Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs S.J. Earthquakes 20110720 (TSN)

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps will win first road game tonight.

2-1 final with newbie The lion king (Mustpha Jarju) scoring the winner

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Whitecaps vs S.J. Earthquacks 20110720 (TSN)

I'd agree with that prediction. SJ are terrible, but so are the Caps... so at worst it will be a draw ;)

Deutschland

Jan 15, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict the ghost of Dunfield to haunt the Caps with back passes to no one, forward passes to opposing defenders, and penalty kicks shot so slowly even Jay Nolly could stop them. Hoping for a victory though

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say Janicki is a fcuking pilon but as far as I know, pilons are not capable of fouling people with the same consistency as him and I'm even more sure they don't head the other team in on breakaways with 10 minutes left in a tie game.

Looking sketchy as all get-out in the back but pretty good going forward.

And speaking of idiots, apparently Becks took a yellow in the '92 minute for time-wasting and will miss the game in Vancouver due to suspension.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
reedies mob would beat or at minimum get a result vs the Caps.

They can score, at least Hassli can.. but they cannot defend.

What's with Soehn taking Hassli off with 10 or so to go!? Playing for the draw when you have SJ on the ropes?
Salinas looked class tonight. Defense....the only, and I mean ONLY, foot that was put right tonight was Janicki's game saving tackle at the death.

Camilo looked very lively again...when in midfield but was almost hopeless by himself up front at the end. Koffie might have had his best game as a Cap tonight, as did Vagenas. That could have been a red card to Ring (IIRC) for the elbow to Vag's face, at least Hassli and Koffie have been sent off this year for less.

Cannon looked dodgy and Brovsky was completely out his depth.

If the Caps can suss a proper midfield partner to pair with Koffie and get Demerit fit for once the Caps could be a mid pack team, but until they get the help through the heart of the park that's about as good a game as you're going to see from them imho.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lot's of positives except for one glaring item: THE BACKLINE

Why was Rochat scratched? Another training-related injury?!?!?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was up with the improper footwear tonight?... Brovsky slipped on both SJ goals. We used to call them six-studs.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear what you're saying Luch, however I saw a lot more slipping and missteps by Quakes players tonight than Caps... Camilo had the one he screwed wide as he lost footing when he planted and both goals were off of Brovsky being out of position and slipping when trying desperately to get back into position.

The Blond Afro guy slipped at least twice in scoring positions...

So much for home field advantage: Which leads to another point...what was there? 5000 people there? It looked like Swangard ffs... This is "Big League?"

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Optics were bad, that's all I'm saying.

Pitch looked good, if not a bit slick and slippy. But the stands and stadium looked awful and especially so with more empty seats than full ones.

Deutschland

Jan 15, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard they are planning to build a new stadium close to the airport in the next few years, so expect a lot more empty seats.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear what you're saying Luch, however I saw a lot more slipping and missteps by Quakes players tonight than Caps... Camilo had the one he screwed wide as he lost footing when he planted and both goals were off of Brovsky being out of position and slipping when trying desperately to get back into position.

The Blond Afro guy slipped at least twice in scoring positions...

So much for home field advantage: Which leads to another point...what was there? 5000 people there? It looked like Swangard ffs... This is "Big League?"

JBN... I blame the kids with their new fangled boots.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone tell me why cannon's jersey had no whitecaps logo on it? it looked bush league...
hell of a game to watch though, score wasn't what i wanted but for enteratinment purpose it was one of the best mls games i've watched.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone tell me why cannon's jersey had no whitecaps logo on it? it looked bush league...
hell of a game to watch though, score wasn't what i wanted but for enteratinment purpose it was one of the best mls games i've watched.

Ya bro...would you want to wear that logo? Just sayin'...we blow.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Four Whitecaps jerseys were "lost in transit" on the way to San Jose, Cannon, Hassli, and two others, just before game time Whitecaps 'borrowed" jerseys from travelling Vancouver fans and had the San Jose staff sew in the names and numbers....pretty funny...or bush league if you want...Whitecaps signed the used jerseys and returned them to the fans, along with another set of jerseys and golf shirts..life in the "big leagues"

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0