Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps MLS season ticket seating

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The time is rapidly approaching for seating selection for MLS 2011 in Vancouver.

Mid-October is when the pricing and seating chart comes out and November is the time to make your selections.

Is there enough interest here for me to set up a group section?

I'll need to make a decision soon so as to get it sorted with the Caps - let me know here.

Cheers,

Regs.

PS. I'm getting 4 tickets so any section I set-up is going to be in the cheap/low range.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Mid-October.

:rolleyes:

Southsiders have a pretty good deal coming up... watch for a new thread on that within the next couple of days.

Cheers,

Regs.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I read there forum but I don't want to become a member. They said it would be the end of last week. Whitecaps have sold over 15,000 tickets and people don't know what they are going to be on the hook for. Minimum $320 maximum over $1,000 I assume.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd make an educated guess that the southsiders and the other supporters groups seating in their vicinity will be priced in the 450-500 range for a seasons tix (No real word yet, but that's my guess) and the fact is that area/end will be the only real way of being at the game and not get sneered at/hassled etc by seniors and soccer moms if you were to want to stand for the full 90, be a bit drunk, swear, sing, chant, etc.

Also, the MLS have new rules coming down the pike next year whereby you need to be with a club and MLS Sanctioned Supporters Group if you want to follow your team on the road at rival grounds, like the roadies to Portland and Seattle. Basically if you are in the normal masses by buying scalpers tix etc and then are reported to security for wearing away colours etc you can be tossed. Thus being a member of the Southsiders or any other group that may pop up gives you the ability to go to away games which will be awesome parties.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Basically if you are in the normal masses by buying scalpers tix etc and then are reported to security for wearing away colours etc you can be tossed.

Thats the stupidest thing i've heard.. Limit your target market with a new product.. Nice

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, because I'm sure Seattle is having so much trouble selling tickets to its own fans it needs to put more tickets on hold for random away fans.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No no... I mean if you are at Qwest or PDX (Away games) and are visibly supporting the Whitecaps with the normal crowd(Because you bought scalpers tix etc) you could be and most likely will be tossed if you haven't procured your tix through the away ticketing methods approved by the league (Which is through the sanctioned supporters groups)

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
what i am saying is acting on impulse , say me and the boys decide to take a road trip to take watch a game, you are telling me i run the risk of getting kicked out for buying scalpers tickets and sitting in a section i chose while wearing my teams jersey because iaint in the southside gang?. Maybe I want to sit with the other guys. Heckling is half the fun.. Tell me what other pro sport in north america does this? These guys aint college football ..

Maybe its just me and i dont like being told what i can and cant do.

Fcuk it. i'll bring both teams jersey's to wear

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with Polska, this is a pretty ridiculous policy. I could see it if hooliganism was as bad as other countries, but Seattle/Toronto excluded, the MLS shouldn't be limiting the sale of tickets to anyone.

Lets say you're in another MLS city on business and coincidently there is a whitecaps game that night. Are you telling me you can't go support your team, in jersey?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty Much.

You have to remember that this league is mostly owned a run by former NFL folks, not Footy people.

They see the Green Street Hooligans and Football Factories and think any ticket buyer is a potential nutter.

Toronto and Columbus have had issues, as have KC and Chicago...

Also, for the most part, getting access to tix in Seattle and Portland, our natural roadies to make/take based on close proximity sell out every game or are damn close to it...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0