Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Whitecaps playing where?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unofficially:

Paul Daily - Pegasus
Niall Thompson - Firetown
Jeff Clarke - Firetown
Jason Jordan - Firetown
Mike Franks - Firetown
Jeff Skinner - Firetown
Dave Morris - Burnaby
Alfredo Valente - Inter
Ollie Heald - Indo
T. King - Clan Alumni
Gordy Chin - Burnaby
Steve Kindel - Clan Alumni
Andrew Veer - Metro Ford (?)
Alex Marques - Sporting
John Sulentic - Croatia (div 1)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some of the Khalsa guys were bragging, not of the game :D , but of the White Cap help they'll be getting. Any names, HOS? Carvara(sp)

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few updates to the above list..........

Jeff Clarke - Firetown I believe he is not returning to the Toons but either playing with Peg or taking some time off to rest some nagging injuries.

Jason Jordan - Firetown I have heard he is trying to work out a deal to play down in the states, so won't be playing here anytime soon.

John

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John

I spoke to Clarkie last week, he said he wants to take 6 months off becuase of the injuries.

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whitecaps on the move

steve kindel will not be returning to clan as first suspected. instead he will be returning to inter.

big p is in negotiations with cravs, jordie lyall, and the new guy piette to join khalsa

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Negotiations" meaning he's paying them? You'd have to pay me too to be on the same team as HOS.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: whitecaps on the move

Originally posted by Spacamuro
big p is in negotiations with cravs, jordie lyall, and the new guy piette to join khalsa

There are many players in the league that want to play for Mighty Khalsa. Cravs was out at training last night and is itching to go after being out for 6 weeks with injury. No word on the other two, but I am sure we can find a spot for them.

Kevin Cameron played with us last year, where is he suiting up this year, rumour has him joining all the brothers at AFC.

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Khalsa paying players?

Originally posted by Ankle Breaker
Just to clarify, Khalsa does not pay players and no one is going to get paid

Ankle Breaker, your not being paid?, you must be the only one on the team.

Heard that Indo opened up the wallet this year for a MVP.

hos

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Khalsa paying players?

Originally posted by Ankle Breaker
Just to clarify, Khalsa does not pay players and no one is going to get paid

Right, you have such as strong kinship amongst players, and they all admire the Big P so much that they are lining up to play with Khalsa.:rolleyes: HIghly unlikely.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if Indo opened it for the MVP but I did hear they matched that other East Indian teams offer sheet for there 6'5" keeper:eek:

Why is it everyone thinks , wrongly or rightly, that the ethnic teams pay for players?

John

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting Topic

Originally posted by john
Why is it everyone thinks , wrongly or rightly, that the ethnic teams pay for players?

The paying of players could be debated all year. Some will say that a team wants to be a draw for top players so they will give a little money to these top players. The other players say it is good because the team is stronger and has a chance for more success.
The problem is when the players being paid have a poor game or don't show up to training, the others on the team start to bitch and you get a divide in the team that could kill the whole bound of the team.

In the WLA two teams in the league have money, Victoria and Coq., they pay the top players that also play pro in the winter lacrose league. These two teams have a lot of success with the paying of some top players buy not everyone on the team. I think it has been one of these two teams that has represented the WLA at the Mann Cup over the last ten years.

If you are going to pay one guy, then you should pay everyone, perhaps a performance bonus for everyone on the team. Just have to find the sugar daddy with all the money to pay these performance bonuses.

hos

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John,

WTF?

Not sure if Indo opened it for the MVP but I did hear they matched that other East Indian teams offer sheet for there 6'5" keeper

Kinda surprised you would post something like that.......Didar's been with the club for 10 yrs.........Anyhow, you heard wrong.

Sandman:rolleyes:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

Though you didn't answer my question as to why people think it is just ethnic teams that pay players I did find your response interesting..............especially the stuff about the WLA. At this level I wouldn't play with a group of guys that had some getting paid and others not and as you said, it usually blows up at some point of the year.

The teams in the WLA have some paid pro's on it as you mentioned so my next question is, the winter league that they play in and in some cases earn a living in, is it better than the "A" league the CAPS play in? They both have teams in Canada and the States. They both have "real" jobs to suppliment there income. My first thought is the lacrosse league is superior but I guess the real measure of worth would be the amount of money the players earn on average!

Cheers,

John

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aston aka John,

I guess I got PUNK'D

Bronco,

I didn't know I had to address you as well...........I look after the team books and there will not be any cheques written to Mr. Heald:mad:

Sandman

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0