Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's Gonna Win

Who's going to win the Nations Cup?

• Ireland

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Scotland

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Germany

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • India

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Argentina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canada

• Fiji

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Greece

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • England

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • China

• First Nations

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Poland

• Caribbean

• Africa

• Portugal

• Total voters

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB = German somehow

WAB is not German, but circumstances beyond my control has brought me to the Germans. 1996, Italy, after winning it all, dropped out of the NC for 4 years. I had no team to play for and the committee allowed me to play for Germany. Besides, who is really Scotish, English, Irish, Fijian, or Indian anyway?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got some boo boo's

Eagerland have had a couple of injuries as of late and two notables that are %100 finished for this weekend are Leetchie & Dal...
I saw Brad "Give me more Beers" Leetch go over on his ankle quite nasty (had to help carry the bastard back to the changeroom) and Craig "I Love Oasis" Dalrymple broke his ankle while trying to impress some bird playing beach volleyball:rolleyes: Could be some trouble in that camp!!!
Actually while we are on the topic of the limies, they are peeved at Notty for snuffing them and playing for the Irish!!! I say smart move, but they see it differently... Apparently they somehow think that the man is English:rolleyes: Whatever, just another early excuse!!! Probably laying the ground work for when they are tossed from the tourney...

NOTE: WAB you must have ties to the country if you are playing for them in the Ethnic tournament!!!:eek:

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
???

For the record, EVERYBODY on team India is actually of Indian descent...wow, what a concept:rolleyes:

jambo

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
those who play for countries with no ties are wanks anyways....dont care who you are!! well done india

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Got some boo boo's

Originally posted by Guinness
NOTE: WAB you must have ties to the country if you are playing for them in the Ethnic tournament!!!:eek:

Has there really ever been a problem with a player playing with a nation that he has no ties to. Documents are never asked to be seen, it is just a fun tourney with a great concept.

One would hope that guys would try to play for the country that they have ties to, but if a guy does move around from one team to the other, who really cares. No one is getting paid to stack a team to win a huge purse, it is just bragging rights. I would want to be able to brag that I won with a team that was more or less all from that one country.

HOScouldplayfortheCaribs

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB

WAB,

Besides, who is really Scotish, English, Irish, Fijian, or Indian anyway?

I think all players playing for their respective countries SHOULD provide proof to the tournament commitee of thier nationality. I also think once you have played for a country, you cannot play for any other countries. Jumping from one nation to another is ridiculous.
Players should take playing for their nation with pride. I know a lot do. But there is also many who couldnt give a shite and they probably couldnt tell you one thing about the country they are playing for. When I have tried to recruit players to play for Scotland over the years, my first question was , "Are you Scottish?" This needs to more of the norm in this tournament. Overall I do believe that the majority of players are honest and are playing for the appropriate countries.
I wish all the teams good luck, except the Engerlish of course. I hope they plunkers get humped!
BTW, David Beckham is a GAY icon!!

Awr da best,

Oor Wullie

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moot.

If this tourney and it's teams didn't have so many "imports" would it be near as successful? How many of the teams could actually field full squads with-out us? My grandmother was part Irish how do you suppose I prove that?

KNVImport

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How could you prove your nationality?

I dont think it would be realisitic to ask players to prove their nationality.
Just because my last name is Wong does not make me Irish.

What is the answer?
If you play with one country, you cannot jump ship and play with another country/team unless you sit out one year.

Thoughts?
MacZaurrini

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No respect

Checking out the poll....

No one is giving Argentina nor Canada any chance.

As far as I know these two teams are made up of players who play year round together.
They already have the team chemistry (could be debated;) ) that other teams will try to accomplish as the tourney goes on.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Super Pip

If you play with one country, you cannot jump ship and play with another country/team unless you sit out one year.
Good shout, but I think that rule is in place already??? Atleast it was for years unless they have got slack lately...:rolleyes:

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jambo

those who play for countries with no ties are wanks anyways....dont care who you are!! well done india

Especially the wanks who play for Engerland that are not even Engerlish!! The only thing worse than that is playing for Scotland then going to play for Engerland. I wont mention any names , hey Brad Leitch a.k.a. TC!!

In our defence, Martin Best has been pardoned for playing for Engerland, due to being corrupted by them. "He once was 'worsty' now he is back to 'Besty' ". BTW, Martin Best is not playing for Scotland this year due to other commitments.

jambo

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TC's

it doesnt really much matter who plays for who....those who play for some other country arent patriotic anyways and its them who lose out ..... Scotland will always choose players with ethnic ties as well as the likes of Portugese Italians Argentines...etc...so to those who choose to play for a different country ..................

awaeanbilyyerheed!!!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Oh

Originally posted by Zaurrini
Well then to keep the INTEGRITY (eh Jinks;) )of the tourney, they should enforce the rule.

First, How the hell did Zaurrini play for Scotland a few years ago?

Second, the tourney is a money maker for Richmond Soccer, why would they want to create controversy and piss people off, so they don't enter the next year.

Third, who wants to be the one checking I.D. at the door, or doing the background checks on the player rosters for all 40 teams that are entered in the Nations. Get the list this year, and start checking on Monday for next year.

Fourth, who really cares that Notty went from England to Ireland, neither team is going to do anything in this tourney anyway.

My reasons are four fold, so Go Scotland Go.

MacHOS

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mac Zarrini qualified for Scotland by adhering to a strict Scottish diet for a period of one year prior to the tourney. He ate nothing but mince, chips, deep fried mars bars, pints of heavy and Irn Bru. He also manged to completely avoid all fresh fruit and vegetables.

This is the reason why Pipo craves oranges so much.

He ended up contracting scurvey.

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Craving Oranges?

He ate nothing but mince, chips, deep fried mars bars, pints of heavy and Irn Bru. He also manged to completely avoid all fresh fruit and vegetables.

He got off lucky. All that delictable and tasty Scottish cuisine gave me a kidney stone! Its a good job we invented whisky, it seems to balance all that fat intake and let old Scottish pensioners live into thier 90's!!

Regards,

Oor Wullie

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmmm

In our defence, Martin Best has been pardoned for playing for Engerland, due to being corrupted by them. "He once was 'worsty' now he is back to 'Besty' ". BTW, Martin Best is not playing for Scotland this year due to other commitments.

Sounds like something that happen to a guy who used to play for scotland but now plays for Ireland. Except for the part about not playing this year.

Cheers
JB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has there really ever been a problem with a player playing with a nation that he has no ties to

Surprisingly :rolleyes: , the Germans protested that Jason Levitt was playing on the Irish team. Of course, there are no Jewish people in Ireland. :rolleyes: The committee laughed at their protest and we went on to win the tournament. As I said before, you could break down EVERY team and find that all their players are not on the squad under the grandparent rule, except Ireland of course.

Captain

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0