Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WTF is wrong with initiations these days?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bleeding Hearts need something to whine about and the CBC has to take "not news" and "make news" in order to justify taking our tax dollars.

/nuff said

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw this on the news last night and could not figure out what was so wrong here. They said that participating in this was voluntary, and seemed like a lot of people had smiles on their faces, so whats the problem????

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
someone's handicapped kid couldn't participate so it's obviously completely unacceptable...

(just guessing)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd be interested in hearing the case for this type of stuff as to me I can only see the case against it.

To me it doesn't create leaders but followers (sheep). It sends a class message as to where new comers are supposed to fit. I don't get it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd be interested in hearing the case for this type of stuff as to me I can only see the case against it.

To me it doesn't create leaders but followers (sheep). It sends a class message as to where new comers are supposed to fit. I don't get it.

Isn't that what frat houses are there for?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos, while I'm not advocating for Dazed and Confused or Animal House styled hazings and initiations, the "News" media reporting this stuff as news when it's not news is baffling to me.

I'm not for or even against the rituals, hazings, etc. My comments were just squarely aimed at hospital chasing styled "journalism"

I guess a case could be made for these activities based on arguments around "rite of passage" "teambuilding" "History & Traditions" etc, however I'm not going to make the cases.

Inappropriate? Perhaps. Illegal? no. CBC wasting our tax dollars reporting Not News and News unacceptable? Absolutely!

The CBC is also leading the pack on the reporting of the Shaw Television show about the CBSA and their ONE episode detaining and deporting of illegals or those working (taking jobs from Canadians) on expired visas... The same protest-everything crowd from occupy, idle, anti pipelines, anti-oilsands, anti-Olympics, etc etc etc. There's a VERY strong anti-Harper sentiment throughout the left and the centrist to leftist media outlets. It's one thing for the media to report on NEWS and hold the Government Proverbial feet to fire on issues, it's another completely to put op-ed pieces out posing as "news" and form the opinions for people instead of reporting the facts and letting us great unwashed figure it out for ourselves.

Why aren't the CBC and the protest-everything people protesting this show when they're arresting drug smugglers? or denying entry to ex-cons and those on the lam? the CBSA are doing their job and enforcing THE LAW. Those poor people have families too, and kids, and a right to live in a free land chock-a-block full of free everything, entitlements, welfare and bike lanes for everyone too!

let me be clear: I'm not anti-immigration, ffs my families immigrated here from the UK generations ago. The CBC should be reporting the news, not making the news nor should they be giving the Protest Everything crowd a soapbox at every turn to tar and feather the Govt because for once the CBC is under scrutiny and is attempting to be held accountable for our tax $ they spend so frivolously.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Has a leader ever been created? They are born. The world needs sheep because how else would sales people make a living without taking advantage of them.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0