Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps reach the finals AND WIN!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps pull off a 2-0 win over Montreal today, both goals scored in overtime. Next up the Rhinos in the finals.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Whitecaps reach the finals

Sebrango with the winner, pulls off the shirt during the celebration andpromptly gets his second yellow to get kicked out - misses the final now as well. Nice one :rolleyes:

Just read the final is in Rochester.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I listened to the game, mostly cuz Rino was listening to it while at our game. but it sounded as though it was all caps in OT.
how do they figure out where the final is to be played anyways?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

machel said:
how do they figure out where the final is to be played anyways?
I think they read about it on TTP like everyone else. :)

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

was listening to the Montreal feed.
The announcer was very biased. kept saying that the first goal was offside.
good on the caps.
did it in front of 11,000 or so away fans.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Whitecaps 3-0!

Congrats to all involved - I'll admit that that was one of the best displays I've seen put on by the local professional team in a long, long time. Greg Kerfoot deserves this championship as does to a certain extent Bob Lilley who must feel pretty good after hearing so-called soccer fans deriding his systems.

The Whitecaps organization are a shoe-in I think for Organization of the Year - Men and Women's champions!

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Jeff Clarke, he played a heck of game. That feed was bad, channedl 113 looked like it was filtered through the New York Islanders feed.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I enjoyed the match and thought the Caps were very well organized all over the pitch.

I give the whole team full marks and the game actually went by very fast with some pretty good football at times.

Congrats to the Caps on winning the big game!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clarkey did look good.

Agreed on the picture quality for FSWC - bloody awful! Though that could be a result of Shaw compressing the shite out of their digital channels resulting in it looking like crap on a HD TV.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game by the Caps and very enjoyable to watch. Hopefully Coach Kindel will bring some of his winning karma to SU girls for Nationals!!

The Roxy better be ready for a party tomorrow night!!

Congrats to all the guys!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah!
Big Ups to the Caps... Clark and Nash were immense through the middle of the park, the tv feed was bad, and the rain drops on the main camera lens didn't help either.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw some of the Cap games building up to the final and this was the 1st time I was actually impressed by a professional Vancouver team's play. You could sense that the Caps had tonnes of momentum going into the playoffs and they built from there.

How many people were at the final, 500?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Championi !!!

Congrats Whitecaps on a good second half of the season and a great run in the Cup... I guess the FVSL Allstars are much better than anything Rochester or Montreal could put together!?!;)
Greg Kurfoot (sp?) has done a brilliant job promoting this team and this game to local business and the media... Without his efforts and financial backing the championship and the proposed new downtown stadium would not be possible...

"White is the colour, soccer is the game" (we actually sang it in the pub on Saturday):D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0