Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps will play full season at empire [not official]

geezer

Aug 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Whitecaps will play full season at empire

It would be best if they stay out of the concrete obsoleteness that is BC Place, I hope they do.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why?

What makes you say this, do you have some info to share for everyone?

Yes.

1) Material Shortage (China for most part)
2) Wrong materials Ordered/Delivered (China for most part)
3) Damaged material in transit
4) Contractors Unable to find cheap labor (No comment cough cough Mexico)
5) Scoreboard yet to be purchased(still in a tendor)
6) Scoreboard must be in building before roof goes on
7) Major Issues getting material through downtown core
8) Temp field deal extended at empire for all 2011 <--- ???
9) Due date bumped from spring to fall(mid to late September)

There is some footage on you tube some where of Ea sports actually letting the cat out of the bag a bit. I Honestly don't think they ever had the white caps in plans for this year. Focus is to Get this done for the Grey cup and they are cutting really close.

IMO the GREY CUP will be the first game played at the new BC place

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting - is this documented somewhere online?

I'm sure you can find some of it but most is second party info from 2 different sources dealing with 2 aspects of the project.

1) A Scaffold Company involved in the project

2) The truck/trailer company that rents out the chassis to Pavco.

Regs,

Nobody has come out and said anything public that i am aware of. You can take it for what its worth from me. (probably not much)
But when taking all these factors in to play i draw this conclusion. I wont drop any names on here or anywhere for that matter. I hope you can respect that.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
He says...there are "... very unique aspects to the erection and the lifting of these very large elements."

Story of my life :rolleyes:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm good with the 'caps playing the whole season at Empire (closer to home ;))... the only issue I'll have is if section 210 isn't undercover and we get some shite weather for the late season matches :(.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Lions were up here for training camp last year. I had a lot to do with field prep for them and was chatting with some equipment guys quite a bit. They mentioned that the Stadium was already a year behind in June.

Empire looks like a great little stadium anyway. Too bad it couldn't stay.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. I heard a news blip a couple days ago about how the Lions may be back into BC Place by late October. I guess it's Empire for the entire Caps season. Now to see where the seat transfers go. I'll be pissed if I lose my aisle seats.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i wonder if there will be any rebate given back to season ticket holders? Purchases were based on bc place, no? How about the corporate hospitality packages? I'm sure there will be a few customers making issue out of this.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I asked about that,and they said there will be a rebate.

I asked about the first few games back before I new it was going to be so long they told me the club seats would have a rebate only (no service at Empire and smaller seats), may have changed with the news of empire for the entire season. I am curious to see how the seats move venues.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0