Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs Portland 20111002 - BC Place Home Opener

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, what can you say?

Probably the worst, uninspiring effort by this "team" this year. Utter pish.

At least the stadium is fcuking fantanstic. And props to the Southsiders who were loud and somewhat organised tonight... though the limp tree takedown still leaves a bit of the wienie factor for me. :)

Highlight of the night: seeing Hassli's bird in the beautiful people's section - she is a cracker! Has more tatties than Eric (seriously) which was oddly arousing... as was the bird doing TV work on the sidelines in front of us :)

The subroof actually worked out I thought. The Whitecaps banners cover some parts of sections in the lower bowl though were odd - did they run out of ink? they looked faint and limp, much like the team on the pitch.

No lineups for pints anywhere I could see, but was it just me or were they even more expensive (and smaller) than at Empire?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, thanks but just wanted to let you know that I didn't make it to the game today. After watching your clip though I am glad that I didn't rush out to it and am actually disappointed that I can't take back the 7 minutes it cost me to watch the video you put on!!;)

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Request to Soehn:

- No more DP strikers until back line is fixed.
- Bring a top shelf CB
- Rochat on LB
- Harvey on bench... although he played his first solid match today.
- More Long Tan. Hell the season is baked. Get some energy and youth out there.
- Less Vagenas.
- Refund for bringing in Jarju
- Start with your strongest line-up - even though it means sitting your personal favourites

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the back line was shocking today, all stage 5 clingers, wouldn't let go of a jersey if their lives depended on it. Stadium unreal glad to have it in vancouver. Glad to here the southsiders were loud, near you regs, but I couldn't hear them in the north end at all. I really think the southsiders should take a page out of the timber army's and ecs playbooks. 2 weeks in a row our fans have been drowned out but the visitors. unacceptable in a home town honestly. I always enjoyed the southsiders and the march, but after seeing seattle and portland, just like our team on the pitch, we have a long ways to go.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Harvey played well!? Surely to fcuk you are joking, he was the worst "footballer" on the park today, absolutely GASH.

Hassli and Dede look to have checked out, they wouldn't share the ball and looked genuinely disinterested.

waste of time and money.

I'm not renewing my tix next year if Soehn is still employed by the club. He brought in jarju and the rest of that riff raff, and jarju is a fraud of the highest order as well as Brovsky and Harvey.

How did they cut Akloul and Knight and keep these donkeys?!

Knight is in L'impact camp right now. it would be sweet justice to see him score vs the Caps at BC Place next year.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did they cut Akloul and Knight and keep these donkeys?!

Knight is in L'impact camp right now. it would be sweet justice to see him score vs the Caps at BC Place next year.

You have half an argument regarding Akloul. The backline has been a disaster from day one. Wes Knight is a plonker of the highest order, and everyone besides the Southsiders sees that! Speaking of said hooligans,;) how was your treatment at BC Place vs Empire? Are you still being "harrassed"? :rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They let us stand in our section! I hated sitting, and Empire we got in shite. Now security moves complainers to other sections so they can sit. If the product on the pitch wasn't so god awful, and a can of beer wasn't $8.50 I would have had the perfect time. Stadium is awesome!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
They let us stand in our section! I hated sitting, and Empire we got in shite. Now security moves complainers to other sections so they can sit. If the product on the pitch wasn't so god awful, and a can of beer wasn't $8.50 I would have had the perfect time. Stadium is awesome!

Stallchone,

The great part of being dt is pre-game drinks! So many bars to choose from nevermind a buddy's place for cents on the dollar boozing! But yes, the beer is expensive and crappy...

Tried the fish and chips, won't do that again. Would be nice to see some QUALITY vendors (foodwise) at BC Place. I'm sick of dirty dogs and sloppy burgers...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco, I wasn't with the SS'ers, my "partner in tickets" didn't pick up our new seats while I was away travelling last week and I simply ran out of time, luckily one of my teammates had a spare beside him, bastard won a free suit from HSM at halftime :) so the day wasn't a total writeoff.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallchone,

The great part of being dt is pre-game drinks! So many bars to choose from nevermind a buddy's place for cents on the dollar boozing! But yes, the beer is expensive and crappy...

Tried the fish and chips, won't do that again. Would be nice to see some QUALITY vendors (foodwise) at BC Place. I'm sick of dirty dogs and sloppy burgers...

There is a Vij's stand near my section (221)

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thx Dezzarello!

Didn't have a chance to walk around and check everything out but will do on Thursday!

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip eating at BC place. Robson St. has the most amazing quick and excellent food selection. Grab a bite before or after the match; during should be avoided at all cost.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took the game in with foursix and a buddy and his boy. Our seats are outstanding. We had an incredible view of the garbage that was on display.
Sec 209 Row A Seats 1-4.jpg
Highlight of the game - me telling the security guard that if i get a match ball im keeping it. He said OK. 10 minutes later at the end of the game, one of the Timbers was dribbling one by and I motioned to him to toss it up. He chipped it to me. The kids were so pumped. Security guard shook his head and covered his eyes... and we left with a fantastic souvenir.

It was amazing. A ball was hit to me and managed to NOT drop it!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip eating at BC place. Robson St. has the most amazing quick and excellent food selection. Grab a bite before or after the match; during should be avoided at all cost.

Not always possible, some people have a busy schedule ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took the game in with foursix and a buddy and his boy. Our seats are outstanding. We had an incredible view of the garbage that was on display.
View attachment 8656
Highlight of the game - me telling the security guard that if i get a match ball im keeping it. He said OK. 10 minutes later at the end of the game, one of the Timbers was dribbling one by and I motioned to him to toss it up. He chipped it to me. The kids were so pumped. Security guard shook his head and covered his eyes... and we left with a fantastic souvenir.

Very nice! I was wondering where you'd be along the front row, couldn't figure out if you were in the section with all the tables on it, or the front row of the actual stands.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm... how did you manage to get your seats at BC Place near the goal line?!?!

I'm level with the PK spot now!

You got hosed I think, I thought you were supposed to be across the aisle?
View attachment 8656

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we picked this spot specifically as it is the closest to the pitch (due to the curve of the stands)... and right on the aisle. and we like yelling at the guys taking the corner kicks (my boy was yelling "your shoe is untied"... "sorry about living in portland"... etc). also, with the kids sporadic and un-synchronized piss breaks, aisle seats are mandatory. they gave me penalty spot seats at empire as they originally had me on the aisle but way behind the net. those too were great seats but i am very happy where we are now. once burnro has had a look at the seats, he can confirm if he wants to stay there or move. we already renewed for next year so our "re-selection" priority is a the very top, and will have first pick of available seats come the end of the season.

pregame thursday at library square, anyone? should be packed as the nucks are also playing the season opener vs penguins at the same time.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
pregame thursday at library square, anyone? should be packed as the nucks are also playing the season opener vs penguins at the same time.

Let's co-ordinate with Mr. KPMG and my section...that sounds like a good plan. Typically we go to Mahony & Sons.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0