Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the future of BCSA's Provincial Team Program now that we have BCPL?

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
From BCSA's website:

The Provincial Teams Program has become a symbol for players and coaches who are dedicated to enhancing the development opportunities for elite players at the Regional, Provincial, and National Team and Professional level of play.

A key measure to the program's overall success and mandate is witnessing the advancement and selection of players to the Canadian Soccer Association U17 and U20 Male and Female National Teams Program

From what I know, last MNT's rosters had 1 BC player in U17 and 2 in U20.
Reach you own conclusions...

Your thoughts on the future of the PTP with the BCPL.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've had brief discussions about this with a few people now and I'm really struggling with the relevancy of the PTP going forward, especially when other provinces start to follow the model BC Soccer now has in place with the HPL/BCPL.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Future of the PTP will depend on Whitecaps entering USSDA at u16 and u18 I imagine/assume. BCPL is also designed to ensure the very best are identified and sent to the PTP until such time as the PTP is disbanded. Have to believe some sort of PTP will enter into the national finals unless all provinces withdraw. And no, I don't see anyway the Whitecaps release their USSDA squad (fictional at time of writing) to the BC PTP - so it'd be a "2nd string" squad. Much in the same way I can't see any TFC or Impact youth being released to their provinces team.

If disbanded, the real question is, where will the BCSA Staff Coaches go??

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if what I heard today is true.......the BC Program won't be around much longer. The Whitecaps are allegedly going to be running U19, U17, U15, and U13 teams.......all fully funded by the Whitecaps. Surely this would be the end of the Provincial Program IF all the best players at that age are with the Whitecaps full-time?

British Bulldogg

Oct 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if what I heard today is true.......the BC Program won't be around much longer. The Whitecaps are allegedly going to be running U19, U17, U15, and U13 teams.......all fully funded by the Whitecaps. Surely this would be the end of the Provincial Program IF all the best players at that age are with the Whitecaps full-time?

whitecaps are going full time but you have the age groups worng and they will only be taking top 10 players in each age group.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do either of you have any way to confirm your information?? USSDA is u18 and u16, so I assume they would have those two age groups. A u14 and u12 might sound more like it??? Not sure where and when the u14 and u12 would play - academy only? How would they possibly be able to select the "best" 13 and 11 year olds and limit it to 10?

cassis

Dec 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the boys, what I've heard re the Whitecaps is as follows:
- U21 PDL Residency in the PDL reserve league
- U16 & 18 USSDA teams (18-20 players)
- U13/14/15 pre-academy teams on which there will only be approx 10-12 players. Players in adjacent age groups will be combined as necessary for games
For the girls
- U17 & U19 residency and that's it for now to be re-evaluated in a year's time

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey...didn't you hear....we're going to start playing soccer with only "10" players......10-12 players?? Makes no sense?

Cheers!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0