Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Who's gonna give ND Lions their first loss of the season?

Who will be the first to beat the undefeated North Delta Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those North Delta Lions don't seem to wanna quit. Still undefeated after 5 weeks 16 goals for and only 3 against. Wow, they must really be good!!
Or just damn lucky.
As far as i know, nobody on TTP to gloat about it so we can say whatever the hell we want about them.

Two of those wins were gimmes against GN and Sikh (no offense), but they've also beaten some tough teams like Poco and PAU (there old but still pretty good).
They still have big games against Chili, Delta Metro, and the always powerful GEU. :rolleyes:

So my question to you is, who's gonna be the first to knock them off their high horse?

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I understand half of their team is the premier team but when we played them you couldn't tell. Both teams scored ugly goals and they just happened to score the last one. Chilliwack could have a chance assuming Cryuff doesn't play. I also like Whalley's chances they've been unlucky on a few results this year.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A vote for the Lions to stay undefeated comes from an ex-teammate. How interesting.
Is he planning a return to the Lions after his horendous performance on Sunday against GEU? Or maybe because they have a tonne of subs and his playing time isn't what is was with the Lions.

Fill us in!!

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
assuming langley can't get the job done this weekend, the wack will hand them thier first loss next weekend.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I asked the same question.
I guess the CAT division is not worthy to be on it's own.

:rolleyes:

I say, if you have a problem with it then PM a moderator and ask that it be on it's own!

:D

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
November 7th, 2004 - Mark it in your calendars.

Yoda,
Next time you enter a suicide pool, do not get the ND Lions teams mixed up. The suicide pool was for Premier not CAT.

Silly Silly Yoda. ;)

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ArroyoBunk said:
assuming langley can't get the job done this weekend, the wack will hand them thier first loss next weekend.

Looks like you don't have the abitlity to look into the future...

Tell you the truth I'm actually shocked by the attention the CAT league is recieving form all you cnuts. For the Lions it is a place for the few young players to get touches, premier guys who are a little rusty to get a run and a place where we can go undefeated :p .CONFIDENCE BOOSTER!

Don't forget this used to be our home and we won the CAT league before :rolleyes:

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't be so ****y if i was a premier guy and barely had a hold of the CAT division... you've only got a three point lead on the real CAT teams. Considering you run a half and half line-up by this point you should be stretching that lead out. Boast away while you lead, that's fair. I mean it's nice to be able to celebrate somewhere ;)

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Half-Half

Cryuff, i don't know how many games of ours you've watched, either premier or CAT, if any, but we normally have at the most 3 premier players on the field at once, and the majority of that time one of those spots is taken up in net....sure we might have up to 5 or 6 premier players at the game but for the most part, they are there to give the cat players a couple minutes of rest (the exception was against whalley in the first game, when we had a few extra premier players playing due to others holiday's and family commitments)

i don't know if it's me, but when we played in the CAT league two years ago as an independant team ( as did the storm ), the majority of the teams had premier players out, either for fun or to get back to form after an injury. i also don't remember hearing anything about it either.

Question (I think this was asked earlier, but not too many responses came from it): How does each club view it's CAT team:
Is it just another team in the club that just happens to play in the CAT division because they needed a team?
Is the team used to develop the club's youth players?
Do the CAT teams train with their premier teams?

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Half-Half

The CAT squads are supposed to be the Premier Reserve squads and are supposed to be one of the cornerstones of building a healthy and successful Club system. In years past, Clubs that had a number of teams in the various divisions used to operate their teams in isolation from each other. This used to breed a lot of negative, anti-club mentalities, which was arguably not very good for developing healthy soccer clubs. It also presented a very negative image for the many youth players who aspired (or did not after witnessing the negativity) to be a part of the Club when they became of age and/or attained the talent to play at that level. I can recall many incidents where a Div. 1 player(s) spoke ill of the guys who played on the Premier side or looked down on the guys who played Div. 2. It made it almost impossible to build Club Camraderie, which in turn, meant no real long-term future for the club, since there was no real way to make new guys feel like they were a part of the club, nor was there any way to recognize the contributions of the veterans who had aged out of the competitiveness. The very same people that were being looked down on when they were "coming up" to the Premier level had no incentive to respect, or remember the very same guys as they were aging out. In short, the clubs were in risk of dying out, and the situation in the Fraser Valley league was starting to deteriorate drastically.

The solution was, as I understand it, to create a CAT division, which would promote a Club system, where the best 12-16 players, within a club, would play at the Premier level for that week, while the others would play in the CAT game. Since the CAT side is a little bit slower than the Premier side, it would also allow for the movement of players "up" or "down" to allow for injury rehab, player development or player "attitude adjustment", as well as helping to create a Club where all of the players could, at any given time, play at the Premier level, if called upon.

Many teams practice together to promote this "whole club" concept, or at least, they should.

Now, the Clubs have two opportunities to win the much coveted Pakenham Cup (which I understand is older than even the Stanley Cup), and two opportunities to make the Provincials. Finally, the Club has two opportunities to do well in the League standings. which makes both sides very important to the Clubs, since sponsorships, City and Club pride all ride on how well the Club does at both. Lets face it, the Premier level of Soccer, whether it's in the Valley or the Metro League, is like the equivalent of Hockey's "Langley Hornets", "Chilliwack Chiefs" or "Powell River Paper Kings". Soccer at that level is what many kids aspire to, and is supposed to be at a high level, so having a healthy club is pretty important to many more people than just the players who participate in it.

Hope that helps. And it's just one man's opinion.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

This is why kudos must go out to the Chilliwack Rapids who have involved the Youth Soccer teams, the Community Paper, and the District itself to help promote and build soccer in their city. They regularly have about 200 fans come out to their home games, and put on an excellent show for them: with music, 50-50 draws, prize giveaways and the works with all of this in some of the best facilities East of Swangard Stadium. The CAT guys all help out during Premier Games, and the guys who played Premier that week help out during the CAT games. Both sides also go and support the Women's side, which only strengthens the Club. The kids who come out to the Park to watch the Rapids play often stick around to ask for autographs from the players, who they are beginning to look up to, which means that they will want to play for them when they are old enough or good enough one day. It's great to witness, and the end result is great for Soccer, no matter what team you play for.

Every Club should be like that.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woah... I guess that about covers it. Is noone going to say anything about the light reading? sombody say something... I can't piss-take on a guy who supports our club!

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
I wouldn't be so ****y if i was a premier guy and barely had a hold of the CAT division... you've only got a three point lead on the real CAT teams. Considering you run a half and half line-up by this point you should be stretching that lead out. Boast away while you lead, that's fair. I mean it's nice to be able to celebrate somewhere ;)

I don't really care what you wouldn't be doing Cryuff, thankfully I'm not you. That advice falls on deaf ears coming from way down in second place:p, sorta like a annoying whisper. This is not cream its football I don't know what you are saying with your half and half crap. Against your goon squad we had 5 premier guys one in net. Now we had three subs, i think that equals...5-1 in net, 3 subs ...you're right about half :rolleyes: Maybe you should focus on what you know. What do you know?
I'll tell you what I know, you guys got away with a lucky point and had we known or realized that that gamed mattered and that you guys were in second place that would not of happened. I would have also kicked you a couple times for sure... :cool:

ND RULES :bronco:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rivermouth said:
This is why kudos must go out to the Chilliwack Rapids who have involved the Youth Soccer teams, the Community Paper, and the District itself to help promote and build soccer in their city. They regularly have about 200 fans come out to their home games, and put on an excellent show for them: with music, 50-50 draws, prize giveaways and the works with all of this in some of the best facilities East of Swangard Stadium. The CAT guys all help out during Premier Games, and the guys who played Premier that week help out during the CAT games. Both sides also go and support the Women's side, which only strengthens the Club. The kids who come out to the Park to watch the Rapids play often stick around to ask for autographs from the players, who they are beginning to look up to, which means that they will want to play for them when they are old enough or good enough one day. It's great to witness, and the end result is great for Soccer, no matter what team you play for.

Every Club should be like that.

What else are you going to do in Chilliwack? :D

I think the majority of the Premier teams are striving for this type of club support. It doesn't happen over night, it takes time.

How is it that a CAT team is in first and a Premier team is in last? JTG do you guys use many of your CAT players in the Premier games? Does your CAT team play with 1 forward like the Premier team? Have you guys thought about going to 2 forwards?

I'll hang up now and listen to your response. Thanks :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like what they have going in Chilliwack...looks like an enjoyable club. Playing in Ex. park for a Friday evening premier match is a blast, and the lads treat us well at the pub afterwards. Good work out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0