Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars 07/08 VMSL All-Stars

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From I saw, there was a smallish Indo-Canadian looking lad in net for the Valley first half, and he made several cracker saves.

He may need therapy now though.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A small indo canadian keeper??? Could he even touch the crossbar...cuz then I can understand the score? What Premier side was he from as I don't recall a keeper in this league that resembles this? Was it Guiness in disguise?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am pretty sure he was Indo-Canadian, but I was aways away looking on from the changeroom area.

Sir M.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair to the said Indo-Canadian or Fijian keeper, he only let in 2 goals. There was another keeper in net for the second half.

FVSL came out motivated for the start of the game but I think they just couldn't keep up to our pace of play and it showed in the second half.

I wonder if there will be a game next year?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair to the said Indo-Canadian or Fijian keeper, he only let in 2 goals. There was another keeper in net for the second half.

FVSL came out motivated for the start of the game but I think they just couldn't keep up to our pace of play and it showed in the second half.

I wonder if there will be a game next year?

If the FVSL All-Stars have anything to say about it, I'm guessing a resounding NO..............:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, I got a real nice rip via PM from a member of this board yesterday who was apparently involved. No idea who he is. Too much of a pussy to post here and tell what happened.

I was in seeing Shawn Patterson yesterday (sorry Stepchild, he's just so much closer to the homestead), and he was downright embarrassed about the whole thing. Apparently there was only one fullback from the squad who showed up. The rest were fill ins (including Chuck Keeling from Langley). Many other players couldn't be fcuked to show up, apparently.

Of course the PAU stuff too.

All that being said, CLOUGHIE, read my posts...they were mostly directed at organizers, and flakes. Be prepared when you agree to do something like this. I hate to point it out, but two years ago Coach was PREPARED. My posts were not directed at the players involved, because it was clearly obvious few of the actual team even showed up. No doubt the guys who played did what they could.

So, when this happens, you have to ask yourself- why? Goes back to organizers, and I don't care who was involved, it was clearly done on a piss poor level. And, spare me the "why don't you do it if you're so fcuking clever" shite. I'm pretty sure I could come up w/ an 8-0 thrashing too.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is why the FVSL is "House League".
I heard it should have been 18 - 0.

I guess thats why you were soo mad about losing at old Newton to the Mighty Rangers in the second round.

The FVSL doesn't have the same quality of players as the VMSL, we all know that, look at how many of those VMSL all-stars have played pro, but that doesn't mean that with the right coaching they couldn't give the the vancouver boys a run. Hey, Millar should have coached the valley team, no way the vmsl can stop the long ball, well only if Captain was the coach.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but that doesn't mean that with the right coaching they couldn't give the the vancouver boys a run.
So what you're saying is that it was bad coaching on Sunday? Who was coaching?

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as the FVSL missing players, that doesn't cut it. I also heard that quite a few of the Metro league players couldn't show up, and that they trained once mid-week, and only had 9 guys there.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to know the line ups for the match. Who suited up for the valley?

And if the goalie had to play centre back second half. wow.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what you're saying is that it was bad coaching on Sunday?

It doesn't matter who was coaching, if you show up with 8 or 9, then start a game with 11 that don't match up in any way against the other VMSL 11, then it is up to the coach to decide, "Hump it up the Park, and defend like mad, with one front runner, running his nuts off."

Much like you will see from Canada vs. Brasil this Saturday in Seatown.
Who will be the lucky Canadian that gets to chase after the ball up front while the other 10 men are behind center when Brazil has the ball.

hos

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0