Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the Record?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today at Point Grey Turf:

Westside FC Rangers U-21 16:0 Shaheen FC U-21

Anybody know what the standing VMSL record is? Is this a new one for the books?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yah.. .they should have shut it down when up 3-0.
looks much better on paper.
seriously.

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
once you get to 10-0 you gotta shut her down.
why would you need to score 16?

then again everyone knows the westside boys are notorious for being bad winners. they are the kind of guys who are winning a game 7-0 and on their 8th goal celebrate wildly with loud cheers, screaming, high fives etc. more than any other team.

anyways not a good result especially at the u-21 level

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
aekara said:
then again everyone knows the westside boys are notorious for being bad winners. they are the kind of guys who are winning a game 7-0 and on their 8th goal celebrate wildly with loud cheers, screaming, high fives etc. more than any other team.
Of course. Everyone knows that. :rolleyes:

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Of course. Everyone knows that. :rolleyes:

great comeback!... ya roll your eyes...

no really i've seen it happen first hand (more than once) and i've heard a few similar stories (second hand).

and 16-0. how can you argue that it's not discraceful? the facts speak for themselves, don't they?

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
and here you are bragging about it... wow you set a record! give yourself a pat on the back!

what planet are you on dude? i would be ashamed if i was part of your club.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aekara,

I suppose it did sound a bit self-ingratiating, but was not meant that way. My reaction would have been the same regardless of which teams were involved. I'm simply curious to know if anyone know what the record is. From the sounds of things so far, no one knows.

Also, I intended this as a general thread for VMSL records of all kinds. If I was trying give myself a pat on the back, I would've titled it "Westside sets a new record with ridiculous win!". But I didn't.

And finally, you're telling us that you've been on the receiving end of a drubbing ("more than once"). Now that's disgraceful. How about some details? If you're going to accuse a team/club of disrespectful behaviour, let's have some facts to back it up. I've been with the club for over a decade, played with a variety of teams within it, but have never seen such behaviour.

I don't know how this game result came about or what situation/events led to such an embarassing scoreline; but inspite of this match, I would still argue that Westside FC is one of the most respected and respectful clubs in the Lower Mainland.

coastal

Jul 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somebody on the higher up for Westside needed to talk to those kids and get them to shutdown the scoring after 7 or 8. figures though.

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Aekara,

I suppose it did sound a bit self-ingratiating, but was not meant that way. My reaction would have been the same regardless of which teams were involved. I'm simply curious to know if anyone know what the record is. From the sounds of things so far, no one knows.

Also, I intended this as a general thread for VMSL records of all kinds. If I was trying give myself a pat on the back, I would've titled it "Westside sets a new record with ridiculous win!". But I didn't.

And finally, you're telling us that you've been on the receiving end of a drubbing ("more than once"). Now that's disgraceful. How about some details? If you're going to accuse a team/club of disrespectful behaviour, let's have some facts to back it up. I've been with the club for over a decade, played with a variety of teams within it, but have never seen such behaviour.

I don't know how this game result came about or what situation/events led to such an embarassing scoreline; but inspite of this match, I would still argue that Westside FC is one of the most respected and respectful clubs in the Lower Mainland.

I've been on a team that lost to a Westside team 9-0 or 10-0. We started the game with 8 men and never had more than 10 the whole game. I clearly remember them going nuts after all their goals, whooping it up with big group hugs even when it was 6, 7, 8- nothing. Absolutely no class.

I don't feel like I need to provide any more details, it's not something I'm proud of, being on the losing end of a whupping... I also don't think it's disgraceful. I could not care less if you don't believe me, but think about it... I've got no reason to make this up. It happened to a team I was on... and look it happened again. Westside does have a great history of success in the league. It's a big club. Maybe that's part of the reason this kind of thing happened?

I really don't have anything against Westside I'm just saying this doesn't surprise me because I've seen it and heard about it before.

Like I said, Westside is a big club with many teams. I haven't seen them all play and I can't say they're all the same. But don't try to argue that it's not disgraceful to run up a score like that.

And finally, if you want to try to spin it against me and say I'm disgraceful for being on a team that was whupped when playing 2 men short the whole game, go ahead, you're just helping to prove my point.

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bottom line: if it was a team in my club that was responsible for running up a score like this, I would keep it on the down low, I wouldn't flaunt it.

That's the kind of stuff that gets you a bad rep.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last time I checked, the VMSL was a men's league. It's one thing to lose big, it's another to have a huge moan about it and cry about the big bad boys on the opposing team.

Put your purse away.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I don't think losing is that bad. In fact, I've found most girls seem to like it when I come second.

Ba-da-boom.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:

Keeper, I think he's referring to when you guys beat them (Van. Oly's B) 10-0 last year.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza,

If that's indeed what he's referring to, then I don't know what to say. All you had to do was pass the ball forward and it went in. As far as I remember, 10:0 was keeping the scoreline within reason. Hell, I think even Stranger scored. ;)

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I hear Westside played the last half hour with 9 men and still couldnt stop scoring. Granted the should've knocked the ball around and just kept possesion. But they're kids most of them....live and learn. Part of me thinks if you're going to field a shite team, you should be run off the park. Another example of the watered down VMSL. I wouldnt be surprised if next time they played each other it was 2-1 game. I love the comments about how Westside teams celebrate like crazy on the 7th or 8th goals....i remember once putting the capper on a 8 nil drubbing and then climbing the fence and shaking it like it was the greatest goal i had ever scored (We're taught to do that at Westside camp in mid August and plus when you only score twice a year it worth celebrating...fcuk the losers)

Although lets set the record straight here big difference between class from the Rangers camp and the Rino's camp. Haha

I'm really starting to sound like a prick on this TTP thing.....
(I know, I know..starting?)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0