Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs Union 20110618

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally a win!!!

Thought the big 4 for the Caps were great.

Unfortunately, I think until they sort out the middle of the park, it is going to be difficult to get more consistent wins.

Ballbaby will disagree but I thought Dunfield was poor again tonight. Needless giveaways and always plays backwards... I watched him for a bit and noticed it is very rare that he gets tight to anyone. I also thought it was a bit much when he had a bit of a go at Rochat in the first half for not doing I don't know what (he won a throw-in)?

Anyways, enjoyable night as the rains held off and 3 points are 3 points.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great win tonight for the caps as it was enjoyable that the rains held and Rochat had a cracker of a goal to top it off. IMO the bruce grobbelar award of the evening would go to TTD (Terrible Terry Dunfield) for almost gifting the opposing team 2 goals and countless midfield turnovers that had to be saved by the back 4 . I think a new drinking game should be in order and that would be take a drink everytime TTD turns the ball over , everyone would be gassed by half. As much that it's great that he's a local product there's only one thing you do with cancer and that's cut it out ! Dunfield has to go and it is painfully obvious. Hope all enjoyed the match onto the next one !

cheers , the rattler

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately Hassli's left peg isn't quite as good a his right ... A big win however. Dunfield as always did very well going back ;).

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dunfield's brutal giveaway with about 10 to go was scary, but I thought he looked better tonight than other nights recently.

Is Demerit good enough? Fcuk me, he's solid back there. I wish he was Canadian. He'd look terrific in a red jersey.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense but Dunfield was ****ing rotten again. :( Koffee should be in there instead of him.......though he commited a couple of silly fouls upon coming on the field in dangerous positions.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great result (finally) for the home team, but wow, did they ever get there the hard way...

Nice left pegger by Rochat. Wish he was as good defensively - Philly's best offensive chances all came down the wings, with the Caps' outside backs seemingly either trapped too far upfield or just too slow getting back to defend. Still a work in progress, methinks, but too frequent.

Dunfield is a bit of a trainwreck in the middle. The club needs somebody a bit calmer with the ball at feet, and more tenacious winning it when it ain't at feet.

Man in the middle was a bit clueless with a couple of quite daft calls...

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thought the Caps were lucky to hold on to that victory tonight but a win is a win.

I agree with C-Shamrock, Trece V and regs.............Dunfield is rubbish!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sentiments above are spot on. How is he playing for Canada? Is ther somehting that the coaches see that all of us are missing?

Anyone think that last nights game has a quicker pace to it? They seemed to move the ball quicker and overall just looked better.
Past games i've been to seemed to be them holding the ball and slowly plodding up the park with small passes. Almost seemed like a bit of urgency from start to finish last night.
Hassli seemed to have more interest as well and played the best game i've seen as far as moving and getting involved and getting chances.

By far the most entertaining game for us.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps a bit lucky to hang on at the end, especially with giveaways like Dunfield's with 10 to go.

Of course they should have had a much easier finish because Hassli should have put them 2-0 on the setup from Salinas in the 1st half. Seriously how do you miss that when you're the DP goalscorer who's getting paid almost a million dollars? That was on a platter, and he didn't even hit the net! :(

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps a bit lucky to hang on at the end, especially with giveaways like Dunfield's with 10 to go.

Of course they should have had a much easier finish because Hassli should have put them 2-0 on the setup from Salinas in the 1st half. Seriously how do you miss that when you're the DP goalscorer who's getting paid almost a million dollars? That was on a platter, and he didn't even hit the net! :(

The same way Carlos Tevez missed an open net tap from 12 yards out by shooting it over the bar. Everybody misses chances, unless Luongo is in net.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did he miss? Left footer, tried to open his foot up and couldn't hit the ball on the sweet spot, so it curled off in the wrong direction. There were other chances that should have been finished as well, and not all Hassli's.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another player that I thought didn't look that great was Camilo. Kalfan looked way better in the last 20 or so that he played. Brovsky looked a little better than earlier in the year. Now if they can take Dunfield and Camilo out and replace them with Koffie and Kalfan then they might have a chance at winning consistently. The Boxall/DeMerit combo looked decent but Boxall still needs a little grooming. Two positions they really need to improve on that I saw yesterday are DM and another CB to play with DeMerit. First game out yesterday and it was great. Now need to get out to a lot more.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another player that I thought didn't look that great was Camilo. Kalfan looked way better in the last 20 or so that he played. Brovsky looked a little better than earlier in the year. Now if they can take Dunfield and Camilo out and replace them with Koffie and Kalfan then they might have a chance at winning consistently. The Boxall/DeMerit combo looked decent but Boxall still needs a little grooming. Two positions they really need to improve on that I saw yesterday are DM and another CB to play with DeMerit. First game out yesterday and it was great. Now need to get out to a lot more.

Khalfan is terrible. Great to run his balls off in the last 10 minutes to protect a lead and.... that's about all.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally a win!!!

Thought the big 4 for the Caps were great.

Unfortunately, I think until they sort out the middle of the park, it is going to be difficult to get more consistent wins.

Ballbaby will disagree but I thought Dunfield was poor again tonight. Needless giveaways and always plays backwards... I watched him for a bit and noticed it is very rare that he gets tight to anyone. I also thought it was a bit much when he had a bit of a go at Rochat in the first half for not doing I don't know what (he won a throw-in)?

Anyways, enjoyable night as the rains held off and 3 points are 3 points.

I do disagree to a point. I see what everyone else does about Dunfield, but he does serve a purpose. Last night he gave them decent structure, pressured well (not tight I know), forced the opponent into areas where he had support and forced some turnovers. He won a couple of tackles and helped the team keep possession. Having said all that, there are a plethora of players who can do the same thing. His contribution can be seen as negative or positive, depending on the philosophy of the day. He maintains the complexion of the game but can't change it. If the team is playing mediocre, he will maintain mediocrity. If the team is playing well, he will maintain well. He cannot impact and change a game. But he did serve a purpose yesterday. The turnover was ridiculous.

Hoping I save some credibility here because Regs sentiments are shared by so many and I wonder what his future holds.

It was a good game to watch.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do disagree to a point. I see what everyone else does about Dunfield, but he does serve a purpose. Last night he gave them decent structure, pressured well (not tight I know), forced the opponent into areas where he had support and forced some turnovers. He won a couple of tackles and helped the team keep possession. Having said all that, there are a plethora of players who can do the same thing. His contribution can be seen as negative or positive, depending on the philosophy of the day. He maintains the complexion of the game but can't change it. If the team is playing mediocre, he will maintain mediocrity. If the team is playing well, he will maintain well. He cannot impact and change a game. But he did serve a purpose yesterday. The turnover was ridiculous.

Hoping I save some credibility here because Regs sentiments are shared by so many and I wonder what his future holds.

It was a good game to watch but Dunfield was rubbish. :D ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dunfield playing for Canada, and well purportedly, just shows how bad our CMNT truly is when he struggles as he does for the Whitecaps.

They have GOT to find a replacement for him.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not a raving endorsement for a starting CM. What I read here is that he is useful, but not a game changer. What I see is a player that may just be better coming off the bench at this level.

If Caps management shares this opinion, there has to be a big signing on the way.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0