Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the Worst Hockey Analyst/Color Man?

Who is the Worst Hockey Analyst/Color Man?

• John Garret

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Kelly Hrudey

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Bob Mackenzie

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Harry Neale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scott Morrison

• Kay Whitmore

• Kevin Constantine

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Nick Kypreos

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • James Duthie

• Dennis Beyack

• Gary Valk

• Glen Healy

• Greg Millen

Votes: 17 43.6%

• Total voters

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This topic has surfaced in a variety of threads lately. I decided to pick two representatives from each major station - CBC, Sportsnet, TSN and The Score - but a few notables will be left out. Those in consideration were:

Kelly Hrudey, CBC
Bob McKenzie, TSN
Scott Morrison, Sportsnet
Kay Whitmore, The Score

But they're actually the cream of the crop compared to a few of these geniuses. I, like most others, can't stand Millen. I think he has a hate on for Vancouver or Burke, I can't figure out which, but he's the most negative guy and his "predictions" are nothing more than repeating what's already happened and tagging on a "I thought that was going to happen" on the end of it.

Neale is just annoying with the hard-on he has for the Leafs. Duthie and Constantine should be shot for the brutal between-period performances they put on. Garret is a whiny prick who should thank his lucky stars he's working with a class act like Hughson. Kypreos has obviously taken waaaay too many shots to the dome and he keeps defending the likes of Domi and Tucker for their goon antics. Beyak should be fired for nothing else that proclaiming that the Leafs were going to win the Stanley Cup, and Garry Valk has a bad, bad stuttering problem. A problem which is highlighted by his bad, bad grammatical skills.

So go ahead. Vote away.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do we vote?;)

You should have put Glen Healy on that list. Fcuk was he brutal during the Edmonton - Dallas series.

Millen does hate the Canucks for some reason. I'd like to hear why. Maybe he put in for Shorty's job and was laughed at or something.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry

I did spell that wrong didn't I.

Sorry, I had to delete that post TR because I re-read the poll and it's for Analysts and Color Men, not Play-by-Play so Randork, as bad as he is, doesn't count.

Constantine is definately the worst of the "Analysts/ColorMen.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Rob.

Two things. It's Beyak, not however you spelled it. And you didn't put Greg Millen on the list, and he's the one who's had the most complaints thus far on TTP.

Thanks again.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a great idea, but where is the multiple vote button? Is it me or were there ALLOT of out of work talent less goalee's for hire? You should also add Kick fcuking Mclean to the list for his AWFUL trivia bit he does with the drunks in the private bar at GM place. He sucks. Valk and Healy, Whitmore who I head also sucks, but a different kind of sucking and his other buddy (insert name here) should all be shot. It would be far more entertaining than the shite they are putting out now.

I'd rather watch Bill Walton tell me another rookie is going to be the greatest of all time at something than watch these keepers do another intermission segment and that's a serious statement if I ever did have one.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yikes!

If you'd rather watch Bill Walton then they must be bad.

The worst guy to have to listen to is Ryan Walter. This guy tells the worst stories. "When I was roommates with him he used to tie his shoelaces on his right shoe first, then do his left shoe. Really weird guy he was"

Tell a ****ing story that someone actually cares about!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kelly Hrudey has actually improved as time has passed. When he first came on a few years ago, he was a bit of a nightmare. But in recent times, he has actually become rather palatable thanks to his willingness to give opinions. He used to try to walk the fence but now he often has interesting things to say.

Kypreos (or however you spell his name) is a complete idiot. He gets my vote -- just ahead of Millen.

If Walter were a possible selection, however . . . . :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Keeper's assessment of KH. I enjoy what he says these days and look forward to his time on the tube.

I voted for Millen for reasons mentioned by others here. Highly negative and the "I knew that was gonna happen" is the most annoying things these days.

However, the worst of the worst has to be Barry Melrose on ESPN telecasts :mad: If you ever get a chance to watch some games on US Satelite, well, don't have the sound on and make sure you take an extra long piss between periods!

Fcuking mullet-head.

~Regs.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great thread. I agree with the previous two opinions on Hrudey, he is getting better. Millen is obviously a dickhead as are the otheres. I find Garrett to be annoying in a bumbling, clownish way. Hughson must shake his freaking head sometimes when Garret is going on and on about making some rule change he dreamt about the night before. Hughson does make me laugh though when he winds Garret right up to warp speed then cuts him off to do the play-by-play. Brilliant stuff Jimmy! Rota and Walters were consistently awful. Rota would down bottles of rye with Robson and then insist on saying the word 'lackadaisical'. I should say he would insist on trying to say lackadaisical. I remember someone interviewing John Davidson (who is pretty good actually) and they asked him why goalies make such good color commentators. I almost jumped through the freaking t.v. screen. Who says they make good analysts? There seem to be a lot of them hired but that don't mean they're doing a good job. Anyway, muppet Millen has my vote.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
perspective...........

When you've got an all-star team of Larscheid, Millen, Garrett, Ryan 'I got 18 kids' Walter, and Kypreos, spare a thought for those of us who live in the future and get play-by-play and analysis by British 'ice hockey' experts. If I had a pound for the number of times I've had to tell someone that, when talking to a Canadian, one must never insert the word 'ice' before hockey............ I'd have £3,564.00 by now. At least.

Think that Tommy Smyth cnut off ESPN for the Champion's League football.

And how's this for a double-edged sword? Tonight my Friday night will be spent legging it from work at 4:56 down the boozer for two cheeky pints with the future wife and then back chez casa Fastshow for a kip before getting up at 2:30am and driving the 19.7 miles out to Purfleet in Essex in time for the 3:30am Canucks/Wild face-off chez casa Beanbag. Hockey night in Essex my arse. The flipside to all this, however, is that, barring overtime, we'll be teeing off at 6:40 on a brand new course in Basildon.

So, when the Canucks hoist Lord Stanley's bedpan, keep in mind the parade route is required to encompass South London and Essex.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have yet to hear James Duthie actually say anything about the hockey game that is going on. He talks about everything else and tries to be funny but yet I have not laughed!!:eek:

Parkhead

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad Cherry

The Leafs are done right, But Don "Bubba" Cherry wants to talk about what went wrong and what changes will take place next year. He also wants to add that they didn't have a team party right after the game. OK Don, the Leafs suck, they are out, talk about the Nucks and Sens please.

HOS would rather hear from Howie Mecker and his magic marker at the 1st intermision, than Bubba now.

HOS

Any beer with Don Cherry on the Label is on my Banned List, unless all other beer is sold out:eek:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shoot the Puck!! Shoot the Puck Hos!!! You can not score if you don't "Shoot the Puck" !!:D

Parkhead

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
During the first period, Millen wouldn't shut-up about the Wild and the little things they do perfectly down low... very perplexing since when he was saying this, the Nucks cycled the puck to perfection and got 2 good scoring chances... I-D-I-O-T :rolleyes:

Second period the Nucks dominate and I'm thinking "hang on... I don't hear Millen saying a thing". Seriously, it's like he went for a 20 minute slash :rolleyes:

Start of the thrid, the Wild score and Millen is squealling like a little fcuking schoolgirl saying how the Wild are playing to perfection :mad:

I don't think I'm going to be able to handle another full series of this muppet... :mad:

~Regs.

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should e-mail CBC to find out why we get Millen since he clearly hates the nucks.

But have you had the chance/ bad luck to hear TSN's Pierre Maquire? This guy is brutal. Everything is over the top. He wants to be another Howie Meeker, without realizing he doesn't have the goods to be Howie. He might be worse than Millen simply because his voice has the same effect as nails on the chalkboard, and you want to put your foot throigh the fcuking screen.

Add him to your list TB.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely Millen with Kypreos as a close second and Mclean as the show horse. Another bet the Captain would not have won. The funny thing about Millen is that if he ever does say a good thing about the Canucks, there were I think two in the entire St Louis series, it sticks like a sore thumb and makes you do a double take. He was awful last year against Detroit but he may be even worse this year.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0