Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Opener - March 19th 2011

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Less than a week to go to the first ever MLS match for the Caps.

Is the excitement level finally get there for you?

Who's going and what are your expectations? Are you driving in or taking transit? How early are you getting to the Stadium?

Do you hope to meet Sunny Lenarduzzi? (she's in the following video)

Last edited:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I figure if kick offs at 330 get there for 3 incase of any opening ceremony stuff and get your beers to be seated and ready for kick off. I can't wait, we got 14 of us heading down in a limo, gonna get rowdy and watch the boys start the season off with a big win vs TFC.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Expecting a Whitecap win only because it's the franchises first match and it makes for a good story. I got a relative who lives a block away so it makes for a perfect (free) parking spot. Is the ttp nation having a tailgate party?

TA

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking forward to it, but still a little too irritated to be excited just yet. Found out that my seats at Empire are in the no alchohol section/family section, right beside the visiting team supporters section... which didn't actually correspond to where my seats were for BC Place at all. I immediately called to request a relocation, and was told to just wait for the first game to see how I liked the seats, then talk to one of the staff at the game... yeah no thanks. So they said they'd move my seats but I've yet to hear back from them. Plus I'm not at home in the daytime to receive my tickets, and won't be able to make it to Puralator while they're open to pick them up, so I guess I'll have to wait til game day to pick them up at will call, which sucks.

I think I'll be pretty geared up once I'm in my seat, but for now... meh.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Tailgate

I'll be in the parking lot getting warmed up around 2pm. (If anyone is interested in a few Guinness?)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking forward to making a few wagers on the games. The first few will likely be low-scoring as the coach's style doesn't cater to an exciting brand of football.........let's hope this isn't the case but there is money to be made. :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, as witnessed by the few I know that went down south for the Cascadian Summitt, and what I saw Saturday, Teitur seems to be encouraging a lot more short passing and building up from their own end... I didn't see nearly as many "punt and hope" balls as I have seen the past few years at Swangard...

It helps having the quality of guys like Alain Rochat out there, this guy oozes class...

The Southsiders will be hanging out at Oscars pub pre-game, and have some pretty sweet deals at the moment, as a card carrying SS member you get a burger and 2 pints for $15 on game days, that might be worth the $30 to join the SS'ers (even just in paid membership) alone!

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN if I paid for a membership and my burger was cold and my pints were warm could I blame the FO?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. absolutely. It's ALWAYS their fault! :p

in all honesty, well played by the Caps brass to allow in/invite some of their sponsors and more loyal supporters over the years into the "Closed Door" friendly... It was a nice perk that helps soothe the pains of dealing with their mostly inept ticket dept staff all winter.

~StillHaven'tReceivedMySeasonsTixPackage :mad:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone check the 5 days till kickoff video on youtube today?

I seen it on my BB, but my webfilter won't allow me to post it here or see it at my desktop at the office here.

Teitur giving the supporters pledge, it's quite good, especially when he breaks a vuvzela over his knee! :D

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
where is the tailgate party happening, anyone have a certain spot? the celtic boys are ready to go, would be nice to meet some guys from the ttp that we haven't met before have some pre game pints.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
looking forward to the game at empire. this is going to bring back some fond memories. hope to see a few TTP'ers at the match.
5bt

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0