Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your Best 2004 Xmas Gift

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright...let's hear what gift from Santa made you happiest. Mine...a gift certificate for an introductory wood working course at The Joint. I have no idea why they make you take the intro course...I mean, you should see the bread box I made in Grade 9!

I guess this was cheaper than the table saw, router, drill press, jointer, and thickness planer I requested. ;)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First three seasons of Seinfeld on DVD.

Which is a relief, because I can hardly ever catch reruns on television anymore.

Puke. Yeah, puke's a funny word.

-Banya.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Hard copy of "The Davincci Code". Can't wait to read it.

I also received this and I am pretty pumped to start...but my best 2004 Xmas gift was witnessing my brother propose to his bird of 4 years, in my house, infront of my Christmas Tree...WOO HOO!! Can't get any sweeter than that!! :wa: Well...my gas tickets that "Santa" put in my stocking were a close 2nd :rolleyes:

THANKS SANTA

striker14

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
...but my best 2004 Xmas gift was witnessing my brother propose to his bird of 4 years, in my house, infront of my Christmas Tree...WOO HOO!!

Now that is someone that is down with buynothingchristmas, just think of all the happyness that he has given his bird and all the sexual favours that he will get back in return. The only problem, this is not the gift that keeps on givin, he will only have these favours until he say I-Do, then she will say, I-Don't. So once again, this is why, buynothingchristmas is the way it should be.

HappyBoxingWeek

hos

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best gift a pair of shoes. I know that sounds lame, but imagine two teenage boys remembering you liked them two months ago in the store and even getting the size right, not to mention they spent their whole cheque on them.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best Christmas gift of 2004: 2 weeks, flight and accomodation, in Hawaii for this coming June, courtesy of my parents. Once in a lifetime gift, for which there really isn't a 'thank you' that really does it justice. Just an unreal gift.

~Shaven

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a great gift. Once in a lifetime opportunity? It won't be.

At the risk of being labeled "old" (only my bones are aged beyond their years...and my stress level), Christmas started taking on a completely different significance for me when we had our first kid. Now, we just care about the kids...not only making sure they enjoy it to the fullest, but trying to teach them about the importance of giving. My most proud moment this year was watching my 5 year old son drag a big black garbage bag full of his used toys into his school gymnasium for the toy drive. He was quite upset the night before when we explained to him what the toy drive was all about, and that it involved giving away some of his toys, but those tears were gone the next morning, and he seemed proud to give up so much for the benefit of other less fortunate kids.

I honestly don't care if I get one present anymore, but it sure is nice when you get one really great gift, like the book. I don't know how my wife found a hard copy (this is the full color w/ photos edition), but I'm over the moon. I've been looking around for the past month, and have been shut out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which moderator used my account to write that? Three letters: gay. I don't have time to write sappy shite like that anyhow.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Which moderator used my account to write that? Three letters: gay. I don't have time to write sappy shite like that anyhow.

It looks like the work of Dap, but the only moderators with that kind of power are TR, KNVB, and Regs. You take your pick. I'm guessing the kingpin himself. And, no, that's not KNVB.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, it wasn't me. And going by the lack of spelling mistakes I think Beaker is ruled out.

Topically speaking, the best present I got was a MEC gift certificate from my girl. As coincidence would have it that was what I got her. Guess we're both lacking the shopping gene. Or, in other words, we're lazy.

Best present I gave was Rainbow Six 3:Black Arrow to my nephew. After I had played and finished it, of course.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm thinking it was TheRob. He's getting me back for my calling his "Caboose" thread gay, back in "the day".

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0