Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women Not Playing Thanksgiving Weekend...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whose idea as it for the women-folk to have the weekend off and yet the men still get to play? Is it really because the women were supposed to be at home cooking the bird? If so, that's so LAME! The MWSL needs to role into the 21st century as it seem they are stuck somewhere in the 1800's!

Posted by: munchkin

Good Question! I have asked the League this question myself and have yet to hear a response, so when I do, IF I do, I will make sure to let y'all know.

It is a joke! Who can't play an hour and 1/2 game AND have some din din's ready? Come on now...
I realize multi tasking is a concept that men just can't grasp, but us ladies, BRING IT!!

Let's get this shite rule changed Ladies...guaranteed, those of you who have plans, would have kept those plans, but managed a lil' footy inbetween bastings ;)

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Years ago, probably 10 or 12 we had a vote at an AGM on whether to play or not play on Thanksgiving weekend. The vote was about 3 to 1 NOT to play. So we haven't. Come to the AGM and we can have the League vote on it again.

Bob

10 or 12 YEARS AGO???? man oh man...there has to be a re-vote on this!

Is there anyone else out there that agrees with a
re-vote!

striker14

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
Years ago, probably 10 or 12 we had a vote at an AGM on whether to play or not play on Thanksgiving weekend. The vote was about 3 to 1 NOT to play. So we haven't. Come to the AGM and we can have the League vote on it again.

Bob

10 or 12 YEARS AGO???? man oh man...there has to be a re-vote on this!

Is there anyone else out there that agrees with a
re-vote!

striker14

I'm sure this vote will be right after the YOUTH PERMIT vote. :rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
I'm sure this vote will be right after the YOUTH PERMIT vote. :rolleyes:

2 completely different topics, but yes, I am sure that this will be looked over as everything else is.

I just wonder, do they vote if the men want to play during this weekend, or is it just "assumed" that they want to play and us women don't? :rolleyes:

striker14

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would think that the Mens teams would have the Thanksgiving weekend off as well, but they have 10 teams in thier division instead of 8 like the women do, so they need every weekend used up, with a few spares for make up games here and there.
I imagine if the girls had 10 teams in each division they'd be playing this weekend to in order to make sure they fit all their games in.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker I hear what you're saying but then who would clean the house for relatives , grocery shop , cook the dinner , wash the dishes after dinner and serve the men cold beer upon request?

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Striker I hear what you're saying but then who would clean the house for relatives , grocery shop , cook the dinner , wash the dishes after dinner and serve the men cold beer upon request?

As sad as this sounds, it still rings true in many households, mine included. I hear what you are saying but finding two hours, not including drive time, today would have been impossible for me and many others. It would have been more considerate to try and move them to a Saturday or Friday night, but making considerations for womens sports is still just a pipe dream.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0