Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Province Cup (Men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB:

Please don't forget to bold the word moot.

Like when the Captain starts wanking off about Celtic's league triumph this year.

Today, the point is moot.

:D

Stud

Mar 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Rangerforever
WAB:

Please don't forget to bold the word moot.

Like when the Captain starts wanking off about Celtic's league triumph this year.

Today, the point is moot.

:D

Rangers winning the UEFA Cup next year...ahhhhh..who cares it's a moot cup.:(

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Final

Bad atmosphere at Town Centre!!! It would however be a much more pleasent place to be if they ran a beer garden behind one of the goals... much like Canterberry Court... get some kind of crowd out to enjoy good footy on a sunny day...
Anyone else planning on attending???

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not on MUM's Day, Thats a Good Move

It could be a nice day, good idea having it on Saturday.

Will try to get out to Town Centre and see a repeat by both BBY. Canadians women and Gorge Muckers men. Just joking coachk, I think your shoe string team can pull off the win for the men.

As for the women, they will win the match if they get the same goalkeeping that they always get, and the girls don't go in over confident as last years champs, I don't think it will happen after the game they had vs. UBC allum this year.

HOSwilltrytogettoTownCentre,ifGuinnessisonTap

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Town Centre's atmosphere does suck, but Yowen along with Kid#11 and a bird TBA will be attending nonetheless. Come say hi, I'll be the only Indo on the Gorge sidelines. :D

BTW- Gorge 2 Westside 0

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice Picture of Westside Player with Ball beside the Goal Post

In the Province this morning, the picture shows a Westside player stopping the ball on the goal line beside the goal post.

I think the game was against Slurry, when Westside spanked them.

The Slurry Club of the Week ends this weekend, when Burnaby Canadians will beat the Surrey Girls.

HOSoftheWeek

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
my oh my

From the VMSL website:

Victoria Gorge 1
Westside 0

I think it might be time to stop underestimating these guys. Anybody see the match?

-Sensei.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge 1 - 0 Westside

Score was probably a fair result................Westside had one great chance on a well taken free kick taken by Chaison but had it cleared off the line by a Gorge defender.

Gorge had a couple of good chances before the winner was scored and were the stronger and much deeper team today.

Simon left the game 20 minutes in complaining of a tummy ache...............Boban did his ankle 30 minutes in the first half too.
Simon returned for the final 15 minutes after Gorge took the lead but never really threatened.

Not a bad game..............not a great turnout and of course the lack of a beer garden put a damper on the atmosphere for this TTP'er.

Aaron Richer was the man of the match for Westside, while the center back (#7 I believe) was excellent for the winning side. Besty got tossed and had a good moan to the ref(who was a non factor in the game so was EXCELLENT) when leaving the park.

Cheers,

John

helmuut

Apr 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge wins!

Congrats to Yowen and friends who predicted us to win. We actually played the poops...and still took home the Cup. Thought the referee was top notch....hard to say. Number 7 was Robbie Veenhoff....probably our best player. We'll do B.C proud this October in NEwfoundland. Thanks to our 80 or so fans who made the trip. Unlucky Westide, you guys were top notch. I think maybe the Gorge will be taken not so lightly next time. Youguys still can't belive it...can ya!Have a good Summer!

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well-done Gorge. Never would take anyone lightly!
All the best back east.
Bring it home!

One goal was always gonna win it.

TSN turning point…. losing Simon and Bobsky in the first 15….

John…FCKu you

I never touched him and the ref bit on the dive…
:(

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deserved

Well done, Gorge.

Deserved all the way. I don't think anyone was taking them lightly. We certainly did not. The determining factor with Gorge is their depth (not to mention their intensity and determination). They are very similar to Sapperton, but one goal better.

I think this time around for Gorge, a Canadian title for the BC team is very possible.

Congratulations on a championship well deserved.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper!

Keep the picture with you for all 4-5 games you will be suspended! Some cry babies just never learn!!! Another classic Besty card!!

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
to the champs

Well done Gorge, result was fair. 2 years in a row as the provincial champion - goes to show that maybe they can play soccer on the island. On to the nationals to take care of some unfinished business...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0