Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Who will get promoted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who do you guys think will get promoted to Div 1 next year? quite a few teams have a good chance, whats your opinion?

GN Sporting
C-Men Lions
Green Devils
Bombastic SC
Yaletown FC
NK Hrvat

any others?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat.

I heard that everyone's favourite chatterbox Croatian coach that previously lead them to the Div 2 Cup championship and promotion to Div 1 is back in charge this year.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's far too early to tell. There haven't really been any games in A or B that could be seen as potential deciders, with the possible exception of our match with Rangers. We don't play NK until Week 9, after which other results should make things a bit clearer. Signmaster have only played one game in 2B. Group C should go down to the wire, with a lot of experienced teams that can take points off one another. Definitely this year's Group of Death.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The parity in 2B is crazy...with no run-away team I bet. Signmaster are the same bunch but slightly weaker and I don't think they'll be the one at the top by year's end. Bombastic is out to a good start but again, don't think they'll be there at the end. My picks from 2B that will be in the hunt at year's end: Douglas Park, Shaheen and PG Rangers. I think everyone will take points off everyone so it will be a battle between the top 7 teams.

I think more importantly...is there anyone in 2B that can get promoted and actually stay up in Div 1 more than 1 year and the answer is NO! Especially next season with the changes the has league made. I'm actually looking forward to Div 2 next year when the quality jumps up and we get better competition throughout the division...and tossing the B United's of the world down to Div 3.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget Squamish in 2B - they seem to be a force to be reckoned with. We'll see if we can fend of the Squamishian Ones this weekend sans our keeper :mad:

Fileh

Jan 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that 2A is the strongest with the likes of Yaletown , Rangers FC, PCOV, NK Hrvat, Norvans (despite the bad results at the beginning of the season).

I can't say much about 2B.

The fact that we will have playoffs to decide who gets promoted makes everything less previsible. I believe the teams which are coming from stronger groups will have more rhythm and confidence at this stage.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the teams which are coming from stronger groups will have more rhythm and confidence at this stage.
I think a more likely source for rhythm and confidence will be actually playing consistently in the weeks before the playoffs. The way things usually turn out in the spring, field closures and postponements mean that one team will have been playing almost weekly, while another will have been sitting on their ass for over a month. That often figures into the cup, and could well also affect playoffs.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think Shaheen has already dropped too many pts to be going up, however the parity in 2B may work in their favor as the season goes on (they have played the toughest schedule so far by the looks of it).
Bombastic looks good at this point and it is too early to know how Signmaster and PG Rangers will be..
Squamish looks solid so far.
I say it is will likely be between:
Squamish
Bombastic
Sigmaster
PGR
DPR

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think Shaheen has already dropped too many pts to be going up, however the parity in 2B may work in their favor as the season goes on (they have played the toughest schedule so far by the looks of it).
Bombastic looks good at this point and it is too early to know how Signmaster and PG Rangers will be..
Squamish looks solid so far.
I say it is will likely be between:
Squamish
Bombastic
Sigmaster
PGR
DPR

Way to name 1/2 the teams in the group!! Everyone without a loss in their first 2 or 3 games.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully PGR doesn't win for sure...and I play for them! Second place would be where we'd want to end up :)

Normally dropping points like a the tie to WV is death if you really want promotion but our division is so tight that it doesn't really matter in my opinion. We'll just have to let the season develop a bit more and see if anyone really stands out...but looking at the results so far I'm thinking not. Could be the lowest point total for a promted team ever!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not if you tie another team in the promotion hunt. It just keeps you on level terms.

Lowest point total for a group winner maybe, which this year does not guarantee promo as only two Div 2 teams will be going up.

Was there a decision made at the beginning of the year how that works? 3-way playoff at the end?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was there a decision made at the beginning of the year how that works? 3-way playoff at the end?
I seem to recall that being the solution they came up with. Which means, Bandcamp, that your goal should be first place, and then to choke in the playoffs :D

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too true. We all want to win all of our games but we just don't want to get promoted (and I really don't think we're one of the teams in the running) as div 1 is a huge jump that requires a totally different level of committment.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
blazearmy;
i said it is too early to tell how 2 of the teams will be, but you cant count them out of the running. really too early to know who the frontrunners are, or even will be...
easier to pick relegation: hands down B United...

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too true. We all want to win all of our games but we just don't want to get promoted (and I really don't think we're one of the teams in the running) as div 1 is a huge jump that requires a totally different level of committment.
That's why you need a situation like we had in 2C a couple years back with Sporting Punjab. Aside from the two matches we dropped against them, we were 14-1-1, with the second-highest points total in the league, but managed to *escape* promo. Due to turnover, we would have gotten absolutely killed in Div. 1 last year. :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0