Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
JJ, the Dutch defender totally missed Costa with the tackle, he stepped on the Dutch players leg as he cuts back. It's one thing if he tackled through his leg it's another thing to step on the player. For me anyway not a foul. Safe to say its moot as the game came down to the save on Silva followed by the van persie goal.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was watching the Ivory Coast vs. Japan game when just before the 70th minute, they panned to the audience. At first, it looked like the Japanese fans (as seen in the top part of the screen), but something caught my eye on the two guys at the bottom. Their hair was dark, but they didn't look Japanese. They did look like bright eyed soccer enthusiasts enjoying the game. Then the one guy figures out they are on the big screen. I love what happens next . . .

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive you're dead right. Costa stepped on his leg. Never a penalty.

Trece agree- Drogba was a threat of something. Although he was dropping back further than Teo was and was more involved I thought. Outside the one free kick he hit well he never really threaten goal himself but certainly kept the Japanese honest and his presence appeared to fire up his side.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
For everyone bitching about the CBC coverage, I found something way more painful. ESPN Radio featuring Shep Messing. It's being simulcast locally by Team 1410 AM and while I was listening to the end of the Swiss/Ecuador match in the car Messing proclaimed, "and everyone knows that goalkeepers are crazy, but the Swiss one is so crazy he's wearing one blue boot and one red boot!" The other commentator had to let him know that it was actually a Puma thing and he had to do it to keep his endorsement along with dozens of other players at the World Cup. F'ing CLUELESS.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For everyone bitching about the CBC coverage, I found something way more painful. ESPN Radio featuring Shep Messing. It's being simulcast locally by Team 1410 AM and while I was listening to the end of the Swiss/Ecuador match in the car Messing proclaimed, "and everyone knows that goalkeepers are crazy, but the Swiss one is so crazy he's wearing one blue boot and one red boot!" The other commentator had to let him know that it was actually a Puma thing and he had to do it to keep his endorsement along with dozens of other players at the World Cup. F'ing CLUELESS.
Good old Shep. During the Mexico match, everything was "Chaos!!!!!"
image.jpg

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cracking tournament so far......shocking goalkeeping overall and love the fact we have had no draws yet AND we have had several diabolical calls too. But overall, VERY entertaining. BTW, what's with goalies diving backwards on crosses now...even if they were to stop the headers they would be in the back of the net. This is the worst I've ever remembered the goalies being but it does add goals to the total.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you are going to cocobongo someone, you give it all you have and cause some damage. The gentle head bob just earns an early shower . . . and shame.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
eva-padberg-holds-up-german-flag_0.jpg

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars