Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Stadium: Waterfront Transit Hub Open Houses

FriendsofSoccer

Apr 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is seattle building a new stadium or are they commited to quest field?

The Sounders are committed to Qwest, and they control 100% of the revenues of the facility. The group that owns the Seattle Seahawks has at least a 25% stake in the Sounders, and have control of Qwest field.

That's by far the biggest difference between Qwest & BC Place for the Whitecaps. The Sounders will get revenue from tickets, boxes, concessions, parking, naming rights & other events. The Whitecaps will receive only a percentage of ticket revenues, while paying rent. The Sounders can control their schedule, while the Whitecaps have to be fit in amongst the trade shows and Lions games.

If you look at it that way, it's easy to see why they want their own stadium.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Polska meant "reaped" the benefits.. unless ghouse's new cologne really was that bad.:D

trece thx for clearing things up.... it was a late night for me. good to see the grammar police out in full force, keeping these threads clean.:D I am sure i will get more time for this than some of our repeat offenders out in the real world. As for Ghouse's cologne maybe a line of ACBC eau de toilet is not to far off. Best hair (besides Dude) Best Dressed and now best scent... It would definatley go along way to cover up that hippie lettuce smell coming from the ACBC back end.;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope, not the grammar police; just trying to clear up any misconceptions...

I'd suggest staying away from their back end too...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can not run a team like Caps out of BC Place. With all the trade shows and many other things. Club must have it own stadium. I realy do not understand the club. With all that free space in Burnabu to buy. To build a new stadium to be fare to all the people in lower mainland. Even a New West would be a good place. Add shops a night club and two three halls to rent out club can go long ways. You could have all that done in two three years. Down town politics will drive the owner mad. To the point that he will walk away from it all. Nash or not. I wish them luck. I realy think they are just playing games with Bob and the club. They have no iterast in changing anything. As long as the have power, sports like soccer will alway be bottom dvellers. We can stay posative all we want. I just do not see the BC place as a posative thing for soccer.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base you are a fcuking halfwit.

Try moving 10k-30k in and out of Burnaby or New West on the roads and with rapid transit. Good Luck to you. Where is this "lots of land" you speak of?

BC Place has had it's biggest ever crowds for soccer games.

You don't know what you are talking about, and I cannot imagine how grim your life must be that you occupy space and time posting fallacies and misinformation here.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
actually burnaby has lots of "open" land... however most of it is parkland - and burnaby's charter enforces some high percentage to stay parkland, mostly undeveloped... so someone with mr base's obvious grip on reality might think that there is lots there for the taking...

burnaby actually wouldn't be too bad for traffic if space could be found around a sky train station - but unlikely. surrey would be a much better location - around patullo bridge and scott road sky train station... too bad there ain't much of a view there, except of gangsters getting shot at the turn...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Mr. Base exists to give Johnny ulcers.

God has a plan for us all. She is indeed a real cnut sometimes.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all New west is the best place for a stadium. Along side of the river. It is just off of free way.That will take you to Surrey Langley Poco and othe places. With new bridge going in place it would make it an easy move. As far as folks from Richmond and Ladner via River rod is ok. All Jokes a side. It would be the best thing could happen in New West.
Coast would be half to down tow core. And sky train is right there for folks who do not want to drive. Also it would be central to all the folks in lower mainland. Games would be on weekend nights trafic is not very high. As you can see. St Luie is in for dam sure. And my gut feeling Ottawa is in Abama and our main man are friends. If we get in it would be miracle. Now to build a stadium and get in with Montreal it will be a chance. Montreal has showen that they can draw huge crouds. We wasted five years with down town politics. Not an good idea any more. I truly hope the owner does think about getting out of down town.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were exaclty would you put this stadium in new west?

it's pretty packed in already up here on the hill.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sure of exact location but a perfect place as it's central to all to make the games. They really need to think about this as driving 2 hours each way for some is a joke and wouldn't happen.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. base is again all wrong.

St Louis doesn't have the money, i could quote zillions of articles with Don Garber (I wonder if Mr. Base knows who he is) saying St Louis needs to find "deeper pockets"

The clincher is that nobody residing Downtown, in Van proper and north of that is going to come to New West to watch a game and make a night of it. That is why being close to DT proper is so imperative to the location of games and why Indy, The Lions, and everything else "rumored" to be moving to surrey doesn't happen.

All other major sports, save the NFL, that has built Stadia outside of Downtown Proper has problems drawing flys to their games, highlighted specifically by the Phoenix Coyotes building their rink in Glendale when they were drawing really well in Downtown Phoenix prior.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you google earth it, phoenix's stadium that is, you can see how far out of town it. as well as new jersey's stadium. yotes rink is in behind a ridge to. 1 long lonely road to town.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, the stadia are in Glendale Arizona.

It is like having GM place in Surrey and calling them the Vancouver Canucks.

They put the rinks there and started to try to build the hotels and nightlife around it, not the other way around, and everything but the NFL has suffered since. (NLL-NHL)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0