Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2009/10

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good call Cap't, you should put some money on the lotto's. LOL In all honesty, should have been 3 - 1. Lino on our side botched the offside call on the disallowed goal.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
But knaacks, if we connected in the final third on our 60-70% of the play we had in the first half we might have been 2 or 3 up at the half instead of just 1-0. Too bad as we had the 1st half handily won, but we stumbled, made a few mistakes, and let an experienced team take advantage. Good on Coquitlam....they played a solid match but I felt a tie would have justified the quality both teams showed at times. :)
The best part was we looked three or four times better than the first time we played them so that's a positive I'll take away from it. Well done to the pylons. :)

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good call Cap't, you should put some money on the lotto's. LOL In all honesty, should have been 3 - 1. Lino on our side botched the offside call on the disallowed goal.

Tell me about it, you know it is a brutal call when a player on the other team even tells you what a nice header it was. :mad:.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
True Gooner , you had alot of nice possesion in the first half but taking Tabo off in the 2nd hurt your creativity. She was very good with Zoller. You seemed to slow a bit in the 2nd half and let Coquitlam's vets take the game over. Your keeper is going to get burned soon if she continues to play like a sweeper as well. We won't have a problem testing her from long range if she playes that far out ( just an FYI )

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
True Gooner , you had alot of nice possesion in the first half but taking Tabo off in the 2nd hurt your creativity. She was very good with Zoller. You seemed to slow a bit in the 2nd half and let Coquitlam's vets take the game over. Your keeper is going to get burned soon if she continues to play like a sweeper as well. We won't have a problem testing her from long range if she playes that far out ( just an FYI )

Nobody puts Tabo in the corner. Nobody. :mad:

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strikers were our tough spot....Zoller just back from injury, one other out injured, and Tabo pulled up with calf issues....so all in all we couldn't generate much in the final third.
I love sweeper keepers! :)

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only saw the second half. But based on second half performance, I think Gooner is being a bit generous if he felt a draw would have been a more just result. I don't think either team turned in a masterpiece performance by any stretch - it was an ugly match if we are being completely honest. But Coquitlam scored three quality goals in the second half, but the crack officiating crew (or is that an officiating crew on crack?) felt obliged to only count two. I don't think Burnaby generated much in the second half.

Having said all that, Burnaby was way better than the first game. And if they're backline can hold up, with Tabo and Zoller up front there's more than enough firepower to make some noise when we start playing for keeps in the spring. I wouldn't be looking past them should we draw them in Cup, that's for sure.

As for the refs, nice game guys. They're big girls, eh? You don't have to call a foul everytime someone hits the ground. For the love of God, Burnaby was getting free kicks given to them if Phebe so much as looked at a Burnaby defender the wrong way. I think these guys thought it was volleyball. Too bad actually, because it definitely played a part in killing the flow of the match. Both teams have some hard players, and they were neutralized by the officials on the night.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another day with no subs on the bench for SU. ( it's getting repetitive ) BUT none the less we played well enough to get the win dispite going down to 10 players. 0-0 at the half as we squandered chance after breakaway chance in the first half. A non call on a goal that actually crossed the line before being swept out by the Langley keeper , who I must say , played very well. Down to 10 with a straight red for dropping a F-bomb not directed at the ref ( by the way ) and then we scored 3 to finish Langley off. On to City Slickers next Sunday, Cheers

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Renegades 2 Richmond 0

We bascially had the piss taken out of us today. North Shore was a far better team today and unfortunately 12 players didn't cut it today for us.....3 who had to play sick. That's life. The North Shore team played as well as anybody we've played this year in terms of football. However, I do see two big weaknesses in their game and if we had to play them again, with a full line-up we would make life very difficult for them. Congratulations on the win to the Renegades. They fully deserved the 3 points but one positive is that we played as hard as we could for 90 minutes which we didn't do against Burnaby.......We will keep trying to improve so we're ready during the important time of the season...

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only saw the second half. But based on second half performance, I think Gooner is being a bit generous if he felt a draw would have been a more just result. I don't think either team turned in a masterpiece performance by any stretch - it was an ugly match if we are being completely honest. But Coquitlam scored three quality goals in the second half, but the crack officiating crew (or is that an officiating crew on crack?) felt obliged to only count two. I don't think Burnaby generated much in the second half.

Having said all that, Burnaby was way better than the first game. And if they're backline can hold up, with Tabo and Zoller up front there's more than enough firepower to make some noise when we start playing for keeps in the spring. I wouldn't be looking past them should we draw them in Cup, that's for sure.

As for the refs, nice game guys. They're big girls, eh? You don't have to call a foul everytime someone hits the ground. For the love of God, Burnaby was getting free kicks given to them if Phebe so much as looked at a Burnaby defender the wrong way. I think these guys thought it was volleyball. Too bad actually, because it definitely played a part in killing the flow of the match. Both teams have some hard players, and they were neutralized by the officials on the night.

Totally agree on the officiating FB....that's why I was bitching and got the "don't make me toss you" warning, as it seemed every time two players came together he blew a foul. Wasn't one way or the other overall but very frustrating and slowed the match considerably which helped Coquitlam overall when we tried to attack and they wanted to slow it down. If you back up Coq's first goal, we had the ball working out of our end and he called a foul against us (for a player with the ball who shielded it and got called for it, crazy), Coquitlam countered and ended up scoring, there it was, an official impacting a game....arrrgghh. BUT, if you think Phebe was wronged, come earlier next time....in the first half I thought she was doing her Italian act with hands flapping in the air before the tackles even came. :confused:
Our backline has been our achilles (as you can tell by our gf/ga)....we can build attacks and often control the midfield....but our lack of bodies up front and a backline out of sorts at times has hurt us. If you saw Coquitlam's winning goal, both our centrebacks got sucked onto one player and Coq played to the open helper....which left us looking like a U12 house team chasing back. Lots of work stilll to do.
A few of our UBC arrivals including a centreback and striker might help! :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 2 Westside 3

The main issue today was that we had no goalie. We had to bring up up a Selects player to play in goal. I'm confident all 3 goals would have been stopped by our regular goalies but the girl who played in goal did her best. :)

Westside scored within the opening minute on a giveaway.....we then took over the game from the 20 minute mark onwards. We had two good chances in the first half but missed the goal on one and shot right at the goalie the other. The second half had us keep control of the game as we were pressing hard from the opening kick-off. Westside gets a corner......corner game in and somehow the keeper managed to push the ball into our goal. Westside went up 3 on a speculative looping volley from about 30 yards but our keeper unfortunately was well off her line and the ball went mid goal about head high......we kept playing though and scored 2 goals within a minute with 13 minutes left. WE continued to press but couldn't equalize. We had two of the UBC players out but still had no natural strikers. Having a goalie would have been nice today but we didn't and that's how it goes. :) We had a 26 year-old starting and all the rest were under 21. :) We are a very young team but I know when we start getting all the girls in the mix and training together we will be a difficult opponent for all the teams in the league. But we need to start earning a few points or we won't be making provincials. :(

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMFSC Xtreme - 4
Langley - 1

0-0 at the half. Langley worked hard and did well defensively. Coquitlam exploded and had 3-0 lead at minute 60: KJ, Phebes and WW. Langley got one back about the 70th minute. Standerwick sealed the deal with a cracker with about 15 minutes to go.

A solid win, keeps us on pace with Slurrey and North Shore. Assuming they got good result this weekend. MWSL site appears to be down right now.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMFSC Xtreme - 4
Langley - 1

0-0 at the half. Langley worked hard and did well defensively. Coquitlam exploded and had 3-0 lead at minute 60: KJ, Phebes and WW. Langley got one back about the 70th minute. Standerwick sealed the deal with a cracker with about 15 minutes to go.

Since when did I become known as WW on the field, that is solely my name on TTP:p? It's all good, at least my goal counted this weekend, seeing as it was IDENTICAL to the goal I scored last weekend that was disallowed by the silly linesman:mad:.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0