Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where will Owen end up??

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still huge talk on where the 25year old Michael Owen will end up. Says he wants to be in red but liverpool is having trouble freeing up the money to sign him. Other clubs interested are Everton, Newcastle and already turned down Wigan Athletic.

Owen said he wouldnt mind to start this year in Madrid but if that happens he will be the number 5 forward in Real this campain. 16 goals last season, one of Englands finest...NUMBER 5! Just shows the quality of Madrids front runners. He would be behind, Ronaldo, Raul, Robinho and newly signed Julio Baptista...

Owen needs to be gettin 90mins a game this year with the world cup soon approaching, I think hes best situation is at Newcastle. He would get to play along side Shearer for his last season and then take over the squad the following year. Newcastle is definately a high mid pack team this year (with owen), but I think Owen should consentrate on getting touches, and not worry about nessisarily being on a power house.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
seriously though....

Parry hints at Owen return to Anfield

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has dropped the strongest hint yet that the club could re-sign Michael Owen.

Parry has not ruled out the possibility that the club could bid to bring the striker they sold to Real Madrid last year back to England.

Owen wants to return to the Premiership and has said that would ideally be with Liverpool and not Newcastle, the only club to have so far bid.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has continually said a striker is not a priority, but Parry has revealed a deal could be possible.

Parry said: 'There has never been a split between us and Rafa over Michael Owen or any other player.

'It's not a no or a yes - there has been plenty of speculation and we will see next week. It's always encouraging when a player says he wants to come to Liverpool.

Reds captain Steven Gerrard admits he would like to see Owen come back.

Gerrard, speaking after watching Liverpool drawn in the same group as Chelsea for the Champions League group stage, said: 'Fingers crossed! It's obviously up to the Liverpool manager but everyone knows what I want.'

The issue could be made clearer if Lyon or Monaco, who have both been linked with moves for Liverpool's French striker Djibril Cisse, were to make a firm approach for the player.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a Reds supporter, I hope it is not Liverpool. I appreciate everything he did with the club but he wanted to leave. Besides. I would like to give Cisse some time to become accustomed to Premiership play to see if he can succeed first as he did in France. If Owen comes on as the 4th stiker (once Crouch comes back) I would not want him on the bench either because of the World Cup this year. It is a bad situation for Micheal and maybe Liverpool will bail him out for old times sake. If he stays healthy, you know he is good for a goal every couple of matches.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
Still huge talk on where the 25year old Michael Owen will end up. Says he wants to be in red but liverpool is having trouble freeing up the money to sign him. Other clubs interested are Everton, Newcastle and already turned down Wigan Athletic.

Owen said he wouldnt mind to start this year in Madrid but if that happens he will be the number 5 forward in Real this campain. 16 goals last season, one of Englands finest...NUMBER 5! Just shows the quality of Madrids front runners. He would be behind, Ronaldo, Raul, Robinho and newly signed Julio Baptista...

Owen needs to be gettin 90mins a game this year with the world cup soon approaching, I think hes best situation is at Newcastle. He would get to play along side Shearer for his last season and then take over the squad the following year. Newcastle is definately a high mid pack team this year (with owen), but I think Owen should consentrate on getting touches, and not worry about nessisarily being on a power house.
everton are out of the running acordimg to moyes,he refused their 10 million pound offer1

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
willis316 said:
As a Reds supporter, I hope it is not Liverpool. I appreciate everything he did with the club but he wanted to leave. Besides. I would like to give Cisse some time to become accustomed to Premiership play to see if he can succeed first as he did in France. If Owen comes on as the 4th stiker (once Crouch comes back) I would not want him on the bench either because of the World Cup this year. It is a bad situation for Micheal and maybe Liverpool will bail him out for old times sake. If he stays healthy, you know he is good for a goal every couple of matches.

Its amazing he did as well under Houllier as he did. He literally ran on his own for the last couple of years at Liverpool. He scored then, he scored at Madrid with limited minutes, he still scores for England. To suggest he would be number 4 choice right now is debateable. Yes Cisse has scored twice today, but he has had a couple of tragic games thus far in the premiership, and Morientes does not instill much confidence. Crouch is a great element to insert with somebody running off of him.
Enough already, kiss, make-up, and bring him home.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0