Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars 07/08 VMSL All-Stars

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As found on the VMSL site:

OPEN MEN'S DIVISION

The following players have been 'short-listed' for the All-Star team. The final selection will be announced soon.

Goalkeepers: Thomas Lindley (Columbus-Clan FC); Brian Brum (Sporting Club); Paul Shepherd (Surrey United)

Defenders: Brook Scott (Metro-Ford); Richard Price (Metro-Ford); Jag Sajjan (Indo FC); Jonathan Poli (Columbus-Clan FC); Mark Gomes (Sporting Club); Mike Gomes (Sporting Club); Steve Millar (Surrey United); Graeme Magowan (Surrey United); Jeff Skinner (Firefighters FC)

Midfielders: Joseph Marrello (ICSF Inter); Mike Tempesta (ICSF Inter); Emilio Bottiglieri (Metro-Ford); David Morris (Indo FC); Johnny Sulentic (Croatia SC); Oliver Heald (Croatia SC); Lucas Barrett (Firefighters FC); Freddy Malek (AFC Leopards); Paul Dailly (West Van FC)

Forwards: Tiernan King (Columbus-Clan FC); Milad Rahmadi (West Van FC); Kevin Crouch (ICSF Inter); Rizal Ganief (Surrey United); Ryan Dormer (Sporting Club); Ryan Glanville (West Van FC)

Administrators: Coaches: Joe Pinto (Sporting Club) and Steve Millar (Surrey United); Team Administrators: Martin Foden (Surrey United & VMSL) and Roy Nosella (VMSL)

Game: Sunday, May 25, 2008 against FRASER VALLEY ALL-STARS at Coquitlam Town Centre Stadium. Kick-off is slated for 4:00 p.m.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
croatia an inter let in the least amount of goals this year an not one goalkeeper or defender was picked????

Erman Ozkan had a great year for Inter. He did not play in the first game against Columbus where Inter let in three goals and also did not play against AFC where they scored three against Inter. So, for the two biggest goals against he was not the keeper. He kept several clean sheets and kept Inter in some close matches. Not bad for a 19 year old kid.

Why is Millar one of the coaches? Shouldn't there be one of the coaches from each of the side winners, i.e. West Van & Sporting. Sporting is represented but why not West Van? Surrey finished third on their side, 5th overall. Why no coaches from the A side of the draw?

Don't get me wrong, I like Millar (yeah I am the one), but the setup is odd this year. If Millar makes the team as a defender, will he coach himself?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty sure the coach of WV will be in Palm Springs at the time hooking up with his main squeeze Paula :D

Or maybe that is the following week?

Anyways, if people can't make the game, they pick others who can. At least that's the way I understand it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow........some shockers there on the VMSL team............:eek:

I do know that Sahil Sandhu should be on the team but he only played 5 games, scoring 6 goals......It is odd that a coach would be selecting himself to play......Hmmmmmm

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The West Van coach was apparently approached to coach but was unavailable or unable to do it.

The All-star team is always a difficult one to select and there will always be people that disagree, but overall, I think they've done a good job of it. We'll see how the team looks after it's trimmed down. But like any selection process, it's subjective.

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have it on good authority that once Fiorvento was approached and he turned down the position, the league asked Millar if he would give the Sporting coach a hand if needed since he was going to be involved as a player anyway. Millar wasn't picking the team, but was probably asked to help if he could due to years of service.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have it on good authority that once Fiorvento was approached and he turned down the position, the league asked Millar if he would give the Sporting coach a hand if needed since he was going to be involved as a player anyway. Millar wasn't picking the team, but was probably asked to help if he could due to years of service.

Well, Thriller phoned me and told me that if he wasn't coach, he wanted nothing to do with the team. He also wanted to make it clear that he would coach without a hefty fee. Fiorvento wanted more money than Millar, hence Millar being appointed instead. Besides, the VMSL team, from what I heard is interested in play a kick and run game.......so certain players who can kick a ball 70 yards up the field are a must in the line-up. Again, guys, don't shoot the messenger...........Having said that, it could all be hogwash........:eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find it hard to believe Millar would take less money - it is well established on TTP that he is all about the bling.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
......so certain players who can kick a ball 70 yards up the field are a must in the line-up.........:eek:

You are just sad that you were out played by the long ball team, in TWO very big games. I can see it now, "OK guys, they beat us in the first match with the long ball, they play long ball all season long, there is noooo way they will try that against us in the Provincials, come on Millar wouldn't try that again on us."

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK self, they've chipped me from everywhere on the park this whole season, in training, in games, they've chipped me on every team I've played on, they've chipped me my whole career. There is noooo way they will try to chip me today.

:D

shipwreck

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is how I think this years team was selected. The Sporting coach and the West Van coach were both asked to coach this years team. The West Van coach for what ever reason was unavailable, and they probably looked for alternates but could not find anyone that was available. Since Steve was already playing and is also a coach of a good team, it was a no brainer. As far as picking the team, in years past the coaches determined the 18 players and decided who was worthy and who was not. Knowing these coaches and how they coach, they probably decided to let the players determine who should be on the team by allowing them to show their stuff instead of trying to remember who was a stand out or not.

The players are usually selected off a list that is provided by the coaches of every team, numbering them from 1 being their strongest to 5. So if you are not seeing certain players, then you may want to focus your attention on those coaches that sent off the list!! Another reason why you are probably not seeing certain players on the selected list is that they possibilty were not available. Just my opinion.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is noooo way they will try to chip me today.
:D

"I have been doing "the move" since I was 10 on parks all ove the lower mainland, hundreds of players have fallen for "the move", there is nooo way I can again try the move in O-35's, oh shitt I did it, and now I need a doctor"

Same Idea.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are just sad that you were out played by the long ball team, in TWO very big games. I can see it now, "OK guys, they beat us in the first match with the long ball, they play long ball all season long, there is noooo way they will try that against us in the Provincials, come on Millar wouldn't try that again on us."

hos

Great post, Jose. It's a good thing you have a brain on your head and understand football. Most goalies do. Out played??????????

Bwahahahahahahahha

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it worth posting the score here?

Was it 8 or 9?

You want to say that it is all for fun but I can't see it being too much fun for the losing side - ouch!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0