Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which FVSL team has the crappiest pitch?

Where is the worst pitch in the FVSL that teams play on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No joke.. One time in U21 we had a "must play" game, our warm up consisted of pushing the nets back and forth across the field to disperse the water. No idea what happened there. Its actually an engineering feat to put a field on the top of a mountain, on raised ground and have it hold water.:wa:

I think I remember them having a lot of problems when building it with the retaining wall collapsing once during construction. Prob back filled and compacted it so much that nothing can get through/move.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the damaged/collapsed underground drains are full of pine needles, sandwich bags, gum and decomposing spitz shells I could see how that green 4 inch deep swimming pool came to be ;)

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
bradner by far is the worst park ive played at in my life. 2 corners were hardened gravle baseball diamonds, there will multiple hills on the field, minimal amounts of grass on the "best" areas of the pitch, the lines were an inch wide and not straight, and so on and so on. If i was the ref i would not have aloud the game to be played there.

the cement patch is a close second.

Gotta agree,that is some fine farmland!! Real country bumpkin acreage.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
playing at parkside was always nice, whats better than playing on a field littered with dog shite?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey were still pretty lucky.. VMSL doesnt have the number of quality fields we have and the few good ones go to Premier first. The Island is worse...
Kelowna ,Kamloops and Penticton got their first turf fields this last year or so and their grass pitches are fricken awsome.(summer only)..PAU and TWU have the best grass fields that I have ever been on in BC.
FVSL has the most turf fields and I must say weather you like the turf or not...we play more games than any league because of them.
Moodys cement patch will be gone by next season and that is some great news as its a FVSL staple.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU has always had the best fields. i dont think i have ever had a game cancelled out there in all the years i've played.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU has always had the best fields. i dont think i have ever had a game cancelled out there in all the years i've played.
however this thread is not regarding good fields. but while on that topic our old home field erma stevenson in fraser heights was another really great grass field. very seldom did our games get cancelled there.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackie Park in Delta, torn my ACL on that pitch and still havent forgiven it yet...haha
not to mention the numerous times this field has been torched by kids.
probably the only park around that cannot leave the nets up for that very reason.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well heres a story for you then reguarding Crappy fields.
ACBC use to be North Coquitlam Hades. When I first got involved with the team 5 years ago, our home park was Panarama.
Way up North Coq near the Golf coarse.
Out of our 9 home league games that year...because of snow and rain we were only able to play 3 home games. 2 were canceled at kickoff because of mud/water and the rest were canceled by the parks/schoolboard. Of the 3 games we did play at our home park ,2 were played in mud and the other was played on grass so long that no one could kick the ball half the field if the ball stayed on the ground the entire distance.
We never made up all our games. Not because the league didnt try. But because we were an average team and most games ment nothing to the other teams . That with the fact we had to make up so many. Only the games which needed to be played vs Promotion and Religation teams took place. The others did not as we simply ran out of time.
And that is the reason we moved and dropped our club affiliation and became Athletic Club BC...All because of a terrible home field.
Worst thing for me in Soccer is to show up to a game and have it canceled. (for what ever reason)
I love Turf.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
that field was terrible.
when we were the nats we only were able to play once there in two years against you guys because of the cancelations

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well heres a story for you then reguarding Crappy fields.
ACBC use to be North Coquitlam Hades. When I first got involved with the team 5 years ago, our home park was Panarama.
Way up North Coq near the Golf coarse.

And way way back before it was the Hades way way back it was the Eagle Ridge Westwood Blue Devils... good times .... good times (The sotelo brothers looked like little eskimo's back then) :D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
John Sotelo is the last of the original guys still on the team..Captians the div 2 and plays most Premier games.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
John Sotelo is the last of the original guys still on the team..Captians the div 2 and plays most Premier games.

every thing he learned, he learned from me... the good and the bad..As for Midnite, i tried but that guy has issues...:rolleyes:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Midnite was the leading scorer when I joined and guys on my Premier team now, actually said..wow I get to play with him. He was a really good player and then his knee went at Mercer Park on the turf and he was never the same. He quit because he was frustrated in himself and was upset because he could never get back to the level he was use to after surgury. Sad really.
I heard he started running with a div 3 North Van team just for fun..I hope he stays playing...He was the reason I joined the club in the first place. He was at my place one drunk night and asked me to get back into soccer after 10 years in throwball. Go Trojans.
I went with him the next training and the rest is history.

Curvature#2

Sep 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And way way back before it was the Hades way way back it was the Eagle Ridge Westwood Blue Devils... good times .... good times (The sotelo brothers looked like little eskimo's back then) :D
I can do you one better... as I played for the Eagleridge Westwood (E.W.Y.S.A) Blue Devils from U13 until U18. Had a couple of great years with home fields at Panorama and Eagle Ridge (another field that held water instead of draining it down by the Tim Hortons and McDonalds) We then transfered to Div 4 (yes it existed) because we were a new team. I played one year for them with a guy named Dustin who I think sold the team to you GHouse, before I realized I was 18 and playing against 30 year old hacks. So I jumped ship to Port Moody U21 six years ago and never looked back.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can do you one better... as I played for the Eagleridge Westwood (E.W.Y.S.A) Blue Devils from U13 until U18. Had a couple of great years with home fields at Panorama and Eagle Ridge (another field that held water instead of draining it down by the Tim Hortons and McDonalds) We then transfered to Div 4 (yes it existed) because we were a new team. I played one year for them with a guy named Dustin who I think sold the team to you GHouse, before I realized I was 18 and playing against 30 year old hacks. So I jumped ship to Port Moody U21 six years ago and never looked back.

So we must have played together then? drop me a pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0