Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 WHat do you think of the u21 league this year?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think the better solution to making u-21 more competitive is MAKING all players under 21 in vmsl play u-21. which means not allowing them to play the open division. what do you guys think?

No offense, Shamrocks and Shenanigans(great name by the way), but that would make no sense at all. The U-21 league essentially serves a purpose for the 'larger' clubs in the VMSL but not for the smaller ones. The best players will develop at the highest levels and playing against experienced players is the best way for young players to develop, not against kids their own age. It depends on how each club approaches it I suppose.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
All minor league sports end at 18 years of age..So should soccer..u-21 is a waist of fields and refs..2 very valuable things needed. I say move all u-21 teams to div 3 in thier areas if they wish to stay together. All teams out there could pic up the rest of guys to help thier respective clubs.
Then as a player reaches 18 (graduation) teams could be scouting these guys. Highschool soccer and minor soccer end for these guys and they make choices where to play. Easy

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL should set up another league for the 19 and 20 year olds, with associated CAT divisions so the 21 year olds can play against each other...this will help build a club system as well as an orderly introduction to men's ball.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter lets look at this way. At U18 in VMSL area you have twenty three teams. That is gold and gold two and silver one. Plus select program teams. About 14 teams at U18 select.
In U 21 you have six teams. Now what do you think the probem is? What Mr Azzi has to do is get a guy that knows what he is doing to open a development league for U21.
I have been around soccer for many years. The true reason of down fall is ,most of the U18 coaches get burned out from non comitment from young player. Most think of every scam not to play if it is cold or it rains. Most of the games are at nine an saturday mornings. Who the hell is going to come to play. Guys go out and party. There is no way. U18 boys must play on sudays after tvele o clock. That is the only way they will stay in sport. You have to sighn twenty guys to have eleven at the game. Now just think what kind of development that will bring out. They play maybe ten minutes a game rest of the time they sit on the side lines. As soon as they go to senior soccer and have to play full forty five minutes they no longer show up. They just can not cut it. Lack of developmemt in lower level is the onley reason. Dumb boards have to think . Forget the score and develop. Azzi is not to blame. Blame sits on the sholders of non soccer people on the soccer boards.
Friends before soccer people. That is what the problem is.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem with the u-21 is that VMSL teams are not affiliated with youth u-18 and under teams or very few are metro-ford and surrey are the only ones i believe. So after u-18 the very good players go to premier teams some to div 1 and the rest either play with their freinds in u-21 or stop playing completely. if the u-21 is gonna work they need to be affiliated with the youth and premier teams that way players stick to their clubs after u-18 and stick to soccer in general instead of all going different ways and spreading out the players.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
just get rid of u21, i'm 19 i played mens last year and this year when im not suspended but i can handle the physicalness just fine. Mr Base you made no sense with that one players not showing up well who cares what they do if they don't wanna play they won't so why make a u21 that barely anyone shows up for just let the ones who do want to keep playing join mens soccer cause i don't care what you say if your 18 your developed enough to play mens soccer. Just forget u21 it is a waste of time in amatuer soccer and there is no point in developing players for anything if your not in college or europe your not going, so if you wnat to carry on playing soccer join mens.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I just got it lad. We can form a drive drop and pickup league. That way when it rains games will not be played. Sorrey got to to California to get bit of sun shine. Here rains and it is dam cold. Use teachers to coach and things will be dam good.
See Mr Azzi knows what is going on and he is slowley rebuilding the VMSL. One step at the time to rid of bad apples. It takes bit of time to find out who the true runners are. League only wants slow and smart guys. They are able to accsept information.
Step on the ball and think before they pass.
Three down four to go. It will be better in 2009. You older clubs Edmonds has a very good keeper at U17 silver one level. Six foot two big and strong.

kaapie

Dec 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
All good. Looks like u21 is a failure.
Club I have their shite together. They got that Richmond youth coach (Phillip with teh accent) to put a team together. That is DEVELOPMENT. He always coaches the real game but it looks like the VMSL is way behind his goals. So, looks like youths better players will have to jump to mens because Azi or VMSL isnt ready for real competition in the u21. Need more guys like him to coach international football. Thats why we suck

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like what Mission is saying though,,What are we developing at u-21 anyways??? they are to old for pro now so why develop these men,Cause thats what they are at 21, is young men. I know 21 yearolds married with kids. Not alot but they are out there. So again I ask, what the hell are they developing. Guys to play Div 3 ?? Cause if your not signed to some kind of deal by 18,,your not going to be. Collage Soccer is for guys who are not going to play pro and are smart enough (and good enough) to get a scholorship and get an education. And remember Collage soccer is only temperary.(4-5 years with very short seasons)
U-21 is a complete waist. !!!!!!

kaapie

Dec 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I now agree with this. See, this was a great forum. I now think u21 is probably better of buried and dead. No point really. But, here's the question then. Where do all the u18's go? Div 3 is not good enough. Don't like dissing them but the teams are really weak. Even the worst u18 select team would kill them. Gold and Silver players could move into div 3 and the selects get to go all over the place? That only works if the div 2 and higher teams lose enough players to hanging em up?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
kappie i agree but most select players either go to college or go play prem soccer or both, i think thier is a div 2 team in vmsl that was div 3 last year (desmesh), we played them in provincials and they was a young team put together that are going to move up over years. correct me if im wrong ghouse but isn't that what you guys did too cause acbc are not old players right?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
correct. I have a couple 16 yearolds and 17-18 and so on. Kids at 18 are good enough for dig 3 and better for sure. If there was no u-21 then there would be a he'll of slot playing everywhere makeing it even so to sleek anyways.

kaapie

Dec 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
shite Shamrock - I totally forgot what I was talking about.
Merry Xmas to all the believers. Happy happy to everyone else.
Hicup.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good good guys it is nice that you guys give out proper information to youth where to play to get exposure. PCSL is the best place for youth and senior to play in bur non.
It is as close as you can get to a BC league. Just go to PCSL.Org and check it out.
A very strong U21 program and a powerfull senior program.
Good bunch of the guys run the league. And you get to play Two very strong US sides.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
the pcsl is a good set up, however the pdl is much better im not sure if the pcsl is the lower league to the pdl but i wouldnt bet on it.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
pdl and pcsl are both classified as dIv 3. Says so on thier website.
More news for ya. Pcsl will be droping or changeing thier u-21 div to div 1.
With religation and promotion between the 2 divisions.
Go to thier website and look at the teams invoved. Makes sence and will really strengthen the league.
Change will be ineffect 2010 I believe.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC lad PCSL is as close to Whitcapas level as you can get.It is higher level than VMSL premier. Only top players in the province can play at that level. As far as U21 in PCSl they did get many aplications for U21 league and they will change it. You might even see U18 playing in the league. That is very balanced league. With proper managment.
Whitcaps development team played in that league last year. They won four of of 18 games. That alone tells you something. Same group of guys play in the VMSL and they are in the upper half of the VMSL under Delta banner. But just to say both VMSL and PCSL are developing young talent.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0