fans forthe steelers it was the boys in stripes. Super Bowls what an overated waste of an afternoon..can't wait till next year.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was as disappointed as anyone that the Seahawks were stuffed, but really -- aside from the disallowed TD -- let's think about the final outcome. The 'Hawks only score 10 pts, yet the Pirates score 14 as a result of two plays alone: (1) A lovely 75 yarder, and (2) an interception from Hasselbeck on the play he was called for an illegal block -- did anyone else see where the hell he was throwing the ball? Lordy, Lordy -- in the Super Bowl you've got to make better decisions than that. Illegal tackle or not, he screwed the pooch on that one -- it would've led to a TD regardless of any lousy officiating.

The reffing was sketchy, certainly. But the Seahawks played well only up until the point where it really mattered -- making TDs.

It was tough to watch after a while.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same feelings for the game, even though i didn't really care who won, i was just hoping to see me win in my pools. I did feel Seattle did get robbed... i think the calls were stated above. But 2 things were buggin me about the hawks offence.

1) the 4th and inches call... fine it's in ur end(i believe the 30) but u have the MVP Running Back... If he can't get u those 2-3 inches in a time u need the first down.... u should go for it.... that's where charlie weiss would be huge...

2) the final 2 min. That has got to be the worst ever 2 min drill i have ever seen. fine they had no timeouts... but to go for 10 yard passes up the middle?? come on... that was ridiculous. very poor play calling....

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
didn't care who won.
Game was pretty dry.
Refs made huge, huge calls for the Steelers.
if one of those calls went the Seahawks way it would have been a different game.
speaking of this different game. where is the flow?
making a huge play, getting pumped up, yah yah yah,..ok, 3 minute commercial break. just doesn't do it for me.

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was the first time I've ever watched the Superbowl ( or any football game for that matter ) & I have to agree with ' Lion '. The ball is in play for about 10 seconds , then there's a 3 minute break while they set up the next play. How much actual playing time is there ?
I realise that football is a series of ' set-plays ' rather than an open , flowing game like soccer or Ice-hockey...but still !
I thought it was very interesting that the person who receives the trophy at the end of the game is the coach ( and the team president ), unlike soccer where the captain receives it. A reflection on what the game is all about...coaching , not the players I.M.O.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PNE said:
Bloody referees...you can't trust ANY of them !
I concur.

The game was fixed. I went to the beer store before the game to pick up some beer. The guy there tells me that he wanted to put money down on the Hawks but his bookie wouldn't take it. He told him the game was fixed and the Steelers would win.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PNE said:
...I realise that football is a series of ' set-plays ' rather than an open , flowing game like soccer or Ice-hockey...

It's Hockey. No need to qualify it with the "Ice". Everything else is something hockey: field hockey, roller hockey, wheelchair hockey, floor hockey, ball hockey, pocket hockey...take your pick.

Fcuking English.
:rolleyes:

Anyhow, I tuned in right about the 4 minute remaining mark, as the Hawks were driving down the field, 4 pts down. I was shocked to see the phantom holding call...that should have been a challenge, right there. Huge momentum shifter had it stood.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B said:
maybe some steelers fans can comment

I'll comment. My comment is that the Shithawk fans have either been smoking better shite than I ever have or a massive shipment of rose-colored glasses somehow made its way into their hands.

Here we go.

Alleged rip-off no. 1:

J_B said:
What about the first touchdown by pitsburgh, to me it didn't look like Roethlisberger broke the plain. Even looking at the replays the ball looked to be down before the line

So the replay showed it to be down before the line, eh? Well the play was reviewed, by the replay officials and not by some Steeler fan sitting in his easy chair slamming beers and nachos, and it stood. Not only that, but even if the God Of All Seagulls had reached down from the heavens and negated the touchdown the Steelers would still have another crack from the 1/2 inch line. Not a chance the Steelers wouldn't score from there.

Assinine statement no. 1:

bulljive said:
The seahawks were the better team all afternoon

The only answer to this is fcuk off. The Seahawks scored ten points in the biggest game in their franchise's history, allowed a superbowl record 75-yard touchdown run, allowed a touchdown on a trick play everyone on this planet as well as Mars, Venus and Your Anus knew was coming and were absolutely inept at clock managment and coaching decisions in the last minute. You're telling me they were the better team? Unreal.

Alleged rip-off no. 2:

Regs said:
The phatom illegal block by Hasselbeck when he tackled the ball carrier

Haven't you forgotten something? The penalty was called after Hasselback was intercepted. Inter-fcuking-cepted. Regardless if its a shitty call the Steelers still stole the ball away. It is a moot point.

The interesting thing is not one Seahawk player, coach, owner or staff member has mentioned the refereeing. They have said they were outplayed and sloppy and that the Steelers deserved to win. Wake up and smell the half-caf, soy-milk, 110 degree coffee.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree 100% on poor coaching. What the hell was going on in that final minute? Kick the field goal already, then go for an on-side kick.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:

have a moan, cheaters never prosper! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I'm certainly glad that's over!

From the opening butchering of the horribly ironic America the Beautiful performed in Detroit, MI, by a terribly obese duet (how many animals had to die to make that jacket by the way...) to Mick Jaggers attempts to skip around an admittedly pretty cool oversized stage. Hip replacement surgery must have been kind to him. You would think after all those years of touring that someone, anyone, would have offered up at least one fcuking sandwich to the guy. And you just have to know during the 5 second delay the paramedics were were working feverously on injecting nicotine directly into Keith Richards, who's trade mark cancer stick was suspiciously missing from his national TV appearance. They really should have done us all a favour if the group insisted on wearing those tops from the Simon Cowle collection that they would at least replace them with cardboard cutouts of the group in the 70's. Surely that would have been more entertaining and appealing than the four old dogs who were dangerously late for the early bird special. And finally, I'm glad I'll never, ever, have to hear another lame fcuking Bus metaphor again in my life. I'm not sure what would have been worse for Bettis, him being labeled as one of the greatest never to win or the putz that proclaimed to the 6 people who watch the Jimmy Kimmel show in his football socks, flip flops and soaking wet shirt "I'm a champion. I think the Bus's last stop is here in Detroit." and my favorite...

"It's official, like the referee whistle"

Brutal.

When does the game start?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0