Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs Philly 20110326

Deutschland

Jan 15, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never thought I would hear an announcer as annoying as Kevin Weekes, but Martin Nash takes the cake. Mmmmm Cake

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terrible red card after the 2 tackles on Harris go without punishment

great save by Cannon to keep things level.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Verrrrry dissapointed with the officiating

Fell for all the SA fking dives and moans they were just shoveling that chite all game it was brutal. Once again the duo up front created well in what I thought was a very defensively played match. Didn't catch the refs last name although i'm sure it suarez or perez or guataloope whatever definitely needs to reevaluate himself after Harris gets butchered all over the park with no calls and then u give Hassli a 2nd yellow for Valdes best Lougainis impression. Thought the lads played well and Cannon with a great save of luis kept it close. I was more than satisfied in the effort they deserved better and hopefully next time the ref won't let himself become an outcome of the game. Renee woulda roped them in for sure ;)

cheers , the Rattler

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That referee was like that fcuking asian dude we get in div3, Tin Po I think. Absolutely brutal.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Diabolical decisions from the ref for 2 poofy fouls on big Hassli and like redwoods said above, the two fcuking butcher jobs on Harris, including a two footer from behind missing the ball altogether, goes unpunished & without as much as a foul... ffs...

hopefully the officiating is better on a weekly basis, this was typical of a CONCACAF WC qualification game between Canada and some small shite country who dive and steal and the ref gets sucked in.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ridiculous. Hassli should know better than to go in late with all of the cards flying around but it was soft and for the ref to miss the two tackles on Harris (the second of which was about three feet away) is an embarassment. Also had to shake my head at the lack of cards for three or four Philly players kicking the ball away 5 seconds after the whistle. As JBN said, all we can hope for is better officiating week to week. :mad::confused:

That said, lots of positives to take from that game. Backline looked solid even without DeMerit and Boxall. Philly didn't have a sniff at our goal until the red and even then didn't create a lot. Sick save by Cannon who had a good game overall. The work rate and tackling in midfield was great again.

And is it just me or did the goal look offside? The player on the right was on when the initial shot came through but Luiz was certainly in an offside position and stayed in the play before collecting the cross for the tap-in. Either way, good effort from the boys who deserved better. Already looking forward to next weekend...

GB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My money will be on Philadelphia who just defeated Houston in Houston........home game for them could mean a 3 - 1 loss for the boys.........especially with a couple of players absence......

At the end of the day, it was easy money......how many chances did the Whitecaps generate in the game?

That's about it............

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0