Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2008/2009

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond CIU 4 Westside 4 (4 - 2 on PK's)

Westside gifted us a first goal after they rung one off the post from distance....keeper kind of dropped it into the goal from a corner.....Swede Sensation scores a laser from 30 yards to go up 2 - 0....had a great chance to go up 3 - 0 but chance put over the bar.....

Westside scored 2 goals in the last 10 minutes of the half....both on gifts...similar to the one we got......

We go up 3 - 2 on a great counter-attack....striker gets to nifty ball from the flank rounds the keeper and walks the ball into the goal........then we managed to score a cracker of an own goal.......clearance which sliced into the goal....

Westside goes up 4 - 3 on a clinical finish from a girl who should have been sent off for thuggery......yes, it was a blatant attempt behind the ref's back...but what comes around always seems to go around.....

With 2 minutes to go and 4 up front we get a free-kick....Swede Sensation hits it, keeper tips it off the bar and Sari Raber follows up with the goal.

Westside won the penalty shootout...

Certainly an entertaining game in terms of goals but it was disappointing to give the goals up like we did.....back to training pitch where we must learn to put pressure on the ball higher up the field when opponents are attempting to counter-attack, which is something Westside does well.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coquitlam 0 - NS Renegades 0 (NS wins the PKs)

Game was pretty uneventful. Both teams looked like a couple of teams that had barely seen the pitch over the past two months.

Coquitlam was dreadful in the PKs. Three misses on four shots (misses, not saves).

Really bloody cold at Town Centre.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coquitlam 0 - NS Renegades 0 (NS wins the PKs)

Coquitlam was dreadful in the PKs. Three misses on four shots (misses, not saves).

Haha, you think:). I guess we are just like the Canucks, but fortunately we are not on an 8 game losing streak:).

As for the other game, wow, 8 goals, obviously the offense was working for both teams, despite the 2 month lay-off. Personally, I'd rather play in a 0-0 game, but I am a defender:).

WW

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha, you think:). I guess we are just like the Canucks, but fortunately we are not on an 8 game losing streak:).

As for the other game, wow, 8 goals, obviously the offense was working for both teams, despite the 2 month lay-off. Personally, I'd rather play in a 0-0 game, but I am a defender:).

WW

You're right about that, WW....I've been dreaming of a shutout all season......:D I don't believe we have one yet......

We've had a couple of shootouts against Westside now as we won our first game 4 - 3 earlier in the season. :)

Good luck the rest of the way.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching the pk's, I can't help but wonder why people try to shoot high!! At richmond, the first 4 shots were low to keepers right and the keepers didn't move for either one.I thought Richmond was the most dangerous in the 2nd half and deserved a better fate on the night. PK's are a crapshoot!

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
S.U. 1 - 0 win on a great free kick by #41. 2/3 of the game was in the NS Selects end. The weather didn't help with blowing sleet and freezing rain. We created some fine chances but were not able to put it away. NS keeper made some good stops but we should have been up by a couple at the half. Credit to the NS girls, they don't give up and are always threatening on the counter. Well played both ways ! On to Westside next Sat.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching the pk's, I can't help but wonder why people try to shoot high!! At richmond, the first 4 shots were low to keepers right and the keepers didn't move for either one.I thought Richmond was the most dangerous in the 2nd half and deserved a better fate on the night. PK's are a crapshoot!

You're right about the PK's, Knaacks. Please introduce yourself next time. :) Major mistakes certainly killed us on the night but it was still an entertaining game with 8 goals. :D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby didn't have enough players tonight against Coquitlam Slickers. So Coquitlam gets a win. Kind of disappointed given I went out to watch - could have been worse, it could have been in Abbotsford!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's crap regarding Abbotsford......the league GUARANTEED they would have a team to finish the season off awhile ago........Having said that, we only had 12 at our last game......and might have less this weekend. :(

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know I have been away awhile but how come teams are having such a problem with numbers, especially this time of the year. I don't get it. This is Premier. This just shouldn't happen.

Only six players showed up. Where the hell was the staff? How can you not know only six players are going to show up?

I know I'm getting old, but this kind of stuff didn't happen back 8-10 years ago. There might have only been a handful of teams in Premier, and there was a talent gap to be sure, but everybody showed up on gameday, didn't matter if it was Burnaby Canadians, Surrey United, Aldergrove or Westside.

Personally, I think part of the problem is that some of these teams don't know what it takes to run a Premier team. They're often youth people out of the GMSL, and they think it's the same. It's not. It's harder. It's for grown ups, not kids. Captain seems to get it. He has a plan. Some of these other teams pop up in Premier and wonder why they get their butts handed to them on a weekly basis.

I will say this though, the second Coquitlam team shows up week in and week out. They're probably a long way from being a legit Premier team, but they all show up, and they bust their collective butts for 90 mins. That's more like it.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS... in the interests of full disclosure... The Fat One is back. :wa:

Glory, glory, Metro-Ford!!!

But since I'm in a management role now, I have to be more distinguished. I'll still keep chucking my opinions out there, but I'll be keeping the piss-taking to a minimum, and won't be giving the MWSL the gears every time I log on. That kind of thing is bad for business.

I've matured.:p

FB out.

FB'sback...backagain...FB'sback...tellafriend.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For any Westside players/managers looking in.......really good decision to protest our game for a player who had legitimately registered before the game. How desperate are you? Absolutely fcuking pathetic and it doesn't hurt to have one of the managers/coaches on the MWSL Executive. If it was a mistake, we did everything above board and it could have been stopped before the game.....if someone had said something. I know if Westside won the game, which they didn't deserve to, I'm sure this would be a non-issue. Sad but true.

All season, the rule was online registration within 6 days of the game and the player could play in the first game without a card. The best thing is the referee is one of the board members too and he said "NO PROBLEM" when we showed the form. When he read the online registration, he said nothing and that he knew Sari. Surely if he read the form and noticed it was from that day, he would have said to us that we were not allowed to play her. He didn't so we didn't even bat an eyelash because of the league's policy during the rest of the season.

Anyway, whoever protested at Westside, that's very very sad. Is that one extra point that important to you? Because you didn't deserve to win the game and won on penalties, you figured you should try to 'earn' all 3 points this way?

Hopefully the league will do the right thing....talk to the referee and find out that he said nothing and knew nothing of this 'rule'.

Just when things were starting to resemble some 'normality' with the league, this comes up. I'm very tempted to pull our team out of the last two cup games and we'll gear up for Provincials.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, please don't do it as I'm sure SU doesn't want to advance this way! Plus getting in these two games will better help you gear up for Provincials as opposed to not playing.:eek:

I'm very tempted to pull our team out of the last two cup games and we'll gear up for Provincials.

As for Westside I don't get it. They don't have Mr.Gomes as their head coach and all the class and respect they were starting to get has gone out the window!:rolleyes:
Glad to see that FB is back in the fold again, too bad our TTP rivalary will be toned down a bit about our alliances between SU and Coquitlam!:D

But since I'm in a management role now, I have to be more distinguished. I'll still keep chucking my opinions out there, but I'll be keeping the piss-taking to a minimum

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, please don't do it as I'm sure SU doesn't want to advance this way! Plus getting in these two games will better help you gear up for Provincials as opposed to not playing.:eek:

As for Westside I don't get it. They don't have Mr.Gomes as their head coach and all the class and respect they were starting to get has gone out the window!:rolleyes:
Glad to see that FB is back in the fold again, too bad our TTP rivalary will be toned down a bit about our alliances between SU and Coquitlam!:D

Fair enough, Conductor......the chances are we won't do it but I'm very tempted to. Mr. Gomes was running the team on Friday night but I'm pretty sure I know where it came from.

What is funny though...last year there was a North Shore team who had 4 ineligible players play against us. No cards, no registration papers, no ID.....the ref told us this and I said we would be protesting the game before the game, win or lose. I know the ref didn't say anything to them because he didn't look at the sheet when we handed it to him because he knew who the player was. It took the league about a week and a half to finally award the game to us.........yet in this situation, we had the correct paper work(so we thought), indentification.....and the league has made a decision within two days? :confused: I will be asking how the process went but I do know one of the board members is helping 'run' Westside and I'm VERY surprised that she would be involved in this.

I told the league to give them the 3 points if it meant that much to them....but why the **** do you put down a 5 - 0 score? Is that meant to be punishment? :rolleyes:

Anyway, Conductor, I appreciate your comments and I'm looking forward to talking to the Westside people to hear why they decided to do this..

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If she was legitimately registered before the game, than what's the problem? You have nothing to worry about.

If it was the ref's fault, that fecking blows, and I would hope that you are not to be penalized for it. But, if she was not registered properly, then well, you guys f'd up and someone caught it. The rules is the rules no matter how cheap it feels or who happens to be on the board.

I think it's a bit harsh to talk about class and respect (Conductor) going out the window when Westside is one team that I think has always (at least when we win against them, when we lose it's a different story, bitches ;-) had both of those attributes.

We've seen alot of this kind of sh*t has go down at Nationals in the last years, you really just have to stay on top of that kind of thing, or you may get burned. Hope you don't, but it happens for sure.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If she was legitimately registered before the game, than what's the problem? You have nothing to worry about.

If it was the ref's fault, that fecking blows, and I would hope that you are not to be penalized for it. But, if she was not registered properly, then well, you guys f'd up and someone caught it. The rules is the rules no matter how cheap it feels or who happens to be on the board.

I think it's a bit harsh to talk about class and respect (Conductor) going out the window when Westside is one team that I think has always (at least when we win against them, when we lose it's a different story, bitches ;-) had both of those attributes.

We've seen alot of this kind of sh*t has go down at Nationals in the last years, you really just have to stay on top of that kind of thing, or you may get burned. Hope you don't, but it happens for sure.

K-vale, it was obviously a mistake and our manager has said he feels bad about it now......I don't blame him because if we did know about the cup play being different than the league(they normally send 42 pages out and I suppose we're expected to read all of them) we obviously would not have played the player on the Friday game. It is also NORMAL under a protest for the team to let the other team know before the game starts that it is under protest, like we did last year. To say nothing before the game, see what happens in the game, and then protest is mickey mouse. That can't be argued.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This kind of thing happens to every team sooner or later, call it a learning experience. Burnaby Canadians' experience at 2002 Nationals is a story unto itself - and I don't want to relive it as years of therapy have helped me cope; but it certainly instilled in me the importance of knowing the rules better than the people who administer them.

I think it's cheeky to protest a game after the fact, especially if they knew beforehand. But it's well within their rights. Are you sure it was a protest? The League has in the past acted without protest in similar situations, if they discover illegal players are used. (Again, another learning experience from my past!)

As for the ref being a board member - It's moot because he's a referee at the game, not a board member. But I have to admit it's a little disconcerting that he didn't know the rules if he indeed give the OK for the player to play.

Chin up Captain. What goes around comes around. Do your business the next two games, and maybe you get some help. And if that fails, you'll get another go at them.

BTW... if Sari is the Sari I'm thinking of, the next time you try to squeese a player in at the last minute, your more likely to draw less attention if she's not a former national team player. ;)

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Sari Raber only played 1 game for the Canadian Senior Womans Team but had 19 appearences at U-20. Was she the speedster up front for you CS? I'm not sure if she was the difference in the game for you, as your young swede was the best player on your team that night. Cheers

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Sari Raber only played 1 game for the Canadian Senior Womans Team but had 19 appearences at U-20. Was she the speedster up front for you CS? I'm not sure if she was the difference in the game for you, as your young swede was the best player on your team that night. Cheers

No, the speedster is an SDSS grad. Sari was playing in the midfield. As for the Swede, she is often the best player for us. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This kind of thing happens to every team sooner or later, call it a learning experience. Burnaby Canadians' experience at 2002 Nationals is a story unto itself - and I don't want to relive it as years of therapy have helped me cope; but it certainly instilled in me the importance of knowing the rules better than the people who administer them.

I think it's cheeky to protest a game after the fact, especially if they knew beforehand. But it's well within their rights. Are you sure it was a protest? The League has in the past acted without protest in similar situations, if they discover illegal players are used. (Again, another learning experience from my past!)

As for the ref being a board member - It's moot because he's a referee at the game, not a board member. But I have to admit it's a little disconcerting that he didn't know the rules if he indeed give the OK for the player to play.

Chin up Captain. What goes around comes around. Do your business the next two games, and maybe you get some help. And if that fails, you'll get another go at them.

BTW... if Sari is the Sari I'm thinking of, the next time you try to squeese a player in at the last minute, your more likely to draw less attention if she's not a former national team player. ;)

The president's e-mail said that WESTSIDE filed a protest......

) Players must be registered 7 days prior to playing Cup games.
If a player doesn't have an I.D. card but has a MWSL Player Registration receipt, please check the date of registration.

[SIZE=+1]If you have any doubts about a player's eligibility, allow the player to play, inform both team's coaches/managers and make sure you note it in your game report.[/SIZE]

This was sent out to the referees on Jan. 29th.....

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0