Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which is the WORST grass field?

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gave a sarcastic comment in the best grass field thread, and then thought it might be interesting to see the answer the opposite question: which is the WORST GRASS FIELD that soccer is regularly played on in the Lower Mainland?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd rather know why I need to lick my fingers first to get the lint to come off my dryers lint screen when it comes from my belly button so freely. Riveting.

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
My votes by the way (mostly from someone who spends his time on the sidelines of VMSL games):
- After it rains, getting to Adanac field is pretty brutal. You have to wade through a swamp just to walk to the sidelines.

- Burnaby Lake grass fields are suitable for rugby but are covered in so much goose droppings that they are pretty disgusting and the ball ends up in the bog half the time after flying out of bounds on the far field (although I'm certain they'll end up being converted into some new complex, if they haven't already -- I haven't been there for a year and there's a lot of construction around there).

- Any field with a mud-pit along the goal-line is pretty awful. I suppose that happens a lot.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this thread like an oxymoron or something? No games are played on a fcuking grass pitch anymore :mad:

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
They are by youth. Also, I have watched VMSL games on those fields within the past year. I saw Sporting vs. Inter last year at Adanac, for instance.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, Strahcona is the shittiest field around. You have to do a walkthru off the field to make sure there are no needles on the pitch and the pitch itself is a bumby hard holey mess. The bathrooms there have some great things happening in them too. Last year on of the girlfriends went to the washroom by herself (she didnt know better) and the there were 2 hookers shooting up in it. Good times.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Old Hammond is shite and Bradner's old pitch is awful. I didn't like Burnaby Lakes very much the other day when we won the Kinghts league final. what grass field in August is muddy???

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a bumby hard holey mess.

Sounds like Tuna's ex....:eek:

Any of the following would qualify:

Sunrise (Rupert & 4th)
Sunset
Jonathan Rogers
Robson
New Brighton
Moberley (either)
Collingwood
Strathcona Oval
Wesburn

...and with the exception of the last one, they're all mismanaged by the delightful Vancouver Parks Board.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seaquam track. If you have any ankle, knee or leg problems, just looking at it hurts. The pot holes aren't that bad when compared to the sprinkler heads 8 inches out of the ground.
The only field were I have seen a Penalty shot hit a rut in front of the net and go out for a throw in.

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunrise (Rupert & 4th)?

I guess it's bumpy as anything, and there's that baseball diamond in the corner... the sad things is that that field has been re-done about five times in the past two years and it still sucks, huh?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the southwest to northeast corner there is a vertical drop of at least 2 metres. Kind of like Musqueam, where the north and south halves of the field are at different levels...:rolleyes:

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If there were no grass, you could just put the ball on the centre line and give it a push and it would roll into one of the nets.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, it would still roll to the northeast corner.:rolleyes:

New Brighton still have all-brown dead grass?

Robson Park = needle check + junkies in the bathrooms. Actually had to kick one out so my kid could use the toilet before...:mad: Postage stamp-sized pitch suitable for 9-aside; large chestnut trees along the north and east sides that have never been trimmed preclude taking realistic corner kicks from that side, as well as providing the joys of rolled ankles that come from slipping on fallen chestnuts.:rolleyes:

Collingwood is just plain awful. 3 manhole covers on the pitch make Gladstone look decent.

Wesburn Park has a nice hump in the middle that looks like somebody tried to bury a whale under the pitch. It's about the right size, as well. Nice mud pit, Burnaby...

The most shocking condition I can remember was at Musqueam before the CofV "fixed" it up. Grass in the southwest corner was more than knee high, and there were ruts in the ground where the mowing tractor had got stuck and actually had to be towed out. And we were expected to play a game here?:rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Brighton used to be a decent pitch, until some moron decided to do donuts on it and rip it up. That was our home pitch in the summer.

Adanac NW...the top field...SHITE!! Half the game you are chasing the ball down the hill, and usually the field isn't mowed. The bottom pitch...we had 1 game on it in the summer, and it was nice, but then again, we were comparing it to the upper pitch.

Strathcona Oval...sick!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0