Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 Kamloops Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good planning

Yah, I remember that. That was when you organized something when 6 members of the Pocomo(TTP) dream team had a prior engagement. Sorry, I will see if I can play 10 games in a weekend next time. 5 isn't enough. I must try harder.

Yours in triggering your memory banks,

Captain

Owl

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cartwheels

On the bright side, that kneecap'll at least get him out of some housework for a few weeks. Lucky bugger.

I don't suppose there's any video of that penalty.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear that Chiasson's team had to default the final after losing their keeper to another terrible injury.
Riverside won the Comp. div, in a 3-1 or 4-1 win

What gives? I thought the Rangers (aka "Chaisson's team") were in the competitive division. Default or no?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not quite

Keeper,

Chaisson was player for a team from Edmonton, a team of lawyers, I think. Therefore, he did not win. As for the Rangers, they might have won the Open tournament, not the competitive. I know they were in the final against another Kamloop team.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
serve and volley

My memory banks are just fine. And I do remember that there were other engagements... people shouldn't have said they were going to be there though, if in fact, they weren't. I'll add that you certainly weren't the only one.

It wouldn't have left such a sour taste if it were not that it was people on the forum that suggested a tourney, not I... That is the point that I'm sure I'm still not saying very well.

Anyways, everyone from TTP seems to have fun in Kamloops so isn't that enough?

~TB.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not in the slightest bit envious....

Good to read that I missed very little, then. I was standing on the platform at Waterloo Station to get to Kamloops in time for the dance, at the very least, but once again British Rail contrived to cokc things up. It cheers me no end to think that $16.53 is, in Canadian terms, a lot of wonga for food. I loathe you all equally. Except, Owl, who it's good to see has been resurrected from the OTB ashes. Good result (0-0) for your mob last night against Atletico Bilbao. At least it sounds like a good result if only by virtue of the fact that Atletico Bilbao sound as if they should be useful with their swarthy and interesting dago name. Despite the fact they lost to the 'boro 3-0. Apologies, Regs, for not posting that on the proper thread but this computer only gets this one for some reason.

Owl

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours

I've still yet to hear the truth about what happened to Chiasson's team. I was told that they "defaulted the final", but I have no idea about any of the details, other than he was playing for an Edmonton team. Indeed, I was probably misinformed about everything except the team's home and the "terrible injury".

Sorry for any inconveience etc. etc..

Fastshow. It is definitely good to be back - even if it's only temporarily (as work permits). Did you mean my lot played Bilbao? I obviously missed it in the excitement of looking forward to returning to Blighty just in time for the no doubt title-deciding clashes with the perennial favourites West Brom and Norwich. My only disappointment is that I couldn't fly in a day earlier to see us get beat by Bury.

Yours in good telly for a week,

Owl.

Regs, further discussions will take place on the appropriate thread, but my body's still recovering from the 5 games in 3 days debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0